Favre won’t be able to say goodbye

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's start with the Vinatieri signing ( this would be an excellent way for TT to start showing he is serious ) and I will start having a "little faith" myself :wink:

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Let's start with the Vinatieri signing ( this would be an excellent way for TT to start showing he is serious ) and I will start having a "little faith" myself :wink:

If he doesn't sign here that will suck. I really don't care much for Vanderjagt. Everyone knows Wisconsin is full of beer we don't need an alcoholic kicker as some people report he is.

Reaction score
Trom., you forgot one player who I think would look AMAZING in green and gold.... La'Var Arington. He is still a FA, and when he saw the field (he played VERY limitied time, was in Gibbs doghous), he was a stud. Would be a great MLB, and allow Barnett to move as well.

Thanks for the news about the free weights Z2C. Didn't know about that, and now not using them last year is a very questionable move. No wonder our Strength and Conditioning coach got fired.

66, the fact is that Z2C made an excellent post. TT made some very solid moves last season to add depth to our line up, and you have to build a team from the bottom up. Sherman's tenure in GM left us VERY thin at most positions, and TT is taking the right course from building up. I'm sorry but if you expect all the signings to be pro-bowlers then you are expecting too much because no team can ever have all pro bowlers. TT is getting players who will do a little dirty work, something MS the GM didn't have. As for your approach on FA, most of the players signed are in their 30's, and on the down side of their career. TT signed PIckett and White because they were still relativly young. That is the right course to take, because old aging players never seem to work out for us (couple of exceptions). Favre can't win with players who are on the downside of their carrer, who have lost a step, and are questionable team mates.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm sure Lavar Arrington isn't "Packer People" according to some posters here..

Whatever that means...

AADP...

one question...

How was Ron Wolf able to do it....???

(I know what you're going to say about this too...and it's probably somewhat true...!)

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I still remember that play where Arrington jumped of the center in college. that was awesome lol

I'd say Arrington is Packer People. He's a hard worker who gives it his all. He knew last year his DC didn't like him, but he didn't really complain about it, instead he busted his butt off and did the best he could.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 I got a question what the hell do you want TT to do? All you do is complain and say TT sucks. WE CANT SIGN EVERY BIG NAME FREE AGENT. its impossible.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its simple.

What TT doesnt do, he should.

and what TT does do, he shouldn't.

thats the game Pack66 plays..and its annoying.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
Pack66 if you only use free agency you become the yankkees. And look at them they cant win the world series even with all those guys.

REAL bad analogy son. If we won the Lombardi trophy as often as the Yankees win the world series.....nobody would complain!

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
P@ck66 I got a question what the hell do you want TT to do? All you do is complain and say TT sucks. WE CANT SIGN EVERY BIG NAME FREE AGENT. its impossible.

I'd like to see a detailed roster from 66 as to what the packers should have done and/or should do.

He won't ever do it because he has to focus his energy on being a terrible fan. (jus my opinion on the terrible fan part)

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
its simple.

What TT doesnt do, he should.

and what TT does do, he shouldn't.

thats the game Pack66 plays..and its annoying.

Sherman is gone, MM hasn't coached a game yet...so the only person he has to take his frustrations out on is TT. :p

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Depack Yeh I wish we had all those trophies too, but lately what for like 2000. And they have a freaking bigger cap then everyone else. So its not the beat analogy. but do you get the point.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
I love this article, thanks for posting it...I to believe Brett will be back!!!

If he does retire it will be tough for Packers fans for a while. One of my worst memories of the Nfl was seeing Walter Payton walk away from the NFL in 1988. At least Brett, like Payton, will walk out a Chmpion with a SB ring and is one of the top players of all time at his position. Good luck with his decision whatever it may be.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerSacker54 said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:

If he does retire it will be tough for Packers fans for a while. One of my worst memories of the Nfl was seeing Walter Payton walk away from the NFL in 1988. At least Brett, like Payton, will walk out a Chmpion with a SB ring and is one of the top players of all time at his position. Good luck with his decision whatever it may be.

And one of the most disappointing things that this Packer fan has ever seen was when Mike Ditka gave the ball to the fridge at the goalline in the Super Bowl, instead of letting Payton score a Super Bowl TD. Who deserved the thrill of scoring a Super Bowl TD more than Payton? Can't stand the bears (especially that team) but I thought that might have been the most disrespectful thing I've ever seen to a first ballot HOFer.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
PackerSacker54 said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:

And one of the most disappointing things that this Packer fan has ever seen was when Mike Ditka gave the ball to the fridge at the goalline in the Super Bowl, instead of letting Payton score a Super Bowl TD. Who deserved the thrill of scoring a Super Bowl TD more than Payton? Can't stand the bears (especially that team) but I thought that might have been the most disrespectful thing I've ever seen to a first ballot HOFer.

Stop it! Why do you have to bring that up (F'N Fridge)? You're going to make me cry. That was a hard game for Payton to do as much as he did. All the New England defense did is key on him the whole game(especially when the entire Superdome was chanting ("Walter!,Walter" before each carry) Keying on Payton allowed the rest of the offense to score. In a sense, Walter played a major role in that game as a decoy, the price you pay for being a team player I guess. I still would've liked him to get a TD though.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At first glance, it would appear unlikely (at least to me) that Favre is impressed with TT's use, or misuse, of our cap money. He may be more impressed after the draft but will he be allowed that much time? I would think so because if he retires, I see TT & MM giving Rodgers his chance. We must remember that Rodgers was almost the #1 pick last year. I suspect the 49ers wish now that they had taken Rodgers. I had hoped for much more in FA, but now I'll just look forward to the draft.

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerSacker54 said:
DePack said:
PackerSacker54 said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:

Stop it! Why do you have to bring that up (F'N Fridge)? You're going to make me cry. That was a hard game for Payton to do as much as he did. All the New England defense did is key on him the whole game(especially when the entire Superdome was chanting ("Walter!,Walter" before each carry) Keying on Payton allowed the rest of the offense to score. In a sense, Walter played a major role in that game as a decoy, the price you pay for being a team player I guess. I still would've liked him to get a TD though.

dID YOU KNOW THAT wALTER LOCKED HIMSELF IN A ROOM WITHIN THE THE LOCKER ROOM AT THE sUPERBOWL AFTER THE GAME BECAUSE HE WAS SO MAD AT NOT GETTING THE td? tHEY HAD TO TALK HIM INTO COMING OUT. iT WAS ALMOST TWO HOURS AFTER THE GAME HAD ENDED.(damn, had the caps lock on). It's in a new book written by one of the Chicago newpaper columnist. Not sure who. He states that McMahon and Ditka did not want to be upstaged by Walter in the Superbowl. Ditka now regrets that very much even to this day and says it will always haunt him. Sorry for getting OT. Just thought I would add that tidbit of info.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheesehog said:
PackerSacker54 said:
DePack said:
PackerSacker54 said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:

dID YOU KNOW THAT wALTER LOCKED HIMSELF IN A ROOM WITHIN THE THE LOCKER ROOM AT THE sUPERBOWL AFTER THE GAME BECAUSE HE WAS SO MAD AT NOT GETTING THE td? tHEY HAD TO TALK HIM INTO COMING OUT. iT WAS ALMOST TWO HOURS AFTER THE GAME HAD ENDED.(damn, had the caps lock on). It's in a new book written by one of the Chicago newpaper columnist. Not sure who. He states that McMahon and Ditka did not want to be upstaged by Walter in the Superbowl. Ditka now regrets that very much even to this day and says it will always haunt him. Sorry for getting OT. Just thought I would add that tidbit of info.

Chicago newspaper columnists are usually full of crap. Cheesehog, in no way am I calling you a Liar that there was a story like that out there. I had never heard anything like this until now. It's just hard to believe a coach and qb would risk a SB victory by throwing their main offensive weapon(of the last 10 years) under the table like that for apersonal popularity/performance contest and such, seeing as it was the Bears first SB appearance and they wanted the win more than anything. I have the postgame on DVD as well as that game and Walter didn't look as upset as this story makes him sound. Who knows? That is interesting though I'd like to find some sort of link to that story so I can check it out. He should've gotten that td that "Fatboy" got, especially since I 've watched him jump over the defense and goaline into the end-zone from the one yard line plenty times before SBXX. :x

Members online

Latest posts