FAVRE TRADE DONE?

Chevelle2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=406763

Someone just called into the radio and said they saw Bruce Allen eating dinner with Brett Favre at Flemings.

*edit*
Another person that works at Flemings confirmed they were both there.

Someone that works at the Bucs facility also called in, and said he toured the facility last night. And, there are rumors the Bucs have contacted GB about a trade.

*edit*
Someone else just called in, and said it's a done deal. A 2nd rounder & Chris Simms for Favre.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
If there is mercy for the Packers.. please make this happen.. :lol:

Is it too much to ask for a tampering charge to be added on the top against the Bucs if they didn't have Green Bay's permission. ;)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I said a trade before the end of the week, but jesus.

Why would GB want Simms?

(I don't believe a word of this...yet)

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why would GB want Simms?

I don't believe it either, but I WANT to believe it, because this would be about the best possible outcome. Maybe Simms could be the veteran backup they don't have, even though he is still pretty young. Or he could be a bargaining chip for another trade.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=406763

Someone just called into the radio and said they saw Bruce Allen eating dinner with Brett Favre at Flemings.

*edit*
Another person that works at Flemings confirmed they were both there.

Someone that works at the Bucs facility also called in, and said he toured the facility last night. And, there are rumors the Bucs have contacted GB about a trade.

*edit*
Someone else just called in, and said it's a done deal. A 2nd rounder & Chris Simms for Favre.

Check my history I had said that last week ;)

bigbyfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

Why would GB want Simms?

I don't believe it either, but I WANT to believe it, because this would be about the best possible outcome. Maybe Simms could be the veteran backup they don't have, even though he is still pretty young. Or he could be a bargaining chip for another trade.

I doubt simms would be part of a deal because it is pretty much a given that Simms is going to be cut at some point. If the Packers want him, they will wait until he is cut.

Pack93z

Reaction score
I doubt simms would be part of a deal because it is pretty much a given that Simms is going to be cut at some point. If the Packers want him, they will wait until he is cut.

Pennies on the dollar.. plus the Bucs save a little in how the cap hit is applied.. it is a throw in token.. nothing more.. but saves the Packers a little face.

Greg.. I question it too.. even though it is a bargain yet for the Bucs.. it is more than any other offer they may have gotten after Favre painted them into the corner last night..

OP
OP
C

Chevelle2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chris Simms? Ted, you're killing me if this is true. How about a defensive tackle instead?

The 2nd rounder is nice though.

Simms was OK before he ruptured his fricken spleen.

He had an 81 rating, 61% completion, 10/7 TD/INT. Not spectacular but not too shabby. YOu could also throw in the fact that Tampa had no run game that year and average at best targets.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Brett has to play somewhere else, then Tampa is a good spot. He caused them so much frustration in the '90s, it would be funny for him to take them on a run.

I would cheer for him as a Buc, as long as he's not playing us. Week 4 in Tampa would be ridiculous!

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:
If Brett has to play somewhere else, then Tampa is a good spot. He caused them so much frustration in the '90s, it would be funny for him to take them on a run.

I would cheer for him as a Buc, as long as he's not playing us. Week 4 in Tampa would be ridiculous!

That game would be unbelievable. Almost more gut wrenching than the Seattle playoff game.

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This would bankrupt me.

The Pack is playing New Orleans in the Superdome (an hour and a half from me), and that's a must see because I want my son to see a Packers game. The Bucs also play NO in the Dome, and that's a must-see because I'd also like my son to watch Brett play.

That's (ouch) four must-buy NFL tickets this season. Oh well, it'd be cheaper than flying across the country to watch the Pack like I've done the past two years.

Seriously, this would be good for all involved, and it would get this damn PR nightmare over with.

Am hoping it's true, except the part about Simms. Chris Simms????

Go figure.

Pack93z

Reaction score
I see Murphy cancelled his appearance in Milwaukee today.

"Family Illness"

Family Illness = Fear of revolt upon news that Brett Favre, the Icon of the Packers for the last 30 plus years has been traded.. :lo: (based on this report having merit)

Some will not see that the relationship between the Packers (at least Ted and maybe MM) and Favre is broken beyond repair..

Sad, but this seems like the best solution.. take whatever you can get and cut the cord.

Latest posts