Favre - A good sign, maybe ...

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"The U.S. Bank Championship is scheduled for July 18-24. Before Favre committed to appear, a representative from his foundation called to make sure the dates of the pro-am and Celebrity Shoot-out (July 18 and 19) wouldn't conflict with Packers training camp."

That is a positive sign, vixtalkn. Has the training camp schedule been set yet?

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
found this little bit on sportingnews:

Brett Favre - #4 - Quarterback - 6'2" - 224lbs
Mon Feb 14 2005 - There are no signs that the club is preparing for Favre's departure, and there have been indications that the veteran QB intends to return for a 15th season. Favre's biggest concern is that he will come back and discover his skills have declined so much that he no longer will be an asset to the team. That isn't going to happen.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
mkapp said:
found this little bit on sportingnews:

Brett Favre - #4 - Quarterback - 6'2" - 224lbs
Mon Feb 14 2005 - There are no signs that the club is preparing for Favre's departure, and there have been indications that the veteran QB intends to return for a 15th season. Favre's biggest concern is that he will come back and discover his skills have declined so much that he no longer will be an asset to the team. That isn't going to happen.

Packers should have started looking for his replacement atleast one year ago probably two. I don't understand why the wait on this. Its evident the man can't last forever. Are they just trying to get as many wins now and when he's gone jus go full overhaul rebuild? I think that is a mistake if thats whats going on. We have a decent team we just need another QB to take over for brett and A defense. GB has had one of the best records over the last five years of any NFL team.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
GB has had one of the best records over the last five years of any NFL team.

GakkofNorway said:
I believe the Pats have a better record :)

Slap ur self with a wet noodle for making me quote myself!! :)

joking around there bro jus joking around

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I was curious so I checked NE and GB Season Record stats. Since 2000.

NE 5-11, 11-5, 9-7, 14-2, 14-2 = 53 - 27
GB 9-7, 12-4, 12-4, 10-6, 10-6 = 53 - 27

Go head check my math. I was in a rush and I gotta go now....

ldlehrer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love my Packers,but the NE Patroits have won 3 Super Bowls in the 21st century. We know how many the Packers have won. The Patroits are the 1st NFL dynasty of the 21st century.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They still have to learn how to match the Packers.....

Twice in the history of the NFL, the Packers have won THREE championships in a row.... TWICE!

They may have the Lombardi technique figured out for the new Century - but it's still his trademark way of handling players... with discipline, and no-nonsense!

No one else has won three "in-a-row" like the Pack! No one!

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would we have to have looked for Brett's replacement i mean we have Craig Nall. Now i know some of you guys dont like him but when he had to play he played.

But on the topic it should be a sign i mean if he plays and sees hes playing skills havent gone down he may stick around and still play the game at least 1 maybe 2 more years.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
NCPackerfan said:
Packers should have started looking for his replacement atleast one year ago probably two.

They did Slick, but that "Couch" turned out to be damaged goods.

If signing a unproven cry baby without giving him a physical is finding a replacement, boys we got BIGGER problems with the Packers than Brett retiring.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
If signing a unproven cry baby without giving him a physical is finding a replacement, boys we got BIGGER problems with the Packers than Brett retiring.
Well said

-- Remember people - THAT particular stunt will most likely never happen again..... Sherman is NOT in charge of that process any longer.

-- Ted Thompson has yet to prove himself inside Packer Fans thinking... but he has shown a great afinity while with the 'hawks... correct?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One other thing - I guess ESPN did send a crew down to Kiln to try and get an interview from just about anyone would stop and chat... they talked to his Mother, brother, etc.. and they all thought he will still play --- then I guess his Agent was on Milwaukee media and stated he had no clue yet as to what Brett will do.... and 'that' is something to pay attention to... his own Agent has no clue.....

The time will come very very soon - and then we'll know!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Gotta figure in as well Brett may have instructed his Agent to say he has no clue so Brett doesn't get reporters saying 'hey brett so its all over?' or 'hey brett glad ur coming back' know what i mean?

He decides to retire or stay, I'm very greatful I got to watch him for so many years.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slick - and the rest of ya - go take a look at the small glib of commentary by Mariucci on PackersNews, this morning..... you don't even have to have a login for this one...

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's more..... from his Agent....

Favre's agent in dark
Cook not sure about quarterback's future

from this article --- said:
Cook acknowledged that his famous client was experiencing no football-related health issues this off-season, enjoyed playing for coach Mike Sherman and liked Ted Thompson, the club's new general manager.

If Favre retires, the team would gain about $7 million in cap room. If Favre returns, the team could ask him to convert a $3 million roster bonus that is due next month into a signing bonus to improve their immediate salary-cap picture.

I would hope they don't mess with his contract arrangement - that's a kick in the face, if ya ask me....
He's given 13 years to the Team - there comes a time to leave it alone.

Members online

Latest posts