Fant or Hockenson?

Reaction score
He repped 17 times and ran a 4.7. Thats not first round stuff for a TE

Keep in mind that Rob Gronkowski ran a 4.68 time.
There’s really zero difference between s 4.7 and a 4.68. That can simply be coming out of the blocks, track form etc.. .02 in the 40 is inconsequential unless you’re like me in HS track and it takes you from a 2nd to 3rd place ribbon (true story)

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Hockenson's 3 cone, short shuttle, vertical, and broad are roughly 75th, 85th, 90th, and 91st percentile results.

He's a great athlete and a better football player.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he was 2nd fastest in the 20 yd shuttle and 3rd fastest in the 60 yd shuttle. I've never said he was the best combine athlete, but of this years TE's he's the best FOOTBALL player, and that's what we need. Every down FOOTBALL players.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4.70 is a speed that does not give today's faster LBs much trouble. You want at least low 4.6s. He's got relatively short arms and small hands, and his lifts were not impressive. He may have 1st. round techniques but mid-round measurables so far which makes the projection difficult. Let's see what he does with the rest of the measurables and drills.

Right. That Zach Ertz can't separate. Kelce (who ran a 4.6 at his pro day which is about the same as a 4.7 at the combine) struggles with that too. Gronk was never able to separate with his 4.7 40 either.

What a horrific take.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just ignore the ********.

I think we should start a "players I hope the Packers get/don't get just to **** Brandon off" thread.

Get, Hockenson
don't get Antonio Brown, Parris Campbell

It takes a lot to get on my ignore list but he is close.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very impressive performance from Fant. I like having a TE and field stretcher all in one, like we had with Cook. He seems to have the frame to become a solid blocker. I like Hock a lot , but Fant might have a higher ceiling in our offense.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very impressive performance from Fant. I like having a TE and field stretcher all in one, like we had with Cook. He seems to have the frame to become a solid blocker. I like Hock a lot , but Fant might have a higher ceiling in our offense.

Both are very good. Fant and Hock both tested like I thought they would...Fant tested like an elite athlete at the TE position, and Hock tested like a very good/near elite athlete at the TE position.

I think Hock is the better player. Better hands, better route running, better blocker, more versatile. I would be exceedingly happy with either one of them on our team.

As for other TE's...I would take Gentry, Kaden Smith, Isaac Nauta completely off the board. TE's that slow just don't succeed.

I think Kahale Waring, Jace Sternberger, Josh Oliver, Foster Moreau, and Irv Smith are all really good options too. Irv Smith will probably have to be a H-Back or something like Delanie Walker. If he was about 10 pounds heavier I'd been a lot better. I think Moreau is gonna be good, LSU has no idea how to utilize offensive weapons.

Phenomenal TE class.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Like him all you want. I don't care. You can make up all the excuses you want but when he ran his 40 it was very obvious he doesnt have a top gear which is what you want from a TE. Remember Jarrod Cook?

If you guys want to buy a Mack Truck with a 4 cylinder engine then go right ahead.

SUCKERS!

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like him all you want. I don't care. You can make up all the excuses you want but when he ran his 40 it was very obvious he doesnt have a top gear which is what you want from a TE. Remember Jarrod Cook?

If you guys want to buy a Mack Truck with a 4 cylinder engine then go right ahead.

SUCKERS!

Yes, I remember Jared Cook.

Remember Ed ****son? He ran a 4.40. 40 time doesn't mean that much for TE's. SS and 3-cone are way more important.

But hey, I've given you the chance (multiple times) to put your money where your mouth is. You just won't take it. Probably scared of losing a bet like you did last year...I never did pick an avatar for you btw, I should do that!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
He's going first round and getting drafted before Campbell.

I'd ask you to bet money on it, but we all know you're too scared to back up your but mouth.

Campbell went in there and ran and dropped the mic(4.31) Deion Sanders style. I'm pretty sure his time puts him in the 1st round. Before the combine I said under 4.35 puts him in 1st and I'm sticking by that.

Campbell is ELITE. Nothing about Hockenson is ElITE except his blocking.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Remember everybody, 40 times of the top TE's in the NFL are just excuses for Hockenson.

How about his 17 reps? How about the fact that he just looked part of the group in field drills. He didn't stick out from anybody.

Fant did and and is the only TE I have a 1st round grade on. Irv Smith isn't even as good as Howard. I see a lot of decent Te's but only Fant has a case to be an elite propsect.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yes, I remember Jared Cook.

Remember Ed ****son? He ran a 4.40. 40 time doesn't mean that much for TE's. SS and 3-cone are way more important.

But hey, I've given you the chance (multiple times) to put your money where your mouth is. You just won't take it. Probably scared of losing a bet like you did last year...I never did pick an avatar for you btw, I should do that!

How about his small hands and short arms?

This dude isn't elite and its laughable people talk 12th pick with him. I have nothing personal against him. Its just people have become delusional in regards to him.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Campbell went in there and ran and dropped the mic(4.31) Deion Sanders style. I'm pretty sure his time puts him in the 1st round. Before the combine I said under 4.35 puts him in 1st and I'm sticking by that.

Campbell is ELITE. Nothing about Hockenson is ElITE except his blocking.

Cool. Campbell and Hock both tested as expected. Don't count it twice.

I'll repeat myself. Hockenson will get drafted before Campbell. Wanna bet on it?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Just imagine a lot of all caps, tantrums, and inane ******** and you can basically fill in the gaps.

Whats ********?

His 40 time?

His 17 reps?

His short arms?

His small hands?

His lack of seperating himself from the other TE's in field drills?

Its all FACTS Dante like it or not. You guys are the biggest cry babies sometines. Geez.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Cool. Campbell and Hock both tested as expected. Don't count it twice.

I'll repeat myself. Hockenson will get drafted before Campbell. Wanna bet on it?

I wouldn't say that. Hockenson's second 40 time was approaching Richard Rodgers range. "LEAD FEET"

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that. Hockenson's second 40 time was approaching Richard Rodgers range. "LEAD FEET"

You gonna take the bet or not?

Btw, you still owe me an avatar bet from last year after Sutton didn't go first round.

Please make a picture of TJ Hockenson your avatar, unless you want to be a bet welcher.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whats ********?

His 40 time?

His 17 reps?

His short arms?

His small hands?

His lack of seperating himself from the other TE's in field drills?

Its all FACTS Dante like it or not. You guys are the biggest cry babies sometines. Geez.

Yes. Everybody is the crybaby. It's not you. Definitely not you.

You should come teach my 3 year old how to throw a fit. She'd be impressed.