Fant or Hockenson?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Cool. Campbell and Hock both tested as expected. Don't count it twice.

I'll repeat myself. Hockenson will get drafted before Campbell. Wanna bet on it?

Your interested in adding another guy with no top gear that does nothing for us. We should just roll Graham and Tonyan.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would I bet you when I smahed the over/under today with Campbell blowing away the 4.38. :cool:

P. CAMPBELL is $

I see. You're scared to lose to me again.

That's funny. Doesn't even have to be money, cause I know you'll never go for it. Heck, I'd settle for a verbal bets, bragging rights to the victor.

Hockenson will get drafted before Campbell, and Campbell won't go first round. Deal?

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fwiw Brandon, you called Charles Harris an elite athlete.

Hockenson had the same vertical, better 40, better 3-cone, far better short shuttle, far better 60 yard shuttle, and far better broad jump.

Compared to other TE's, he is 3 lbs shy of the average weight, an inch shy of average arm length, 1/3 of an inch shy of average hand size.

He's almost a tenth faster than the average TE, his vertical is 5.5" higher than the average TE, his broadjump is 9" further than the average TE, his 3-cone is a little more than a tenth faster than the average TE, his 20 yard shuttle is 2 tenths faster than the average TE, and his 60 yard shuttle is 4 tenths faster than the average TE.

He's a very good athlete. Far above average for a TE. His size is slightly, ever so slightly, below average. His athleticism though? That's not even up for debate. Far above average.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Fwiw Brandon, you called Charles Harris an elite athlete.

Hockenson had the same vertical, better 40, better 3-cone, far better short shuttle, far better 60 yard shuttle, and far better broad jump.

Compared to other TE's, he is 3 lbs shy of the average weight, an inch shy of average arm length, 1/3 of an inch shy of average hand size.

He's almost a tenth faster than the average TE, his vertical is 5.5" higher than the average TE, his broadjump is 9" further than the average TE, his 3-cone is a little more than a tenth faster than the average TE, his 20 yard shuttle is 2 tenths faster than the average TE, and his 60 yard shuttle is 4 tenths faster than the average TE.

He's a very good athlete. Far above average for a TE. His size is slightly, ever so slightly, below average. His athleticism though? That's not even up for debate. Far above average.

Your comparing him to "AVERAGE ATHLETE'S" because he doesn't stack up to "ELITE ATHELET'S. You know he isn't elite. He is a good all around football player. He isn't gonna come in and change anything. I would never take a TE that compares to AVERAGE ATHLETE'S that is a TE(which we dont need) in the 1st round. It's completely INSANE. Thank god it wont happen.

If we add Campbell we immediatly put 4.31 speed and an elite athlete in the slot. That sounds far more exciting to me.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I see. You're scared to lose to me again.

That's funny. Doesn't even have to be money, cause I know you'll never go for it. Heck, I'd settle for a verbal bets, bragging rights to the victor.

Hockenson will get drafted before Campbell, and Campbell won't go first round. Deal?

The reasson im not betting is not because I don't believe Campbell is 1st round talent. Its more that I dont trust the Packers front office to make the rignt moves yet.

Hopefully that changes this offseason.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your comparing him to "AVERAGE ATHLETE'S" because he doesn't stack up to "ELITE ATHELET'S. You know he isn't elite. He is a good all around football player. He isn't gonna come in and change anything. I would never take a TE that compares to AVERAGE ATHLETE'S that is a TE(which we dont need) in the 1st round. It's completely INSANE. Thank god it wont happen.

If we add Campbell we immediatly put 4.31 speed and an elite athlete in the slot. That sounds far more exciting to me.

Hey, I like Campbell. I think he's a guy we could definitely take at 44.

I just think Hock is a better football player. And btw, I was comparing him to the averages I had to look at. If you look at his composite testing scores, all of them, he tests as an elite athlete at the TE position.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reasson im not betting is not because I don't believe Campbell is 1st round talent. Its more that I dont trust the Packers front office to make the rignt moves yet.

Hopefully that changes this offseason.
The Packers are one of 32 teams. There are more teams drafting than just the Packers. ;)

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Hey, I like Campbell. I think he's a guy we could definitely take at 44.

I just think Hock is a better football player. And btw, I was comparing him to the averages I had to look at. If you look at his composite testing scores, all of them, he tests as an elite athlete at the TE position.

Campbell isn't making it to 44. Lol

H

HardRightEdge

Just ignore the ********.
Really? You take this that personally? You've got a problem, buddy.

Hockenson's jumping and shuttle were good. Solid second round.

It's not like the Packers will be drafting either Fant or Hockenson unless they cut Graham before March 17. You might as well chill unless and until that happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If by good, you mean elite, then yes.

Tell me more about how TE's need to run a low 4.6 to separate from LB's. Ertz, Gronk, and Kelce are quite mystified at that.

H

HardRightEdge

If by good, you mean elite, then yes.

Tell me more about how TE's need to run a low 4.6 to separate from LB's. Ertz, Gronk, and Kelce are quite mystified at that.
He's not Ertz, Gronk or Kelce, though. He's Hockenson. The point being, how many dozens of TEs over the last decade with underwhelming 40 times and other measurables didn't turn into elite TEs. Jerry Rice ran a 4.55 - 4.57. Should we not look askance at WRs who run that time?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

It's not like the Packers will be drafting either Fant or Hockenson unless they cut Graham before March 17. You might as well chill unless and until that happens.

Noooo. Not at all.

Obviously I don't see Hock the same way as you but that's not a problem. You and I were having a discussion.

Brandon is a ******** because he pitches giant tantrums when people disagree with him. I've tried to get past that for 2+ years and have found that all you can do is ignore him.

H

HardRightEdge

Noooo. Not at all.

Obviously I don't see Hock the same way as you but that's not a problem. You and I were having a discussion.

Brandon is a ******** because he pitches giant tantrums when people disagree with him. I've tried to get past that for 2+ years and have found that all you can do is ignore him.
OK, don't take the high ground, even if should be easy to do on matter that is likely to be a moot point.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
He's not Ertz, Gronk or Kelce, though. He's Hockenson. The point being, how many dozens of TEs over the last decade with underwhelming 40 times and other measurables didn't turn into elite TEs. Jerry Rice ran a 4.55 - 4.57. Should we not look askance at WRs who run that time?

But Hockenson's overall athletic profile is turning out to be very strong to match some of the best TE tape I've ever seen. Why restrict the assessment just to the 40? Especially when, apart from ruling out the outliers, the forty hasn't meant much to the position.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
OK, don't take the high ground, even if should be easy to do on matter that is likely to be a moot point.

Look-- I really like talking to you but I'm not looking for a lecture about the high ground regarding a poster that has made every disagreement I've ever had with him personal for basically 3 years.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Probably not, but I wouldn't take him at 30.

If you want speed at slot, Mecole Hardman is another good option.

That makes zero sense.

Campbel.l. 6' 205 32 1/4 arms 91/5 H
40 yard dash 4.31
Vert 40 inch
Broad. 135 inch

Hardman. 5'10 187 arms 30 1/4 9 H
40 yard. 4.34
Vert 36 inch
Broad. 119 inch

Campbell is almost 30 pounds bigger, taller, faster, more explosive with better wingspan and hands.

How can you even compare the two?

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You said TE's that don't run in the low 4.6's can't separate. You are wrong about that.

His shuttles have more to do with his separations skills than his 40 time.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
We need a starter in the slot more then a back up TE who isn't even elite. Its not rocket science.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That makes zero sense.

Campbel.l. 6' 205 32 1/4 arms 91/5 H
40 yard dash 4.31
Vert 40 inch
Broad. 135 inch

Hardman. 5'10 187 arms 30 1/4 9 H
40 yard. 4.34
Vert 36 inch
Broad. 119 inch

Campbell is almost 30 pounds bigger, taller, faster, more explosive with better wingspan and hands.

How can you even compare the two?

I wasn't comparing them.

I said Hardman would be another option as a good, speedy slot.

Parris Campbell isn't the only good slot prototype in the league, obviously.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Look-- I really like talking to you but I'm not looking for a lecture about the high ground regarding a poster that has made every disagreement I've ever had with him personal for basically 3 years.

That simply isn't true.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts