Faith in the 2012 Pack

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
While I do not think they are unbeatable, I do think they are a solid group who can go to the Super Bowl by simply playing turnover free football. As long as we avoid the red hot Seahawks then I am sold.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we can take it to the Seahawks. They have only been blowing out teams like the Cardinals, Bills, and a weakend 9ers team. 9ers also only looked so dominant against the Pats because they sat Randy Moss in front of game tape and picked his brain on the nuances of the New England Offence. Granted we would have to play a pretty solid game, but I think that the Hawks would have to also to beat us. People are not going to be sleeping on them anymore and that doesn't play into their favor. Heck we just put a 50 burger on a sub-par oponite just like they do. IMO it is 50-50 at this point on who would win.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem with the Seahawks is that when they play at home their DBs get away with murder. When they're away, they don't.

They have an awesome defense regardless, but I wouldn't be that worried about them playing us at Lambeau. If they go out and destroy the Rams next week, then I'll change my mind about that. 4 straight blow-outs would be hard to ignore.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
The problem with the Seahawks is that when they play at home their DBs get away with murder. When they're away, they don't.

They have an awesome defense regardless, but I wouldn't be that worried about them playing us at Lambeau. If they go out and destroy the Rams next week, then I'll change my mind about that. 4 straight blow-outs would be hard to ignore.
Rams will be at Century Link, doesn't count. 3 @ home, and an away against the Bills neither surprises nor convinces me of anything except how bad the Bills are.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Newhouse simply MUST step up. The man is a revolving door that affords Aaron NO protection from the left side. If he continues his ways Rodgers will be forced to throw the short pass every time and a good team could take that away from us like the Giants did.

Good Newhouse and we have a good shot. Regular Newhouse and we're one and done.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

Oh yeah, the Seahawks are a good team...and while I agree that their DB's are a grabby, bordering on dirty and, loudmouthed bunch...that is a good defense.

For me, it's not so much about having "faith" in a bunch of guys I really don't know ... I think that is more essential that the Pack don't get out-coached -- as is what happened in the first half of the Seattle game. That was then, this is now. The Seahawks now believe in themselves and the system they're operating in...they beat a 9'er team that pretty much shut the Pack down -- but again, that was then, this is now.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Newhouse simply MUST step up. The man is a revolving door that affords Aaron NO protection from the left side. If he continues his ways Rodgers will be forced to throw the short pass every time and a good team could take that away from us like the Giants did.

Good Newhouse and we have a good shot. Regular Newhouse and we're one and done.
Sad part is we can't give him help because we're tied up helping Barclay.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True Dat. If we do wind up facing the Niners again, Aldon Smith is going to crush Newhouse...
Russell Okung just neutralized him in Seattle.
Newhouse, sadly, is far from Okung. But Derek Sherrod could have been our Okung, had Newhouse not gotten Sherrod's leg snapped in 2 places.

It also takes a good LG and C to keep those Smith brothers, and blitzing LBers, from getting thru the middle on stunts.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Russell Okung just neutralized him in Seattle.
Newhouse, sadly, is far from Okung. But Derek Sherrod could have been our Okung, had Newhouse not gotten Sherrod's leg snapped in 2 places.

It also takes a good LG and C to keep those Smith brothers, and blitzing LBers, from getting thru the middle on stunts.
1 Smith down... for now...

Members online