Ex (and soon to be ex) Packers watch

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just so we don't bump individual threads....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Depending on what the Packers do with the remainder of FA, I think 3/30 should be good for a 4th round comp. pick.

Reminder: neither signing so far affects the calculation, as both were cuts rather than UFA's.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Graham may also net a later round comp. pick, which is surprising. I never thought that would happen.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Graham may also net a later round comp. pick, which is surprising. I never thought that would happen.

Green Bay released Graham, so I'm not sure a comp pick would be awarded.

I am surprised at how much the Bears were willing to pay for the 33-year-old's services....

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait, do cut players result in comp picks?

It all depends on other signings and player performance. I think we will be surprised at what some of these guys are going to get. I think Graham will have a poor season with Trubisky and not garner much in that dept.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

It all depends on other signings and player performance. I think we will be surprised at what some of these guys are going to get. I think Graham will have a poor season with Trubisky and not garner much in that dept.

Oh no, you're right. Graham not a part of the formula.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

they say performance is part of it, but in the past it does seem to be favored higher in the contract/money side of things when determining comp picks. But it's a super secret formula, so who knows exactly how it's determined.

H

HardRightEdge

History has shown that the predominant factor in assigning comp picks is the size of the free agent contract. Were Graham's departure actually eligible for a comp pick, his sucking with the Bears would likely have little affect if he took the requisite number of snaps. If he ended up on IR in training camp that might have an affect.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Bulaga has agreed to a five-year, $33.75 million deal, which equates to $6.75 million per season.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bulaga deal makes no sense to me...Castonzo gets $33M for two years and Bulaga basically the same for 5???

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spotrac has Bulaga's deal listed as 3 years for $30M that makes much more sense.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 years and 30 million. Will be interesting to see the guarantees. The Packers will get some nice comp picks for Martinez and Bulaga

Fackrell to the Giants for 1 year around 5 million

H

HardRightEdge

No lie, this is probably the main one in decent years i wasnt a fan of giving up on. Glad for him.
Yes, lie. ;) Biegel signed an original round restricted tender, around $2.1 mil for one year, maybe a little higher under the new CBA. I don't think anybody is going to offer him $9.5 mil while giving up a 4th. round pick to boot.

Members online

Latest posts