Ex (and soon to be ex) Packers watch

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, lie. ;) Biegel signed an original round restricted tender, around $2.1 mil for one year, maybe a little higher under the new CBA. I don't think anybody is going to offer him $9.5 mil while giving up a 4th. round pick to boot.

Oh I knew the amount was wrong, but I stand behind it. I was a stubborn supporter of him at times more than I probably should have.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's leaves me speechless. Some would say that's impossible. ;)

Well rereading I want to make it clear that I never believed he was going to be a STUD or starter even...but I'll say without a doubt I believed he could contribute more than Burks will ever. Hope I'm wrong but its where I am.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, lie. ;) Biegel signed an original round restricted tender, around $2.1 mil for one year, maybe a little higher under the new CBA. I don't think anybody is going to offer him $9.5 mil while giving up a 4th. round pick to boot.
Sorry about that. I thought I saw it on Rotoworld. My bad.

LoafInIowa

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the Patriots offense, he could become quite a fun little weapon for them to use. I always wondering why Green Bay never used him a little more. I know there is all sorts of personnel to catch the ball in Green Bay, but I really think Danny was underutilized by our offense & as a safety valve for # 12.
I don't think he was available enough. Seemed to get dinged up quite often.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was McCarthy or LeFleur every REALLY that big on FBs though? I mean in my opinion, the only HC we had that emphasized the FB was Mike Sherman in the days of William Henderson and Najeh Davenport.

I honestly never watched LeFleur in Tennessee, so I can't say if he emphasized that back then and McVay doesn't seem to either. Only Shannahan uses a FB regularly from what I've seen.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The offense run by Shanahan and LaFleur uses a FB pretty often compared to the rest of the league.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Juszczyk - 15 games 501 snaps, 284 yds from scrimmage, 2 TDs

Vitale - 17 games, 170 snaps, 100 yds from scrimmage

Without going into an extended exchange, I'll say the use of the word "often" here is subjective. But since I don't examine NFL offenses for their use of fullbacks I'll defer to your "expertise" on the matter.

The only thing I could possibly say is that perhaps Vitale is the better FB by examining this snapshot. Had Vitale been used in a similar manner he could have posted a 295 yds from scrimmage, 1 TD statline.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I doubt that Jerry Jones will have a lot of patience with MM blowing games, and no SB before he passes on to that big round up in the sky..

H

HardRightEdge

I honestly never watched LeFleur in Tennessee, so I can't say if he emphasized that back then and McVay doesn't seem to either. Only Shannahan uses a FB regularly from what I've seen.
LaFleur used an H-back in Tennessee, i.e., a guy designated on the roster sheet as a TE who lines up in the backfield in a fullback role. In fact, he used quite a few 3 TE sets with that guy in the backfield, and they ran the ball a lot. That strikes me as maximizing available personnel, something coaches worth a d*mn will do. You didn't see him force that approach into the Packer offense.

Whether you have a TE so designated on the roster whose primary role is blocking back (H-back) or a FB with the same primary role, is a matter of symantics when they are lined up in that spot. If you want to run those plays out of that formation, however few or many, you need one of those guys.

LaFluer tried Lewis there for a few snaps early last year and ditched the idea. I don't think Lewis ever played H-back before and his not taking to it like a fish to water is no surprise. Then Vitale got some play there until he banged up his knee. After that, they tried some snaps with Tonyan pulling into the hole from in-line. He didn't look half bad doing it but that's a slower developing deal that messes with timing, not optimal for short yardage.

There is no TE on this roster who you can point to for the H-back role. They're just not those kinds of players. Might LaFleur want to add an H-back or FB, free agent or in the draft? Given the fact he has plays for those formations, and did run them, I think that's a fair bet.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Juszczyk - 15 games 501 snaps, 284 yds from scrimmage, 2 TDs

Vitale - 17 games, 170 snaps, 100 yds from scrimmage

Without going into an extended exchange, I'll say the use of the word "often" here is subjective. But since I don't examine NFL offenses for their use of fullbacks I'll defer to your "expertise" on the matter.

The only thing I could possibly say is that perhaps Vitale is the better FB by examining this snapshot. Had Vitale been used in a similar manner he could have posted a 295 yds from scrimmage, 1 TD statline.

Your conclusion is that Vitale is better?

Juszczyk plays more because he's a really good player.

170 snaps is still a lot, relative to the rest of the league.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
LaFleur used an H-back in Tennessee, i.e., a guy designated on the roster sheet as a TE who lines up in the backfield in a fullback role. In fact, he used quite a few 3 TE sets with that guy in the backfield, and they ran the ball a lot. That strikes me as maximizing available personnel, something coaches worth a d*mn will do. You didn't see him force that approach into the Packer offense.

Whether you have a TE so designated on the roster whose primary role is blocking back (H-back) or a FB with the same primary role, is a matter of symantics when they are lined up in that spot. If you want to run those plays out of that formation, however few or many, you need one of those guys.

LaFluer tried Lewis there for a few snaps early last year and ditched the idea. I don't think Lewis ever played H-back before and his not taking to it like a fish to water is no surprise. Then Vitale got some play there until he banged up his knee. After that, they tried some snaps with Tonyan pulling into the hole from in-line. He didn't look half bad doing it but that's a slower developing deal that messes with timing, not optimal for short yardage.

There is no TE on this roster who you can point to for the H-back role. They're just not those kinds of players. Might LaFleur want to add an H-back or FB, free agent or in the draft? Given the fact he has plays for those formations, and did run them, I think that's a fair bet.

Dalton Keene of Va. Tech and Josiah Deguara of Cincinnati are two TE prospects in this class who would fit the mold.

H

HardRightEdge

Dalton Keene of Va. Tech and Josiah Deguara of Cincinnati are two TE prospects in this class who would fit the mold.
It's hard to tell from the highlight tapes since all they show is pass catches from in-line and slot. I'd say Deguara has the better look and build for a blocking FB/H-back and also looks decent catching the ball. Keene looks lanky/lengthy for the job, more an in-line/slot guy.

Deguara ran the ball once in his college career; Keene 11 times for 33 yards, all last season. That doesn't seem to be a LaFleur priority out of the position. If it were, there are a few big body featured running backs with some FB projections, but I'm not sure they run blocked in their lives.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It's hard to tell from the highlight tapes since all they show is pass catches from in-line and slot. I'd say Deguara has the better look and build for a blocking FB/H-back and also looks decent catching the ball. Keene looks lanky/lengthy for the job, more an in-line/slot guy.

Deguara ran the ball once in his college career; Keene 11 times for 33 yards, all last season. That doesn't seem to be a LaFleur priority out of the position. If it were, there are a few big body featured running backs with some FB projections, but I'm not sure they run blocked in their lives.

Keene spent a fair bit of time in the backfield.

Members online

Latest posts