Ex (and soon to be ex) Packers watch

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Allison looked like he was going to explode just 2 years ago. I never expected him to hit 1000+ yds in a season but had he been able to produce 400-575 yds and 5 TDs I'd have considered him a successful UDFA Signing.
you call that exploding?. By your own admission you “never expected him to hit 1000 yds per season... yet you thought he was going to “explode” up to a whopping 400-575 yds...... let’s just say i’m glad he is moving on.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you call that exploding?. By your own admission you “never expected him to hit 1000 yds per season... yet you thought he was going to “explode” up to a whopping 400-575 yds...... let’s just say i’m glad he is moving on.

That's right, I did not. But before his injury he was on pace for 76 receptions, 1,156 yards, and 8 TDs in 2018. That was the "explosion" I was referring to. At some point I expected him to come back to Earth a little bit but we'll never know now.

Just like any other injury, sometimes players need an extra year to fully recover, or sometimes they come back too soon. It could be one of those things, it could be none. He's a Lion now so I guess we'll see how his career will pan out in 2020.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just saw what BJ Goodson got, exact same overall deal we signed Funchess at $2.5 Million/1 Year

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was shocked to see that Fackrell's deal is the 13th most expensive contract handed out to any Free Agent this year on a one year deal. Granted some might like Funchess have incentives which could change this but still. Happy for Fackrell.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Wonder how many FAs are out there still will the potential to affect this estimation...

I doubt many and we still have Allison's deal to potentially offset such signing. As well as Vitale's.

Sounds funny, but if they sign Tramon Williams, his loss offsets his gain.

The second Tuesday after the draft marks the deadline for UFAs to factor into the compensatory pick formula.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt many and we still have Allison's deal to potentially offset such signing. As well as Vitale's.

The second Tuesday after the draft marks the deadline for UFAs to factor into the compensatory pick formula.

Was Flacco a cut or true FA? I'm just trying to think of contracts out there that could slide some of the comp picks down for folks. Tramon's I don't think will be large enough to be an issue but I could be wrong.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Was Flacco a cut or true FA? I'm just trying to think of contracts out there that could slide some of the comp picks down for folks. Tramon's I don't think will be large enough to be an issue but I could be wrong.

I could be wrong, but since Flacco was cut with a failed Physical and 2 years left on his contract, whatever happens to him won't factor into any teams comp picks.

I think if Tramon signs elsewhere, we could see another late comp pick because of it.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but since Flacco was cut with a failed Physical and 2 years left on his contract, whatever happens to him won't factor into any teams comp picks.

I think if Tramon signs elsewhere, we could see another late comp pick because of it.

Correct if Flacco was cut he doesn't count to the calculations, I couldn't remember the reason for his departure. I could see Tramon signing elsewhere possibly affecting it but who knows until we see it. I think the longer FA goes the more likely it is he signs with us late....and perhaps Gute and Co. know the market for him is not quite a large and will wait till after comps are influenced....while I doubt this to be the case, it could be a factor, but I know I'd bet money he waits till after the draft for a resign discussion with him. At least I know that'd be my plan.

D

Deleted member 6794

Gute should come out of Free Agency with Three 2021 Compensatory picks, a 4th rounder, 5th and 6th.

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

Awesome, unfortunately the team for next season hasn't improved in free agency so far though.

I could see Tramon signing elsewhere possibly affecting it but who knows until we see it. I think the longer FA goes the more likely it is he signs with us late....and perhaps Gute and Co. know the market for him is not quite a large and will wait till after comps are influenced....

A team re-signing one of its own free agents (like the Packers would do with Tramon) doesn't have an impact on the compensatory picks formula.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts