1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Everybody is talking about stopping Peterson but...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Obi1, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It seems that we have no real schemes to stop Peterson but to contain him.

Seeing as how Brett Favre's triple threat receiving corps has been kind of unstoppable in the recent weeks, I would think the Vikings have been losing sleep over how their 31st ranked pass defense is going to slow the Packer pass offense down.

In your opinion, which is tougher? Stopping a multi pronged passing game or a one man show of Adrian Peterson?

Afterall, there has to be a reason why the Vikings are 3-5 with the almighty "pete" and we are 7-1...

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    stopping the air attack is much harder..

have to worry bout the q/b and ALL the threats to catch the ball

3. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yah we have waaaaay more weapons,

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    I HOPE it is a blow out and ALL DAY sits on bench ALL DAY

5. dannychau22

dannychau22 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    how about an injury free victory :D

6. flep

flep Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Have the two de's line up slightly wider than normal forcing peterson inside straight into the arms of hawk and barnett.

He can't run inside.

I'll probably provoke a reply from vikesrule showing a video of peterson running between the tackles now..............

7. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good question, Obi. Single-threat offenses seldom generate good won-loss records. Much was made (and rightly so) about Childress getting away from Peterson in the second half of the last Packer-Viking matchup, but even though Peterson put up 108 yards in the first half, the Packers were still leading. Unfortunately for us, Peterson has gotten even better since the first time we saw him, and he HAS won a couple games almost single-handedly. But I would still put my money on the Packer offense to generate more points than the Peterson offense.

Here's an article about Peterson, by the way:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=683899

8. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    The combination of our passing and the Vikes stopping the pass is far more threatening then Peterson running it and our stopping the run.

Now that we show that we can go deep I would think we will be able to go back to controlling the ball and the clock like we did against KC. Not that we didn't go deep on them but we had the ball like eight more minutes. San Diego had multiple opportunities with receivers open and Rivers missed them leaving the door open in the second half for Peterson.

Your going to see a lot of Green and Gold guys open Sunday. The Vikes cannot stay with us.

9. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well said. I don't understand why the "experts" don't get this simple thing - a good passing game trumps a good running game.

NE is the best team in the NFL. I don't think we'll get much argument here. how good is their running game? It's pretty bad, but who cares? Nobody can stop their passing game.

10. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    thier running game is actually solid...when they run...... they pass alot, but maroney is solid

11. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Maroney sucks. He is f'ing over my fantasy football team with his ZERO touchdowns this year.