ESPNs 10 greatest NFL records

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is old. But interesting. I like that some of these records were considered unbreakable and we have seen them broken.

How should the list look today?

Personally I think Don Hutsons record of leading the league in TD catches 9x is pretty unbreakable. Or leading the league in TDs and INTs.

Duplicating Randy Mosses rookie season would be pretty hard to top.

Bradys ratio of TDs to INTs last season was insane.

Vicks 2006 season.

ESPN.com - Page2 - The List: 10 greatest NFL records

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
How old s that?

Anderson's 100% on Fg for a season

Johnny U 47 straight games with at least 1 TD pass

Are the two I dont think can be broken

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any passing record is in danger, except Unitas that's just ridiculous, it's a pass to win game now and I see almost all passing records being broken in the years to come.

Most career rushing records will be very tough to break imo, RB don't last past 30 now, no way career records will be broken like this. Single season or single game records are still in danger though.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Why this was not mentioned is beyond me. This is probably the most underrated thing from a quarterback and if Steve Young couldn't break this record I doubt anyone will

Randall Cunningham’s 1990 season is the greatest single season an NFL quarterback has ever had; and no one remembers or acknowledges it. 3,466 passing yards. 942 rushing yards. 35 total TDs. His stats read like a season straight out of Tecmo Super Bowl, a season too ridiculous to have ever actually occurred in the NFL.

Read more right here, seriously the best season a QB could dream of.

Cunningham