Adams

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Check out this snippet from an ESPN article

Now, the case for Adams.

In his last 16 games, playoffs included, Adams has 132 catches for 1,680 yards and 17 touchdowns.

With 10 catches for 121 yards and two touchdowns on Sunday, he matched Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Marvin Harrison and Jerry Rice as the only receivers in the Super Bowl era with 1,000 yards and 12 touchdowns in their first 10 games of the season. Remember, Adams missed two full games and half of another yet still ranks fourth in the NFL with 1,029 yards receiving and tied for the league lead with 13 touchdown catches.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd think it's safe to say he's rebounded nicely from his sophomore slump season.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Check out this snippet from an ESPN article

Now, the case for Adams.

In his last 16 games, playoffs included, Adams has 132 catches for 1,680 yards and 17 touchdowns.

With 10 catches for 121 yards and two touchdowns on Sunday, he matched Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Marvin Harrison and Jerry Rice as the only receivers in the Super Bowl era with 1,000 yards and 12 touchdowns in their first 10 games of the season. Remember, Adams missed two full games and half of another yet still ranks fourth in the NFL with 1,029 yards receiving and tied for the league lead with 13 touchdown catches.
Quite a group to be included in.

Reaction score
  1. I'm surprised to hear Adams is superior to Jody Nelson.
  2. Yes we need more receives like Adams because in the future
  3. these teams we play are going to figure out this marriage,
  4. between Rodgers and Adam's and shut him down.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Easier said than done........sure some day it will shut down, but more likely age will do it before other teams shut them down.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

See, another advantage of the forum - education. :) First of all, I love me some Jordy. Second, there's never a way to compare folks that makes everyone happy, but I thought per-game results of important categories is a good start. In general, Adams is slightly above the rate for Jordy, except in receptions, where Adams is the clear leader. Jordy always was a home-run hitter, and his average YPC is higher. I'm one of those who can't figure out how to post in columns, but you'll hopefully be able to follow this:

Player Games Rec Yrd YPR TD 1D

Nelson 139 550 7848 14.3 72 409

Adams 96 515 6223 12.1 57 308

Adams' % 71 94 79 79 75

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to go out on a limb here and just simply say that Sterling should be seeking to be a NFL HOF candidate. Terrell Davis is in and not Sterling? Devante is right in the mix for sure, too.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
According to the Packers website, Davante Adams is the first player in NFL history to have 90+ catches, 1,100+ yards, and 14 TDs in his team's first 13 games of a season.

....he's only played 11 games.

Insane.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If MVP wasn't reserved for QBs, ....

He’s elite, playing like the best wr in the nfl, but no where near as valuable to this team as Rodgers is. We’ve actually played really well without Adams in the lineup the past couple seasons.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams is playing at an insane clip for only having 11 games....he is trending to finish the year for the first time over 70% completion percentage in his career...and is above 75% to boot!

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score

I just read this too: "Aaron Rodgers threw three touchdown passes and ran in a fourth score. He now has 40 total touchdowns (38 passing, two rushing) with three games to go in 2020. He also had multiple touchdown passes and a passer rating over 100.0 for the 12th time in 13 games.

Davante Adams caught a touchdown pass for the eighth straight game, setting a new franchise record. He has also eight straight games with at least five catches and a touchdown, tying the NFL record."

The spoons that stir the pot for sure.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was probably one who got fed up with Adams. Seems like a very long time ago though.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is mind boggling how short sighted a ton of fans are with young skilled position guys. When you look at all the draftees/UDFAs added to rosters every year, the percentage of WR/TE/RBs that actually put up veteran level production is just almost non-existent and yet we see folks expect it time and time again.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember a few forum members here referring to Adams as "paddlehands", and wanting him cut and starting Janis in his place.

Seems pretty funny now.

I was one forum member who was very frustrated with Adams in 2015, although I never advocated cutting him. His sophomore year was nightmarish, but credit to the organization with sticking with him and to Adams himself for shaking off a bad year and turning into perhaps the best in the league.