EPL and British Football

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I thought RVP was too expensive for his club to keep him. Didn't I read that they wanted to use that money more efficiently?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Hes stated that he simply wants to leave, not much they can do about that really. Arsenal do though seem to have given up the ghost, and are now very conservative financially. Good thing, bad thing? not sure. Feeder club status for the ''crazed megarich big boys'' comes to mind. Changed days.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amy Macdonald and Alex Ferguson have very strong accents, as you know we are not all as difficult to understand as them.:confused:
I know, I know....but I really like their accents and it's a challenge for me and my english knowledge to understand them.;):D
Btw - Amy singing "Flower of Scotland" is impressive, great atmosphere, impossible in Germany !
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

And van Diver - I read Wenger wants to keep him but now City is also interested ? :eek:
Well, it's all about money and if it's true that van Persie did not join the trip to the Far East I think it's clear - he will leave Arsenal.
I am not sure, but isn't this the last year of his contract ? If so it's the only possibility to make some money before he will leave as a "free agent" next year.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I am not sure, but isn't this the last year of his contract ? If so it's the only possibility to make some money before he will leave as a "free agent" next year.

If its his final year and he obviously wants away its a no brainer, they should quite rightly sell him on and get a transfer fee. Too many clubs fall into the Bosman free agency trap.

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hes a badge kissing mercenary just like the rest of them, i dont really care where he goes. But Italy would be nice as i dont follow the Italian league lol
Hahah that's a good way to think about it, but I think too many stars are leaving the Prem as is. I would like him to stay around, would make some good drama!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Who's playing for the All Star Team, sounds intersting ?!

Btw, HSV-Barca today, Messi injured, he won't play :rolleyes:

They are normally quite good games Landon Donvan is playing, always rated him. Other than that i dont really know any of the other US based players they have. Apart form the usual suspects Henry, Beckham is in london with his silly Olympic torch.

Got a laugh when i read one of the headlines Chelsea return for "Grudge" match lol. I can see the Headlines if Chelsea lose "MLS World Champions!":roflmao: Apparently The MLS All stars won the last time they played, not too difficult really as Chelsea are still on holiday in these games anyway.

Bummer no Messi? jees, i wouldnt bother with it then. :eek:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are normally quite good games Landon Donvan is playing, always rated him. Other than that i dont really know any of the other US based players they have. Apart form the usual suspects Henry, Beckham is in london with his silly Olympic torch.

Got a laugh when i read one of the headlines Chelsea return for "Grudge" match lol. I can see the Headlines if Chelsea lose "MLS World Champions!":roflmao: Apparently The MLS All stars won the last time they played, not too difficult really as Chelsea are still on holiday in these games anyway.

Bummer no Messi? jees, i wouldnt bother with it then. :eek:

Oh, I thought Beckham is a fashion model, not a football player?! :rolleyes:
btw- it seems that nobody likes having the Olympic Games in London?
I read many articles that they are all afraid of chaos, and that even a breakdown of the Tube during the Olympic Games
is possible ? :eek:
Exciting weeks for London....;)
Seems that we will get some money back from Barca because of this.
As much I know we paid 1.5 m Euro for this game and without Messi they will pay back roundabout 400.000 Euro.
However, I didn't buy me a ticket because this is not Barca, without Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, who cares.....:rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Oh, I thought Beckham is a fashion model, not a football player?! :rolleyes:
btw- it seems that nobody likes having the Olympic Games in London?
I read many articles that they are all afraid of chaos, and that even a breakdown of the Tube during the Olympic Games
is possible ? :eek:
Exciting weeks for London....;)
Seems that we will get some money back from Barca because of this.
As much I know we paid 1.5 m Euro for this game and without Messi they will pay back roundabout 400.000 Euro.
However, I didn't buy me a ticket because this is not Barca, without Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, who cares.....:rolleyes:

Thats just norm for here, the Brits do Cynicism and Sarcasm very well. The doom merchants are all out saying its going to be a disaster, pouring rain all day long ha!, if Greece can do an Olympics anyone can. It will probly be ok not that im bothered though. Its all a big money making machine.:rolleyes:
This street art sums it up.

Good glad you didnt, thats a joke isnt it. They should play for hardly anything without them then.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats just norm for here, the Brits do Cynicism and Sarcasm very well. The doom merchants are all out saying its going to be a disaster, if Greece can do an Olympics anyone can. It will probly be ok not that im bothered though. Its all a big money making machine.:rolleyes:
This street art sums it up.
Good glad you didnt, thats a joke isnt it. They should play for hardly anything without them then.

Great picture, hits the nail on its head.:tup:
But isn't that weird that even the Tube recommends not to travel with them during the Olympic Games :D
Agree, somewhat disappointing, especially because it was our 125th anniversary game !:mad:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Great picture, hits the nail on its head.:tup:
But isn't that weird that even the Tube recommends not to travel with them during the Olympic Games :D
Agree, somewhat disappointing, especially because it was our 125th anniversary game !:mad:

Typically British, strikers gonna strike. Also the security firm in charge was as disaster, so they had to get the Army in. Shambolic.
Mmmmm that sucks, i wouldnt have gone for Barca anyway just because its Barca. Juve would have been better, your 1983 European Cup Final opponents. :)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Typically British, strikers gonna strike. Also the security firm in charge was as disaster, so they had to get the Army in. Shambolic.
Mmmmm that sucks, i wouldnt have gone for Barca anyway just because its Barca. Juve would have been better, your 1983 European Cup Final opponents. :)
Yepp, I agree.
But our incapable club management wanted to play against the "best" team worldwide
and what we got was Barcas Reserve Team :rolleyes:
Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Pique, Busquets, Valdano...they all didn't play.

Are there any interesting EPL news PackerFan71 ?
I read Henry wants to return to Arsenal, any transfers made by Chelsea ?
There are rumours in Hamburg that we are interested in Nigel Reo-Coker :confused:
What do you think of him ?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp, I agree.
But our incapable club management wanted to play against the "best" team worldwide
and what we got was Barcas Reserve Team :rolleyes:
Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Pique, Busquets, Valdano...they all didn't play.

Are there any interesting EPL news PackerFan71 ?
I read Henry wants to return to Arsenal, any transfers made by Chelsea ?
There are rumours in Hamburg that we are interested in Nigel Reo-Coker :confused:
What do you think of him ?

Idiots, the fans are not stupid they know the real deal.

Reo-Cocker is a decent enough Defensive midfield journeyman. not flashy but does his job.

CFC reducing the squads age these days. Oscar 20 year old Brazillian attacking midfielder £25m signed. He will have to bulk himself up a little in order to survive the Premiership Thugs.

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like how Chelsea are completely re-doing their roster. They have needed youth for years, and now they are finally getting it. We'll see how Oscar is, Hazard is a soon to be star, Marin has potential.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I like how Chelsea are completely re-doing their roster. They have needed youth for years, and now they are finally getting it. We'll see how Oscar is, Hazard is a soon to be star, Marin has potential.

Im all for young players it as long as the quality is good, and we keep on winning. However there is no point in change just for the sake of change, Wengers Arsenal are proof enough of that. Hes not *Crewe Alexandra's manager, although sometimes i wonder.

*Tiny lower league club

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im all for young players it as long as the quality is good, and we keep on winning. However there is no point in change just for the sake of change, Wengers Arsenal are proof enough of that. Hes not *Crewe Alexandra's manager, although sometimes i wonder.
*Tiny lower league club
Ha, I know all these clubs because of a Commodore C64 game I had in the 80's, an early football manager game.
Port Vale, Exeter City, Torquay....I still know them all, I loved this computer game :D
To be fair, I think Wenger did a very decent job with Arsenal so far though the real good time seem to be over.
But the football they played with Henry, Pires, Viera, Ljungberg e.g. was simply awesome.
And I think Wenger has the ability to develop and to improve talented players.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Ha, I know all these clubs because of a Commodore C64 game I had in the 80's, an early football manager game.
Port Vale, Exeter City, Torquay....I still know them all, I loved this computer game :D
To be fair, I think Wenger did a very decent job with Arsenal so far though the real good time seem to be over.
But the football they played with Henry, Pires, Viera, Ljungberg e.g. was simply awesome.
And I think Wenger has the ability to develop and to improve talented players.

Thats funny, i was similar only my Computer of choice was the ZX Spectrum. Many wasted hours plotting Gillingham and Bristol Citys world domination.:D

Without question he is a great coach, and he brings on and develops young talent. And he plays the game in the right way......as much as i dislike to say it. But he cant see the wood from the trees now, not holding onto the older mature players. Always selling them, impossible to win anything doing that.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Good to hear this.

The FA said in their statement: 'The Chelsea captain _________ has been charged by the Football Association with using abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour towards QPR defender Anton Ferdinand, the FA have confirmed. 'It is further alleged that this included a reference to the ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race of Ferdinand.' It would also place enormous pressure on Chelsea, where he has been skipper for more than eight years, and who have taken a hard line on racism among their own supporters.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good to hear this.

The FA said in their statement: 'The Chelsea captain _________ has been charged by the Football Association with using abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour towards QPR defender Anton Ferdinand, the FA have confirmed. 'It is further alleged that this included a reference to the ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race of Ferdinand.' It would also place enormous pressure on Chelsea, where he has been skipper for more than eight years, and who have taken a hard line on racism among their own supporters.

Who ever could it be?:D
Are there any official statements of Chelsea in this case ? What do they say ?
What do the majority of Chelsea fans think ?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Who ever could it be?:D
Are there any official statements of Chelsea in this case ? What do they say ?
What do the majority of Chelsea fans think ?

As you know i refuse to say his name it disgusts.

Nothing at all from CFC officials, complete hypocrisy, as they have rightly taken a hardline against racist supporters. So whats the difference when its one of the players? Lame. If they had any integrity he should have been suspended.

Most are behind him or are keeping quiet, im not.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
As you know i refuse to say his name it disgusts.

Nothing at all from CFC officials, complete hypocrisy, as they have rightly taken a hardline against racist supporters. So whats the difference when its one of the players? Lame. If they had any integrity he should have been suspended.

Most are behind him or are keeping quiet, im not.

Keep going, racism has no place in sports ! :tup:

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Andy Carroll to go on loan to West Ham....

I think it's a good move both for him and the Hammers. He'll get steady first team time in a very English system, and the Hammers get a decent CF. I hear he doesn't want to leave Anfield though.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I have to say as an Englishman, but not really a follower of any EPL team, (my old man never really forgave me for turning my back on his beloved Liverpool....lol), what annoys me about the English players is there apparent lack of interest and patriotism when playing at International level. I watch the American sportsmen, and I`ve been privaledged to visit Lambeau field, and the stand or stood with thier hands over thier hearts singing the national anthem with great pride, which is so obvious !! Give me American football and sportsmen anytime. IMHO

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
As much as i dislike Manchester United in Football terms and so many other ways, its appaling that they have owners such as the Glazers. They are sucking the Football Club like a cash cow, and now they are having a share issue and creaming more off the fans. If i was a Man U fan id either boycott the games or switch my support to FC United of Manchester.

http://www.scotsman.com/business/ma...hit-out-as-glazers-cash-in-on-float-1-2441444

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as i dislike Manchester United in Football terms and so many other ways, its appaling that they have owners such as the Glazers. They are sucking the Football Club like a cash cow, and now they are having a share issue and creaming more off the fans. If i was a Man U fan id either boycott the games or switch my support to FC United of Manchester.

http://www.scotsman.com/business/ma...hit-out-as-glazers-cash-in-on-float-1-2441444

They are investors and because of this they are not interested in reducing the debt, they want increase their return on investment. :rolleyes:
You and me, PackerFan71, have the same view on this, but I think most US fans propably can't understand why we are against investors like the Glazers because professional sport in the US is based on this system. (with one exception we all know ! ;) )
Could you imagine to move Chelsea from London to....let's say....Liverpool just because there could be a (better) market for a third team based in Liverpool ?
However - the EPL is a cash cow, the highest salaries are paid in the EPL, the clubs need fresh money and thats why all the Glazers, Hicks and Gillet, or NESV had the chance to takeover EPL-clubs.
All these example prove that we have to protect our 50+1 rule as long as we can ! :mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts