EPL and British Football

Nelsons County

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously the EPL is a lot more popular that NFL on this side of the pond, but I wondered if any of our American cousins took any interest in the EPL; and if so what your favourite team are and why?

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
I LOVE the EPL!!!!
Go Blues, Chelsea!!!! I went to stamford bridge 2 years ago on our visit to London. AMAZING!!!!! I've been a fan for along time my favorite Chelsea player (all time) is Gianfranco Zola! :tup:
Current faves: Cech, Torres, Drogba, Lamps, Terry

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice! Much respect to fans of smaller team ie: Norwich City, West Ham, Blackpool, Leeds United. etc. Here in the states you mostly see both Manchester teams, Chelsea, Liverpool, Aresenal jerseys. Once in a while I'll see someone with a Balckpool jersey or Southampton jersey and when I do, I stop them to say hello and tell them it's refreshing to see them representing their team. :tup:

KCPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Soccer (true football) is my first sport. I started supporting Everton about a decade ago and still do today.

Clint Dempsey became the first American with an EPL hat trick today. Good stuff.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Do you guys think Fernando Torres will ever find his form for the Blues?
Im a Chelsea Fan, Torres seems like a square peg in a round hole. At 50m hes found it really difficult to live up to the price tag, you never know one day he might come good, but dont hold your breath!

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chelsea 3 Man United 3

Ugh, talk about leaving the 3 pts on the table. 'Nando had a great cross that set up Mata for the Goal, but he had a clear opportunity to score but just over thought the shooting process. Oh well, let hope we catch Tottenham and at least finish top 3.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
At 3-0 i was amazed, but something told me their going to equalise one way or another. Sure enough..........id take Jose Mourinho back in an instant, but i doubt the Russian Billionaire is having any of that.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
At 3-0 i was amazed, but something told me their going to equalise one way or another. Sure enough..........id take Jose Mourinho back in an instant, but i doubt the Russian Billionaire is having any of that.

Yup, I had the same feeling. :rolleyes:

Yeah, having Jose back would be AWESOME! but like you, I don't see it happening either. AVB has done o.k. I guess, at times he does seem out of place in the EPL but given time I could see him doing GREAT things for the Blues.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Ouch a 2-0 defeat to Everton, oh dear AVB is way out of his depth it would seem.

packersflow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah been a Newcastle fan for about 5 years now, just can't get enough by far my favorite sport and the EPL my favorite league. Relegation was hard, it was shocking how many fans dropped us.. now they all crawl back as we approach euro...

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Ah been a Newcastle fan for about 5 years now, just can't get enough by far my favorite sport and the EPL my favorite league. Relegation was hard, it was shocking how many fans dropped us.. now they all crawl back as we approach euro...

Relegation didnt do you any harm at all, the fairweather fans come and go so forget them. I liked it better back in 82' when i started supporting the blues, no money no big players, rubbish stadium, getting a win was so much better then because it was unexpected most of the time.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
FC Bayern fan here. They face Chelsea in a couple weeks!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Should be a good Champions League Final, Bayern have homefield advantage and are clear favourites.
But Chelsea knocked out the mighty Barcelona, so you never know.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I guess both teams will be missing some good players too due to card situations.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
The yellow card ban devalues the whole thing for everyone. Having said that Chelsea might have more of a chance winning without John Terry, he had a nightmare the last time he played a German team.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see if Chelsea sticks with their long ball strategy against FCB. Right now I'm watching Bayern Munich vs. Stuttgart on the internet because no stations or PPV on my supplier broadcasts Bundesliga. The funny thing is it is a Spanish station I'm watching. So I'm in the US, watching German Soccer with a Spanish announcer. I feel so global....

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
The Blues did what they had to against Barca, ''Parking the Bus'' and counter attacking. It wasnt pretty but it worked. If we had opened up we'd have been destroyed by them, they are that good. You seem to know a bit about the beautiful game, good on you for taking an interest in it. Given the chance id watch Bundesliga games, something about them more technical than the Premiership. Can we have Robben back? we should never have let him go, great player.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
The Blues did what they had to against Barca, ''Parking the Bus'' and counter attacking. It wasnt pretty but it worked. If we had opened up we'd have been destroyed by them, they are that good. You seem to know a bit about the beautiful game, good on you for taking an interest in it. Given the chance id watch Bundesliga games, something about them more technical than the Premiership. Can we have Robben back? we should never have let him go, great player.

I coached a school team for a couple years: both championships. I also coached and referreed on what we call intramural leagues. Between the school and intramurals I had 7 championship teams. I taught them Bundesliga style. So it wasn't hard to beat teams who were taught US style footy.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I coached a school team for a couple years: both championships. I also coached and referreed on what we call intramural leagues. Between the school and intramurals I had 7 championship teams. I taught them Bundesliga style. So it wasn't hard to beat teams who were taught US style footy.

At the World Cup 2010 Germany played England and the Germans thrashed them 4-2, (ill even give them the disallowed goal)
Even though most of the English players were on triple the money of the Germans, it was quite clear who the better side was. I like the English Premier League, but at international level the UK teams are pretty poor.

Members online

Latest posts