EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he's going back to Atletico. Im happy with Morata instead of Lukaku by some distance.
Really ? I'd take Lukaku over Morata, but I'm a fan of Lukaku and his style of playing football. I like him. Its not a bold prediction to say that Lukaku will easily score 20+ goals with ManU, not sure if Morata will do the same. He certainly might be the better football player but not sure if he fits into the EPL. We will find out soon.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Really ? I'd take Lukaku over Morata, but I'm a fan of Lukaku and his style of playing football. I like him. Its not a bold prediction to say that Lukaku will easily score 20+ goals with ManU, not sure if Morata will do the same. He certainly might be the better football player but not sure if he fits into the EPL. We will find out soon.
Thats understandable nessie, but i remember him when he was at Chelsea and being really frustrated because he had all the things Drogba had except for that 2-5% extra to be one of the best strikers out there. I remain to be convinced by him. Morata is work in progress but he's young from what i have read more intelligent than Lukaku and he has scored goals at the highest level in Italy and Spain. I hope Conte can work his magic on him, as you said though time will tell about both players.

Last edited:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Surprising afternoon so far, Huddersfield leads 2-0 against Palace and Burnley 3-0 in front at Stamford Bridge :eek::cautious:

Gary Cahill sported himself a red card in the 14th minute. Burnley took advantage.

Good for Huddersfield and their German coach.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Would've been a second goal for Chelsea had Morata not touched it.
Looks as though it could well be another ''Mourinho'' season for Chelsea, only its not the ''average ones'' fault this time but the Board of directors for letting too many players leave and not having a big enough playing staff which is silly considering they won the Premiership last season. (Seen it coming) :rolleyes: However good luck to Burnley, they took their chances.

Last edited:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Looks as though it could well be another ''Mourinho'' season for Chelsea, only its not the ''average ones'' fault this time but the Board of directors for letting too many players leave and not having a big enough playing staff which is silly considering they won the Premiership last season. (Seen it coming) :rolleyes: However good luck to Burnley, they took their chances.

Well it got real exciting in the final 9 minutes. Temporary setback me thinks. 2 red cards is difficult for any team to overcome.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
The Premiere league seems to have a higher degree of unpredictability than other leagues. That makes it kind of exciting. Meanwhile, Rooney scores one while the man he replaced, Lukaku, scored twice. :whistling: But Rooney was a definite plus for Everton. You could see his experience in helping out against corner kicks. I subscribed to the digital version of Everton magazine and it includes the weekly programs, which adds fun to things. I can't imagine Bayern doesn't have something similar.

edit; I just found the Bayern Magazine. It isn't in my digital magazine service, but I may look into it.

Last edited:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Somebody should have yelled down to the officials at the match yesterday; "Hey Ref, you're missing a darn good match!" That was inconsistent card happy refereeing. It seemed like the official on the field should have been wearing coke bottle thick glasses. The first red card was incredibly harsh. The second half red card was a "make up" for the stupid first half card. He lost control of the match early on. Those two teams were playing each other very well. He should have let them play. It was a very good draw for Everton in one way and in another, disappointing. Man City could have put the match out of reach in the first twenty minutes if their finishes didn't keep skying 40 yards above the goal. At least Everton didn't lose 3-1 which is what some were predicting.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
After watching the Bournemouth/Man City thugfest, 10 yellow and 1 red, the Bayern match was absolutely serene. :roflmao:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Gosh, it's almost end of the first half of the match and I think I see Chelsea's goal keeper sitting down with tea and crumpets inside his box....

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Gosh, it's almost end of the first half of the match and I think I see Chelsea's goal keeper sitting down with tea and crumpets inside his box....
More tea Vicar? have faith, plenty time to go Croak. ;) From my point of view, looks like Morata has remembered he's a striker again. Spotted Duncan Ferguson on the Everton bench, (coach) still looks like he could play.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Well there is definitely a large gap in quality between the champions and my Toffees. :(
The Champions have of late under performed somewhat, but Everton have alot of good new players they will adjust in time. And they wont be playing Chelsea every week. ;)

Members online

Latest posts