EPL and British Football

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Congrats to Chelsea, a deserved Championship for the best team this season. :tup:
I will be a closer race next year because I expect a better City team and LFC might make another step forward.

Pfffffff. Everyone will be fearing the Magpies next season. We have DeAndre Yedlin. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a difference a season makes, last time players unwilling to play for a manager they did not like. This year playing well and the coach has everyone happy, he did a great job. Hate to say it but don't rule out Tottenham Nessie, they are so near to winning something all they need to do is be more clinical in front of goal.
You're right, I forgot the Spurs.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm reading the official Everton autobiography. Man, They do have a rich history similar to the Packers. And they started out from the presbyterians to boot. That's right up my alley!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I'm reading the official Everton autobiography. Man, They do have a rich history similar to the Packers. And they started out from the presbyterians to boot. That's right up my alley!

What is this monster we have created ?? :laugh:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I like what I see. The Toffees are spending good money and bringing in good talent. Let's hope it translates into a top 5 spot!

Fozastuta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like what I see. The Toffees are spending good money and bringing in good talent. Let's hope it translates into a top 5 spot!

I'm a Blue, Season ticket in the Top Balcony.

Its rare, well in my lifetime anyhow, to see us do business early. Moshiri is not messing about.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Now Everton has signed a deal with a Chinese firm guaranteeing 60 million pounds in the coffers. Wow! Let's hope they can actually use this to produce entertaining football, rather than a bunch of expensive selfish players.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Now Everton has signed a deal with a Chinese firm guaranteeing 60 million pounds in the coffers. Wow! Let's hope they can actually use this to produce entertaining football, rather than a bunch of expensive selfish players.
Looks like Lukaku could well be sold to Manure for an absolute fortune. In a way im glad he's going there and not Chelsea because he aint worth that kind of money.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
£75m+ good luck to Everton though, they made £50m on the deal. Thats whats no doubt financing Wayne Rooneys wages. :D

Everton is going to use those funds to pay Wayne Rooney??? Asinine. They should invest on someone much younger.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Everton is going to use those funds to pay Wayne Rooney??? Asinine. They should invest on someone much younger.
Either the owners or that will foot the bill, your right, he's their prodigal son on the return. He might do ok for them but as you said not a long term option.

Edit : just found out Everton have spent £95m+ on players. :eek:

Last edited:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Either the owners or that will foot the bill, your right, he's their prodigal son on the return. He might do ok for them but as you said not a long term option.

Edit : just found out Everton have spent £95m+ on players. :eek:

Yes, I think last years debacle of having key players signed right out from under them at the last moment caused a change of direction in how they do business. This year they jumped into the fray early before other clubs could snatch guys away from them.

I see the Rooney signing as a kind of fan closure and an appropriate ending for his career. Everyone knows he is on his last legs. If he has one year or maybe two left in him, he'll be a hit with the fans; and fans bring in revenue.

As far as the 95 million;They got some decent future out of the number of players they got. Heck, Man U spent almost that much on just one player.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yes, I think last years debacle of having key players signed right out from under them at the last moment caused a change of direction in how they do business. This year they jumped into the fray early before other clubs could snatch guys away from them.

I see the Rooney signing as a kind of fan closure and an appropriate ending for his career. Everyone knows he is on his last legs. If he has one year or maybe two left in him, he'll be a hit with the fans; and fans bring in revenue.

As far as the 95 million;They got some decent future out of the number of players they got. Heck, Man U spent almost that much on just one player.
When the going rate for a top level player is £3om it mounts up. Everton seem to be speculating to accumulate hopefully it works well for them. Manure are on a totally different level, they spent that amount on one player that they released a few years before. :eek::D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
When the going rate for a top level player is £3om it mounts up. Everton seem to be speculating to accumulate hopefully it works well for them. Manure are on a totally different level, they spent that amount on one player that they released a few years before. :eek::D

Definitely. Buying a bunch of good players doesn't always add up to a good team, as we all know. I hope it gets Everton up into CL contention for a couple of years. Regardless of the team Motto (nils statis nisi optimum), I would be happy to see Everton in the top 5.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Definitely. Buying a bunch of good players doesn't always add up to a good team, as we all know. I hope it gets Everton up into CL contention for a couple of years. Regardless of the team Motto (nils statis nisi optimum), I would be happy to see Everton in the top 5.
That would be a huge leap for them, but anythings possible in football.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
O.K., he's going to replace Costa, will be interesting to see where he will land.
I think China isn't possible anymore, their transfer window closes on Friday if I'm not wrong ?
I think he's going back to Atletico. Im happy with Morata instead of Lukaku by some distance.

Members online

Latest posts