EPL and British Football

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Stoke City put in a 20 million bid for Christian Pulisic. :eek:

Dortmund are stupid if they squander him. Why they spent so much money on transfers in the midfield instead of just putting him in I really don't understand. He clearly is good enough.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Yeah, they have. But against Man U it looked all the world like they were content to pull a draw.

Considering they are a newly promoted team without a coach yet still, I think they played it correct considering the strength of Man U. They came up a few minutes short. I would've played it the same.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair points to Hull City...With all their off-field problems, it was the right strategy. Davies was immense and despite the goals, United's offence is not as smooth as it could be. Martial is misfiring, Rooney/Zlatan combo ain't really clicking well and with Fellaini's injury adds to their woes.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
NBC Sports said the Perez deal for 22 million by Wenger was a panic move. Perhaps that answers my question.
And paying 41m Euros for Mustafi seems to be another panic move. Mustafi is a solid, mediocre player but no way 41m Euros worth. And today PSG is has placed a 75m offer for Draxler. It's obscene. :rolleyes:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Looks like Everton won't get a striker within the transfer time frame. Arsenal snatched up Perez after Everton had agreed to terms, now Napoli is dragging their feet on Gabbiadini and the front office at Goodison is tired of it. This is a good example of the need to have strong developmental teams like Bayern does.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And paying 41m Euros for Mustafi seems to be another panic move. Mustafi is a solid, mediocre player but no way 41m Euros worth. And today PSG is has placed a 75m offer for Draxler. It's obscene. :rolleyes:

Isn't Draxler rated? Under Wenger, he'd turn into a new Walcott!

Wenger's transfer strategy has been abysmal for past few years or so.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't Draxler rated? Under Wenger, he'd turn into a new Walcott!

Wenger's transfer strategy has been abysmal for past few years or so.
You mean if Draxler wants to see his career going south he should have moved to Arsenal ? :cautious::D
Wenger has indeed made strange transfers in the past few years, when did Arsenal won their last title or championship ? :rolleyes:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
You mean if Draxler wants to see his career going south he should have moved to Arsenal ? :cautious::D
Wenger has indeed made strange transfers in the past few years, when did Arsenal won their last title or championship ? :rolleyes:

If the FA Cup counts...

2013-2014 champs
2014-2015 champs

Otherwise, it's been a long, long time.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Better than nothing, wasn't aware of this. Just looked it up - 03/04 was the last time they won the EPL, thats indeed a long time ago ;)

I personally don't put a lot of stock on the FA Cup, but some people do. A matter of opinion.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
When you guys told me I would like to follow Everton because they have a history similar to the Packers, I found that they do, and I like that. But you didn't tell me the front office was inept! :mad: But I'll stick with them, because I really do like the similarities between them and the Pack.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
When you guys told me I would like to follow Everton because they have a history similar to the Packers, I found that they do, and I like that. But you didn't tell me the front office was inept! :mad: But I'll stick with them, because I really do like the similarities between them and the Pack.
Indeed, they played good football in the past in the shadow shadow of a bigger flashier neighbour (ring a bell?) had an amazing team that should have won a European Cup in the mid 80s, then for the most part have been in the wilderness ever since. The glory hunters avoid Everton.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts