EPL and British Football

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Sissouko left the Toffees standing at the altar because he wanted to play with the Spurs in the Champions League?? :confused: How far does he honestly think they will go? If they get past Leverkusen and Monaco, does he honestly think they can contend with the powerhouses? That fellow is in for a real rude awakening.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Sissouko left the Toffees standing at the altar because he wanted to play with the Spurs in the Champions League?? :confused: How far does he honestly think they will go? If they get past Leverkusen and Monaco, does he honestly think they can contend with the powerhouses? That fellow is in for a real rude awakening.

You don`t need players like that.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
He's just another mercenary like many others, looking out for himself. Its the default setting for them, rest assured he has no care for Spurs or Newcastle United either.

Last edited:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you guys told me I would like to follow Everton because they have a history similar to the Packers, I found that they do, and I like that.

Vice Versa for me. Fergie inspired me to support the Packers! :D

Sir Alex Ferguson said:
All coaches see half of themselves in Vince Lombardi. He is committed to the best, a driven man, in terms of simple motivation.”

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm really starting to get into the swing of EPL. It's now starting to get more interesting as I learn more of the teams, personalities, conflicts, rivalries and such. There is a lot to EPL that is behind the scenes.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I'm really starting to get into the swing of EPL. It's now starting to get more interesting as I learn more of the teams, personalities, conflicts, rivalries and such. There is a lot to EPL that is behind the scenes.

Mainly Oil and Sheiks. :mad::mad::mad:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Ofc, he his stint with Aberdeen and Scotland with Jock Stein are as brilliant his United stint.
Not sure what you mean, however winning a major European trophy against the Mighty Real Madrid whilst at a small provincial Scottish club like Aberdeen then the following season taking them to the brink of the final again.....if people think thats of no importance in such a short time period compared to what he did later then they live in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

Last edited:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean, however winning a major European trophy against the Mighty Real Madrid whilst at a small provincial Scottish club like Aberdeen then the following season taking them to the brink of the final again.....if people think thats of no importance in such a short time period compared to what he did later then they live in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

Dude, I've been a United (and Fergie) fan for about 20 years now.

Unless one is a scouser, I fail to see anyone not rating Fergie's Scotland stint.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
With the last minute release of Sitton, the points of comparison between Everton and Green Bay are getting spooky. :eek:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Hmmm.

A 1:0 victory in the 90 +5' (last minute) of the game with having a man advantage for 38 minutes wasn't so impressive. And Jamie Vardy doesn't even play? Not so sure what Allardyce is doing.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
heyyyyy, less of the small and provincial please :roflmao:

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I left that in just for yersel, coz i was gettin a little over complimentary about Gothenburg 83'' dont ya think. :D
actually sir, I quite agree with you. for fergie to win the cup winners cup, and super cup(remember, the dons are the only scottish team with two euro trophies), was a phenominal achievement considering the size of aberdeen compared to some of the teams we played in that competition, and it's not something that has been repeated to my knowledge, to such a degree of an upset.

in some ways i'm glad i'm not old enough to remember those days, i was only 3 then, as a lot of dons fans still think we can achieve the same feats as we did under fergie. i am however old enough to remember Aberdeen as regular challengers and winners of the odd trophy. my first proper football memory is watching the 1990 scottish cup final on tv and Brian Irvine scored the winner to finish 9-8 on penalties after Anton Rogan missed his.

i'm also quite lucky that both cup finals i've been to we've won, just sayin

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts