EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not go as far as saying hes the best in the World, hes a good player but over-rated the money they payed to resign him is beyond crazy. The players at ManUre knew however at the time it was a mistake to let him leave, Sir Alex didn't always make the right call.
In fact it's a 120m mistake and shows how crazy this market has become. The EPL seems to be flooded with money at the moment but this bubble must burst one day. Fully agree that Pogba is by far overrated. If he's worth 120m, what are they going to pay for Messi ? 250m ?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
In fact it's a 120m mistake and shows how crazy this market has become. The EPL seems to be flooded with money at the moment but this bubble must burst one day. Fully agree that Pogba is by far overrated. If he's worth 120m, what are they going to pay for Messi? 250m ?
I did hear that Graziano Pelle who played for Southampton last year and moved to a Chinese club is on a huge wage, similar to Messi's. :eek::confused::speechless:

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can sign up here.

Step 1: https://fantasy.premierleague.com/ (just need an email address to sign up or Facebook too)

Step 2: Select your team. You have $100 million cap to play with and each player is assigned a value. You must make a team before you can join a league. Don't worry too much about selecting the perfect team before joining the Pitch Howlers League as you can change your team as many times as you want before GameWeek 1.

Step 3: Once your preliminary team is selected then you can join Pitch Howlers League. The code to join Pitch Howlers is 1474835-363071.

Step 4. Rearrange your team as you want. Select a captain and read the rules about scoring... how to transfer players weekly... and such. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. If you join the league and have Facebook, friend Pitch Howlers so you will receive all weekly updates and goodies.
i have joined the league, don't expect much action from me though as i tend to do it properly for a couple of weeks then forget about it, shame there's a rangers fan in the league

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
i have joined the league, don't expect much action from me though as i tend to do it properly for a couple of weeks then forget about it, shame there's a rangers fan in the league

Well that would be your Scottish brethren. But I don't think he is a Rangers fan first and foremost (probably Chelski)... although I could be wrong.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah thats me and by the way, welcome to Pitch Howlers but leave some sheep for the Butchers. :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did hear that Graziano Pelle who played for Southampton last year and moved to a Chinese club is on a huge wage, similar to Messi's. :eek::confused::speechless:
Yeah, China is the place to go if you only have left a couple years to play and if you want to make some money despite of playing in a meaningless league.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Btw - Pitch

Yeah, China is the place to go if you only have left a couple years to play and if you want to make some money despite of playing in a meaningless league.:rolleyes:
Higuaín the Argentine player was given the chance of a mega deal there but declined and chose Juve instead. Cant blame him he wanted to stay in a competitive league and its not as though he needs the extra money.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Btw - Pitch

Almost everyone who goes to China to play football instantly regrets it.

Ask Drogba, Demba Ba, Papiss Cisse, Ujah.... and a host of others. Especially if they are Muslim, they won't like the food options over there. And that's not a racist comment, I just know how hard it is for Muslims to find appropriate food for them. I've spoke with someone who is Muslim about it.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Almost everyone who goes to China to play football instantly regrets it.

Ask Drogba, Demba Ba, Papiss Cisse, Ujah.... and a host of others. Especially if they are Muslim, they won't like the food options over there. And that's not a racist comment, I just know how hard it is for Muslims to find appropriate food for them. I've spoke with someone who is Muslim about it.
Ujah just moved to China, don't know if he already regrets it but what I know is that he's only 25 and he obviously chose money instead of having a career and playing in a competitive league. :rolleyes:
Regarding the food - isn't chicken O.K. for muslims ? I thought so ? There are so many Asian/Chinese dishes with chicken. And if they're playing in Shanghai or Bejing for example I assume they can get everything they want.
But regardless of finding appropriate food - to me China shouldn't be an option for a young and ambitious player.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Ujah just moved to China, don't know if he already regrets it but what I know is that he's only 25 and he obviously chose money instead of having a career and playing in a competitive league. :rolleyes:
Regarding the food - isn't chicken O.K. for muslims ? I thought so ? There are so many Asian/Chinese dishes with chicken. And if they're playing in Shanghai or Bejing for example I assume they can get everything they want.
But regardless of finding appropriate food - to me China shouldn't be an option for a young and ambitious player.

Plenty of chicken there, that's not the problem. Chinese food is cooked with a lot stock (juice from pork, beef juices)... so the chicken could have some pork juice in it while cooking, creating a big problem.

I think Ujah will be running back to the Bundesliga in no time.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Title holders Leicester go down to Hull in the opener. Quite an exciting game.

Hull City Tigers to win the league!!!!

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Couldnt watch, Sky lost the EPL rights :(

Scheisse Nessie. No streams?

I noticed that in Germany it's hard to watch English Football. No one shows it. At least in the USA we can watch many different leagues. EPL, Bundesliga, La Ligua, Serie A, and some French League games too.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Scheisse Nessie. No streams?

I noticed that in Germany it's hard to watch English Football. No one shows it. At least in the USA we can watch many different leagues. EPL, Bundesliga, La Ligua, Serie A, and some French League games too.
Ja, grosser Mist. But Sky still wants the same money, ridiculous.
However - these guys have the rights now, but that would mean to pay another 10 Euros per month.:rolleyes:
https://www.dazn.com/de-DE

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ja, grosser Mist. But Sky still wants the same money, ridiculous.
However - these guys have the rights now, but that would mean to pay another 10 Euros per month.:rolleyes:
https://www.dazn.com/de-DE
not sure if i'm quite allowed to say this, but buy an amazon firestick(or something similar) then download Kodi on it then sportsdevil, and you can get pretty much any game on that. i've done it, the quality isn't exactly HD or SD for that, but it's watchable

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
not sure if i'm quite allowed to say this, but buy an amazon firestick(or something similar) then download Kodi on it then sportsdevil, and you can get pretty much any game on that. i've done it, the quality isn't exactly HD or SD for that, but it's watchable
Might be worth a try :tup::)
Really need so save some money that I'm spending for watching TV or sports.
I'm already paying for cable TV, Sky, Netflix and for the public service broadcasting. :rolleyes:
That's too much.....

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England

Yeah, not sure where this board stands on this, so if anything taboo is in this post, feel free to remove it. But, I use Kodi, and i use a paid addon (works out at £17 p/m), and it gives me all UK TV (sports, movies & PPV too), Some USA including NBCSN and NFL feeds. Also some other countries sports channels, Portuguese, Scandinavian etc.

Just putting it out there, if anyone wants more information, drop me a PM.

Bridcarper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just having a glass of red and chillin before the United vs Southampton match tonight. Pogba to start? Hope so. Excited for the first time since Sir Alex retired. Jose is the man ego should have replaced him back then, but he's here now. Just need to get rid of fat boy Rooney and get Rashford alongside Ibra and we will be unstoppable.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just having a glass of red and chillin before the United vs Southampton match tonight. Pogba to start? Hope so. Excited for the first time since Sir Alex retired. Jose is the man ego should have replaced him back then, but he's here now. Just need to get rid of fat boy Rooney and get Rashford alongside Ibra and we will be unstoppable.
And Zlatan is nothing but legend.
I love this guy!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Yeah, not sure where this board stands on this, so if anything taboo is in this post, feel free to remove it. But, I use Kodi, and i use a paid addon (works out at £17 p/m), and it gives me all UK TV (sports, movies & PPV too), Some USA including NBCSN and NFL feeds. Also some other countries sports channels, Portuguese, Scandinavian etc.

Just putting it out there, if anyone wants more information, drop me a PM.
As long as you don't post links for live feeds or use the board for a bunch of sales pitches, you are ok.