EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah... but do you guys say that to their face in an aggressive manner? Because that's what we usually get.
Some do but of course usually not. And to be honest, some may think that the USA does not belong to the top teams worldwide and there might be reasons for this opinion but I've never noticed any aggressive behaviour against the US team or their fans.:eek:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Some do but of course usually not. And to be honest, some may think that the USA does not belong to the top teams worldwide and there might be reasons for this opinion but I've never noticed any aggressive behaviour against the US team or their fans.:eek:

You won't notice it there in Germany. But the diatribe and trope gets old. It's why I always have to be defending myself. Some of the hate we get is from Americans too who think soccer is a stupid, non-important game. So I always have to defend myself against foreigners and Americans. Gets old.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
You won't notice it there in Germany. But the diatribe and trope gets old. It's why I always have to be defending myself. Some of the hate we get is from Americans too who think soccer is a stupid, non-important game. So I always have to defend myself against foreigners and Americans. Gets old.
I love Packers and football but we all know soccer(football) is still the most loved and most important game worldwide.
Doesnt matter what other people might say, as soccer is getting more and more popular in the US it might be only a question of time when it will be the No 1 sports in the US too ;)

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I love Packers and football but we all know soccer(football) is still the most loved and most important game worldwide.
Doesnt matter what other people might say, as soccer is getting more and more popular in the US it might be only a question of time when it will be the No 1 sports in the US too ;)

Especially since a recent survey showed something like 70% of mothers don't think kids should play tackle football until around age 14.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I THOUGHT that the German/Dutch things was historically lightweight humor ? I never thought it was real. My apologies.
It is nowadays and as you wrote - most of us here and most football fans are just having a banter.
But I remember times when they damaged the car of my grandpa when they were on vacation in the Netherlands during World Cup.
But away games at Feynoord for example are still high-risk games. It's getting very aggressive there. But it's definitely the exception.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sam Allardyce will be offered the England Mangers Job.........:eek::D
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36850753

Key facts & figures
  • Allardyce has never won a major trophy as a manager
  • He has a 33.6% Premier League career win percentage
  • Sunderland's average possession last season was 39.94%
  • 21% of their passes were 'long', compared with 14.4% at Eddie Howe's Bournemouth
  • Sunderland were seven points adrift of safety at the start of January - but lost just one of final 11 games to escape relegation
sad to see him go as i think he would have given us some mid-table mediocrity, which would be fine after the last few seasons

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
A lot has happened in 12 years. :D

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ibrahimovic may change teams faster than a Spaniard falls who's been touched, but he sure knows how to be in the right place at the right time.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ibrahimovic may change teams faster than a Spaniard falls who's been touched, but he sure knows how to be in the right place at the right time.
He's an extraordinary person and a world class football player. I like him, should get me a Sweden shirt with his name on it.
Ans the Volvo commercials with him are outstanding too :)

Steve Hale

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I THOUGHT that the German/Dutch things was historically lightweight humor ? I never thought it was real. My apologies.
I used to live in Amsterdam back in the early 80's. If there was a German registration plate on a car it usually had a brick through the back window. Thankfully I don't think it's as aggressive nowadays.

Steve Hale

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for my teams. I'm a Norwich City fan , just relegated from the premier league last year. Also like Ajax from my time living in Amsterdam. Also enjoy nipping over to Dortmund for a game a season, such a better atmosphere in Germany than there is in the premier league theses days.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Btw, anyone here interested in joining the EPL Fantasy League "Pitch Howlers" ?
If so please contact @Bundesbiers , our commissioner.... ;)

You can sign up here.

Step 1: https://fantasy.premierleague.com/ (just need an email address to sign up or Facebook too)

Step 2: Select your team. You have $100 million cap to play with and each player is assigned a value. You must make a team before you can join a league. Don't worry too much about selecting the perfect team before joining the Pitch Howlers League as you can change your team as many times as you want before GameWeek 1.

Step 3: Once your preliminary team is selected then you can join Pitch Howlers League. The code to join Pitch Howlers is 1474835-363071.

Step 4. Rearrange your team as you want. Select a captain and read the rules about scoring... how to transfer players weekly... and such. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. If you join the league and have Facebook, friend Pitch Howlers so you will receive all weekly updates and goodies.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
One of probably a thousand articles on the Pogba signing. This deal has me really scratching my head. I thought he was a good player, but Man U offering that money says they think he is the best player in the world. http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/t...ba-has-everyone-lost-their-minds?ICID=HP_HN_1
I would not go as far as saying hes the best in the World, hes a good player but over-rated the money they payed to resign him is beyond crazy. The players at ManUre knew however at the time it was a mistake to let him leave, Sir Alex didn't always make the right call.

Members online

Latest posts