EPL and British Football

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
I was wondering how the Swans ended up in the Northern Conference and the Birmingham area teams, and particularly Leicester, in the South.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
You know that system is just so silly I can see the FA adopting it at some point, just to please the radicals at SKY and their wads of lucre. That along with a four month season played in the winter. As long as flatcaps, bovril, hobnail boots, scotch pies, and rattles are all the norms in US stadiums we can see some room for negotiation. ;)

That was pretty funny. When you say Scotch pies, are you talking about meat pies that the Men In Blazers eat at the end of each show?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
That was pretty funny. When you say Scotch pies, are you talking about meat pies that the Men In Blazers eat at the end of each show?
Thats them, as i typed it i knew youd pick up on that. :D

Edit : He was not perfect and Gary Lineker thinks Messi is the best i think his views are clouded by an event in a game eons ago, so what it was the refs fault for allowing the first goal in 86. Messi is good but not in Diego's league.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Thats them, as i typed it i knew youd pick up on that. :D

Edit : He was not perfect and Gary Lineker thinks Messi is the best i think his views are clouded by an event in a game eons ago, so what it was the refs fault for allowing the first goal in 86. Messi is good but not in Diego's league.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Speaking personally, I'd love to have a minced mutton or steak pie at a football match. Would kinda break up the typical hot dog or hamburger options.

As far the video, sometimes it still amazes me how short and pudgy Diego was, but his feet were so quick that it didn't matter. He just had amazing foot, accuracy and distance skills.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Speaking personally, I'd love to have a minced mutton or steak pie at a football match. Would kinda break up the typical hot dog or hamburger options.

As far the video, sometimes it still amazes me how short and pudgy Diego was, but his feet were so quick that it didn't matter. He just had amazing foot, accuracy and distance skills.
He was almost dwarflike with a low centre of gravity impossible to knock him off the ball without fouling him, he must really have been a nightmare to play against. If he was playing today he would be the best player on the planet, and the transfer record would have been smashed. Btw look at his face 0:27 - 0:31 :devilish::D

Last edited:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
He was almost dwarflike with a low centre of gravity impossible to knock him off the ball without fouling him, he must really have been a nightmare to play against. If he was playing today he would be the best player on the planet, and the transfer record would have been smashed. Btw look at his face 0:27 - 0:31 :devilish::D

haha... what a face. Yeah, I think you nailed it, he used his low center of gravity to his advantage.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
If he was what...? He IS the best player on the planet of all time.
Its all a matter of opinion of course and thats mine, at his peak in terms of skill, abilty, speed, balance, finishing, and what he won there are few a that come close.
However I know the English will never be persuaded.

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
And here as well- Happy Easter to you and your families! :)
Btw- was surpised to see all stores, banks etc. open here in the US on Good Friday. In Germany everything is closed down. Large events are even forbidden on Good Friday.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
A loss to the Rags at the Swamp. This has really been a season to forget.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
What about Pele?
One of the best in his time, but as nessie pointed out football back then was a different game than now. In terms of skill for me Zidane, Cruyff, Armando M, Platini etc were better players. Athough Pele won the world cup more times, btw im not putting Pele down he was amazing in his era.

Edit - Love him or loath him Armando M dragged his Argentina side to WC victory in 86 nearly all by himself, they were a decent to average squad. Pele had better players around him in his Brazil teams.

Last edited:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
For what its worth i almost wish Citeh and the rest had made it harder for Chelsea, 10 points ahead at this stage....im amazed, its not even a really great Chelsea team compared to some others. But they have done enough to grind out results when needed up until now. I think Mourinho has a point when he says people think his team are boring, they are boring because they win in poor premier league lets be honest, it would be better for the neutral if there were three or four teams at least in with a chance of winning it at this stage. But im not complaining.

Last edited:

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
So its Arsenal v Aston Villa in the FA Cup final.

Arsenal scraped through against Reading (2nd tier team), thanks to a howler from their goalkeeper. Always felt as though Arsenal could get that second goal though.

Really disappointed in Liverpool in their game vs Villa though, felt as thought they needed reminding that they were in a cup semi final, showed very little and Villa seemed really comfortable apart from a 10min spell where liverpool scored.

Should be a decent final, still fancy Arsenal though.