EPL and British Football

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dons are obviously the underdogs but that might me a good position to steal three points.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an away win, I'll watch the highlights on the SPL youtube channel on Monday next week. Would be the second place enough to qualify for Europe ? At least for the Europa League ?
yeah, 2nd place would be Europa league, just won;t have to play all the qualifiers that we did at the beginning of this season after finishing 3rd last year, 1st qualifying round v daugava riga, 2nd q round v groningen, then beat by real sociedad in the last q round before group stage

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
we play Celtic this weekend at parkhead, so a big game. even if we win this weekend celtic still have a three point lead due to a game in hand. i really woud love it if we did win the championship as it's not been done during my time as a football fan. but i fully expect celtics squad to win the title come the end of the season. i just hope we manage to keep it fairly close

Ugh, that game didn't go well.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yay only the mickey mouse cup, who cares we will take it. :p
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ugh, that game didn't go well.
after about 20mins we'd missed enough chances that i knew it was going to be one of those days when we were never going to score. disapointed with most of the goals we conceded as there were far too many mistakes made for them. first half was dominated by Aberdeen and Celtics first goal was against the run of play, and we completely capitulated in the second half, now it's basically a 9 point gap with their game in hand

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
after about 20mins we'd missed enough chances that i knew it was going to be one of those days when we were never going to score. disapointed with most of the goals we conceded as there were far too many mistakes made for them. first half was dominated by Aberdeen and Celtics first goal was against the run of play, and we completely capitulated in the second half, now it's basically a 9 point gap with their game in hand
I hate to say it but I knew they would win, like them or loath them but they are the best of a mediocre bunch. Fair play to your coach though, he's doing a good job. :tup:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK guys, did I mention that I'm playing an important role in the international sports business?
Not only am I a Packers owner, I also took over Rangers FC.....almost.....:cautious::D
Wont have much time anymore to post here, must turn things around at Ibrox Park now. I wonder if my office at Ibrox is ready to move in :laugh:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Btw, I need a share price of 0.52 per share to compensate my order fees, I'm afraid I wont get rich with my Rangers shares...at least in the near future :laugh:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Well well, look what famous athlete is a Chelsea fan... with a headhunter scarf.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well well, look what famous athlete is a Chelsea fan... with a headhunter scarf.

Yepp, was a little story today here because he was criticized for wearing a "hooligan scarf"
He said he didnt know anything about it and has at least 10 Chelsea scarfs to wear at home. :cautious::D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

Umm let me think i have a few CFC scarves and not one of them is of that kind.......i know Ole Boris is not a racist but what he's doing having and wearing that is beyond me. Seems to be lets have a go at Chelsea of late in the press from one situation and another, other clubs have problems of this nature aswell but nothing is said..........:rolleyes::cautious:

Edit : It beggars belief the mentality of the Headhunters, somewhat of a quandry for them i suspect when your clubs owner just so happens to be of the Jewish persusion. Mind you i reckon they are too stupid to care.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Umm let me think i have a few CFC scarves and not one of them is of that kind.......i know Ole Boris is not a racist but what he's doing having and wearing that is beyond me. Seems to be lets have a go at Chelsea of late in the press from one situation and another, other clubs have problems of this nature aswell but nothing is said..........:rolleyes::cautious:

Edit : It beggars belief the mentality of the Headhunters, somewhat of a quandry for them i suspect when your clubs owner just so happens to be of the Jewish persusion. Mind you i reckon they are too stupid to care.

To be honest, I don't know anything about the Headhunters. Figured they were just an Ultras supporters group. As I just read now, I read about the racist/white supremacist background. Had I known that, I never would have even posted the picture. I just wanted to see if anyone recognized who he was. Oopsie.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't know anything about the Headhunters. Figured they were just an Ultras supporters group. As I just read now, I read about the racist/white supremacist background. Had I known that, I never would have even posted the picture. I just wanted to see if anyone recognized who he was. Oopsie.
No worries Bund, the Headhunters are idiots. In Boris case i feel a little bit sorry for him, hes a good guy. A celebrity fan who turns up at the big games now and again if he was a dedicated CFC supporter he would have known the difference.

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow....Chelsea against Saints was a nice game to watch, Chelsea had their chances to win but didnt make the much needed second goal.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Wow....Chelsea against Saints was a nice game to watch, Chelsea had their chances to win but didnt make the much needed second goal.
A win would have been nice but there you go.......not that i care but Forster should be his countrys keeper hes a wall.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
A win would have been nice but there you go.......not that i care but Forster should be his countrys keeper hes a wall.

Citeh lost. You took a point. You increased an already insurmountable lead. Regular season title is Chelsea's, just as much as Bayern's is to Bundesliga.

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
It made me chuckle.

But is a split Premier League a million miles away from being reality? How much revenue would be gained from the play-off format?
- A huge final at Wembley (which would help pay that off, which is all the FA are interested in).
- Increased attendances from more local games
- Wider audience possibly

Personally, i'd hate it, as i'm a traditionalist. But the more you think about it, and the more you think about how football is all about money. its not such a ridiculous idea

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
It made me chuckle.

But is a split Premier League a million miles away from being reality? How much revenue would be gained from the play-off format?
- A huge final at Wembley (which would help pay that off, which is all the FA are interested in).
- Increased attendances from more local games
- Wider audience possibly

Personally, i'd hate it, as i'm a traditionalist. But the more you think about it, and the more you think about how football is all about money. its not such a ridiculous idea

It's kind of funny to view it that way. But seeing that my Magpies would make the playoffs, I'm all for it. :D

But I think this idea would be too heavy for the European traditionalists, but it has merit to discuss it.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
It's kind of funny to view it that way. But seeing that my Magpies would make the playoffs, I'm all for it. :D

But I think this idea would be too heavy for the European traditionalists, but it has merit to discuss it.
You know that system is just so silly I can see the FA adopting it at some point, just to please the radicals at SKY and their wads of lucre. That along with a four month season played in the winter. As long as flatcaps, bovril, hobnail boots, scotch pies, and rattles are all the norms in US stadiums we can see some room for negotiation. ;)

Last edited: