EPL and British Football

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Well, I assume thats a problem that other teams have too ?
Im afraid thats the result when real fans cant afford the tickets anymore and instead of them the stadium is full of "customers".
I still believe bringing back standing areas could help to improve the support though I'm aware of the historic reasons for all-seater stadiums.

"Boss Jose Mourinho has criticised Chelsea's support and said Stamford Bridge felt like an "empty stadium" during Saturday's 2-1 win over QPR."
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29867892

Your quite right nessie there are far too many of the prawn sandwich brigade at the Bridge, no passion in certain quarters the real working class fans have been marginalised because of the prices. I think a sensible amount of safe standing would be a the way to go.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29872408

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did I mention that I'm delighted by Staggies 3-0 win at Kilmarnock last weekend ?! :)
What I dont like is that The Dons lost against Celtic, I just cant stand them. I wonder if there is any team that can stop them of winning another championship. Boring :rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Did I mention that I'm delighted by Staggies 3-0 win at Kilmarnock last weekend ?! :)
What I dont like is that The Dons lost against Celtic, I just cant stand them. I wonder if there is any team that can stop them of winning another championship. Boring :rolleyes:

A good and unexpected result for the Staggies nessie, :) maybe there is life in them yet. Its a yawnfest when its a league as unequal as the SPL.

This is how to finish a move Mourinho is right Costa is a killer in the penalty box.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
A good and unexpected result for the Staggies nessie, :) maybe there is life in them yet. Its a yawnfest when its a league as unequal as the SPL.

This is how to finish a move Mourinho is right Costa is a killer in the penalty box.
Fully agree, Diego Costa is a killer. He doesnt need many chances to score ! :tup:
Without injuries he might even finish the season with 30+ goals. This would be outstanding
for his first EPL season.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Thats bad. :eek: Is it unfair if I compare this to any Red Bull team ? Just another "Team Plastic" without any own identity ? Nothing against Citeh, I know the US is a different "market" but this is too much marketing...imho....

With respect to Citeh i know their real fans could not care less and fairplay to them, but it could have been done better like their own colours for a start instead of that of another across the ocean. Yepp a marketing exercise care of huge money. :rolleyes:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I never heard of Ched Evans and his case before. But I wonder how HSV fans would react if he would be a (former) HSV player. In my opinion Sheffield Utd. shouldnt even think about signing him back to their squad. Yes on the one hand everybody deserves a second chance but on the other hand **** is a serious and one of the most disgusting crimes.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...aton-quits-patron-sheffield-united-ched-evans
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-30087979

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Honestly, I never heard of Ched Evans and his case before. But I wonder how HSV fans would react if he would be a (former) HSV player. In my opinion Sheffield Utd. shouldnt even think about signing him back to their squad. Yes on the one hand everybody deserves a second chance but on the other hand **** is a serious and one of the most disgusting crimes.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...aton-quits-patron-sheffield-united-ched-evans
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-30087979

I did not know of the individual at all, Sheffield United should cut all ties with him and move on. He did a very bad thing does a convicted ****** deserve a second chance? not so sure i know enough about it for an informed opinion but my gut feeling is no. Jessica Ennis an Olympic gold medal winner, has a stand named after her at their stadium has said if he is allowed back she wants her name removed from the ground.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we was robbed Nessie, Celtic got lucky this time out, all three goals came from mistakes though rather than either team creating a good chance, and Scott brown got sent off AGAIN

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did not know of the individual at all, Sheffield United should cut all ties with him and move on. He did a very bad thing does a convicted ****** deserve a second chance? not so sure i know enough about it for an informed opinion but my gut feeling is no. Jessica Ennis an Olympic gold medal winner, has a stand named after her at their stadium has said if he is allowed back she wants her name removed from the ground.
i believe he is appealing his conviction, although on what grounds i am unsure, as i am also not sure i know enough to make an informed opinion. if his conviction is overturned, then what then? it's just going to open up a whole can of worms.

IMO rapists/child abusers/paedophiles should all pay the ultimate price for their actions, and not in a nice way

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
i believe he is appealing his conviction, although on what grounds i am unsure, as i am also not sure i know enough to make an informed opinion. if his conviction is overturned, then what then? it's just going to open up a whole can of worms.

IMO rapists/child abusers/paedophiles should all pay the ultimate price for their actions, and not in a nice way
Indeed what then ? If he would officially acquitted would this change everything ? I dont remember any similar cases in German, professional football. But I'm pretty sure there wont be a single team that would sign him and I think I wouldnt like to see him playing for my team. But as you and PF71 wrote, difficult to make an opinion with this little information.

Btw and OT, PF71 and scotscheese - how relieable is the BBC weather forecast? :cautious:
Weather in Aberdeen for Friday and Saturday looks good so far.:)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
we was robbed Nessie, Celtic got lucky this time out, all three goals came from mistakes though rather than either team creating a good chance, and Scott brown got sent off AGAIN
Do the refs favour Celtic ? Thats what we say and think about Bayern and Dortmund for example :cautious:
Its extremely rare that a Bayern player is sent off, or that they got a penalty against them :rolleyes::mad:;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Indeed what then ? If he would officially acquitted would this change everything ? I dont remember any similar cases in German, professional football. But I'm pretty sure there wont be a single team that would sign him and I think I wouldnt like to see him playing for my team. But as you and PF71 wrote, difficult to make an opinion with this little information.

Btw and OT, PF71 and scotscheese - how relieable is the BBC weather forecast? :cautious:

Usually they are pretty accurate nessie, but by no means always. The weather where i am has been very mild and dry for the past few days, quite unseasonal.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Usually they are pretty accurate nessie, but by no means always. The weather where i am has been very mild and dry for the past few days, quite unseasonal.
Hope it stays mild and dry but I have to take it as it comes, cant change it anyway. ;)
Same weather here, last weekend I mowed the lawn for the last time this year. Never done this in November (!) before. Crazy...:rolleyes::D
Unfortunately Dons and Cove Rangers are both playing away, so no chance to talk my wife into attending a football
game :rolleyes: But Pittodrie is on my list, at least for a short stop and a picture......:)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hope it stays mild and dry but I have to take it as it comes, cant change it anyway. ;)
Same weather here, last weekend I mowed the lawn for the last time this year. Never done this in November (!) before. Crazy...:rolleyes::D
Unfortunately Dons and Cove Rangers are both playing away, so no chance to talk my wife into attending a football
game :rolleyes: But Pittodrie is on my list, at least for a short stop and a picture......:)

Good chance ill be there early next year, ill be travelling on the weekend so ill miss a game if its on. But i think a visit to Pittodrie is on the cards. :)

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score

never trust a weather forecast for aberdeen, we have our own little eco-system in the north east of scotland, today it is currently pissing it down

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Good chance ill be there early next year, ill be travelling on the weekend so ill miss a game if its on. But i think a visit to Pittodrie is on the cards. :)

So glad Google drove by Pittodrie Stadium in Aberdeen. I can cruise all around it on Google Earth.

I cruised around other parts of Aberdeen too on street level view. Lots of brick buildings that I expected to see. Cool stuff.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Bundesbiers, you should see if they drove by Kings college, it's a spectacular building

They did. Nice.