E:60 Aaron Rodgers

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I hate to say it (I mean I REALLY hate to say it), but his legacy will likely be at least twice as long as his tenure. He was with the Pack for 16 years and I suspect he will still be the topic of conversation for at least another 30 years. Brett Favre is a fraction of the man that Bart Starr is, but here we all talk about Bart Starr and his playing career ended about 40 years ago. In fact, given Favre fame or infamy (depending upon which side you fall) he will likely be talked about even longer.
I am one of those who neither deified nor vilified Favre, but I'll be honest; I would much rather have this debate and this controversy than to be someone like the Bears or Vikings who have no one who is a legend and about who they can all talk (for good or for bad).
I just hope that 50 years from now, we are all talking about the legacy of one Aaron Charles Rodgers.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to say it (I mean I REALLY hate to say it), but his legacy will likely be at least twice as long as his tenure. He was with the Pack for 16 years and I suspect he will still be the topic of conversation for at least another 30 years. Brett Favre is a fraction of the man that Bart Starr is, but here we all talk about Bart Starr and his playing career ended about 40 years ago. In fact, given Favre fame or infamy (depending upon which side you fall) he will likely be talked about even longer.
I am one of those who neither deified nor vilified Favre, but I'll be honest; I would much rather have this debate and this controversy than to be someone like the Bears or Vikings who have no one who is a legend and about who they can all talk (for good or for bad).
I just hope that 50 years from now, we are all talking about the legacy of one Aaron Charles Rodgers.

I assume you mean as a QB, because the Bears have had some great players. they still seem to love to talk about 85 though.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I assume you mean as a QB, because the Bears have had some great players. they still seem to love to talk about 85 though.

Yeah, sorry, my bad. This is in the context of QB's only because even the Vikings have had some great players at other positions.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fran was like the Favre of his day. Big numbers, little post season success. Though they dont really love him that much these days.
Yeah, sorry, my bad. This is in the context of QB's only because even the Vikings have had some great players at other positions.

bhuggins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I found it interesting that Aaron wore #4 in Junior College. I probably need to get a life but I also noticed his jersey number increased by 4 at each level after JC. #8 at Cal and now 12 with the Pack. I'm curious to know why he didn't select #8 when he signed with the Packers as many players (particularly 1st rounders) prefer to stick with their college number. Was 8 already taken on the roster?

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
I remember watching him slip to us in the 2005 draft at a draft party at my buddies house.. I was ecstatic... Being a USC fan I knew his potential seeing him put it on us while he played at Cal... I remember buying his jersey his rookie year and wearing it to the 2005 Home Opener against the Browns and people were looking at me funny... I didnt care as I told alot of the doubters that once Brett retired we were in good hands with Rodgers... I remember meeting him at Fan Fest in March of 2008 the weekend Brett retired and he found out he was going to be the starter... I told him "Good luck bro...I know you are going to be great" He shook my hand and said "I really appreciate that man" Now to see where we are now it gives me goosebumps... This dude is the truth... You cant measure the drive that is instilled into a human being... Im just glad his drive is aimed at being the best at the QB position while wearing a Packers uniform!

Members online

Latest posts