Duds and Duds

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is really difficult to see the field on TV. But I had the feeling our guys were not getting open. I think LaFleur (or Hackett) needs to recognize that we do not respond well to tight coverage. And we need to get out of the **** and dunk or bomb to MVS mode and start looking for the 10 to 15 yard plays. We also probably need to give our other receivers more chances. Our starters really don't look that special imho.
MLF's offense is its most lethal with a good running game which was nonexistent yesterday. That was one of the main reasons we lost so bigly.

Reaction score
MLF's offense is its most lethal with a good running game which was nonexistent yesterday. That was one of the main reasons we lost so bigly.
This is obvious critical on week 1, but I noticed several plays breakdown when receivers were running route trees that were grouped closely together. Was not only lack of individual separation (good crisp cuts) but clumped routes and very little 2nd effort when the play broke down (coming back to the ball etc.)
It fit with players being wholly out of position before the snap.
WR as a whole looked disjointed from go

Last edited:

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, but when you're down 3-17 you can at least show some interest in the game and attempt to rally your troops. That's a leadership quality Rodgers has never had. It's when I miss Bart and Brett the most.
Man ive been chastised for bringing this up when MM got fired. But yeah, thats pretty much it. He just isnt a natural leader like that. He's more of a Captain Sobel than Lieutenant Winters so to speak.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who picked the Pack for the SB?
14 out of 24 respondents in the Predict the 2021 Season thread (me included!) had GB in the Super Bowl. It appears we may have been wrong, so what? LetzBreel had us missing the playoffs at 10-7, he may be wrong, too.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dumba$$ dud = Gute for putting together that horrible o-line, and horrible d-line.
Dud Aaron Rodgers, He's acting like a big ****, and playing like a bum.
Dud Kevin King, he is still getting beat like the bum he is.

Last edited:

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t believe he didn’t care - he was rusty as he usually is early on.
Yeah Rodgers complaining about playing in pre-season games, and then complaining he didn't like joint practices. La Fluer being a big P**** and kowtowing to ego man Rodgers. Guess what? Brady played in pre-season games.

Dud La Fleur for not preparing the team. Seems like this is an on going theme with him.

Last edited:

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And we need to get out of the **** and dunk or bomb to MVS mode and start looking for the 10 to 15 yard plays.
Yeah La Fleur needs to recognize that the online isn't giving AR much time and go to the quick slants etc.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
14 out of 24 respondents in the Predict the 2021 Season thread (me included!) had GB in the Super Bowl. It appears we may have been wrong, so what? LetzBreel had us missing the playoffs at 10-7, he may be wrong, too.
I'm not putting too much into 1 game, especially given the fact that none of the veteran starters saw any preseason action. Which in my humble opinion (before and still after yesterday) is a mistake. If nothing else this was a wakeup call to those veterans and the coaching staff that this team can't just assume that things will be status quo just because they were 13-3 two seasons in a row.

Now, where I am concerned is with Rodgers. Hopefully, this was a wakeup call to him as well. However, if it turns out that he has 1 foot out the door and doesn't have his heart and soul into playing for the Packers, its going to be a long ugly season. He came back to play, but he still appears to be very unsettled about his feelings towards the Front Office.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Were the Saints picked to win it all? Losing twice to one team is not unusual. Getting your butts stomped on for 60 minutes and scoring 3 points with a "high powered offense" is entirely different. Not to mention being every ones SB pick.

Exact same thing happened to the Bucs last season in like week 8.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have seen the Packers lay some duds over the years even in good seasons. I recall when they were the defending SB champs in 1997 they went into Indy and lost to an 0-10 Colt team!. But there is a difference between forgetting to come to the office and yesterday. Sunday they looked like a team that was playing football for the first time.
Duds=Everyone. One of the worst team performances I've seen in a long time. Both the offense and defense were absolutely awful. Hopefully it's an isolated bad game, but there was nothing in this game that made me feel optimistic going forward this season.

D

Deleted member 6794

So Aaron himself said he felt the OL did great at protection overall for the game, and he took ownership of the one sack given up, so he blamed protection for 1 sack.

The front four of Saints are stout, and I'm struggling to understand the frustrations felt towards the OL, at least in the protection aspects of things. Sure, I am not saying they were blowing holes open in the run game - but I am a little befuddled by the hate some are having towards the OL.

There is a lot of bad items to peg on this game...but I don't see the OL being one.

15 pressures on 36 drop backs ~ AR faced pressure on 42% of his attempts. While not horrible that's not great, either. Not as bad as the Bear's OL getting blown back 10 yards (Cody Whitehair) but they've got to give him a cleaner pocket. I get it, they're young & inexperienced (OC & RG) but being stout in pass protection is the #1 objective of this line. #2 is moving people on run plays, which they didn't do well (at least for Jones).

If those numbers are accurate the offensive line performed horrible in pass protection. Last season, the Vikings finished last in pressure allowed in the entire league at a rate of 30.2%.

I don't know if it was gameplan, playcalling, or Rodgers ******** it up, but they were absolutely not within the system of the offense. If we end up back in the world of Rodgers trying to play hero ball every week, they're going to suck. Before he bought into the system last year, he was producing like a league average QB for five years in a row. It's his talent in the context of the scheme that makes things special. You need both.

Rodgers ranked seventh in the league in passer rating from 2015-19 while throwing 138 TDs with only 27 INTs. That doesn't even come close to being only an average quarterback.

Am I the only one who thinks Kenny Clark is a bit over-rated or at least not worth the contract that the Packers paid him?

4 year, $70M included a $25M signing bonus, $34.09 guaranteed.

I realize his job just isn't about sacks and pressures and also he has crap playing on both sides of him, but he sure didn't look like a top 10 DT yesterday and a lot of last season.

The Packers need to surround Clark with more talent to fully take advantage of his strengths.

I have one for the future: cut Kevin King.

The Packers don't have to cut King at the end of the season, just please let him walk away in free agency this time around.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers don't have to cut King at the end of the season...
Where did he say anything about the end of the season? I'd cut him now and pull Ento from the practice squad. King is washed up. With his myriad of injuries he doesn't have the ability to chase receivers anymore and his technique is atrocious.

D

Deleted member 6794

Where did he say anything about the end of the season? I'd cut him now and pull Ento from the practice squad. King is washed up. With his myriad of injuries he doesn't have the ability to chase receivers anymore and his technique is atrocious.

The Packers take an additional cap hit of $3 million by cutting King now. That doesn't make any sense at all.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If those numbers are accurate the offensive line performed horrible in pass protection. Last season, the Vikings finished last in pressure allowed in the entire league at a rate of 30.2%.

Rodgers ranked seventh in the league in passer rating from 2015-19 while throwing 138 TDs with only 27 INTs. That doesn't even come close to being only an average quarterback.

The Packers need to surround Clark with more talent to fully take advantage of his strengths.

The Packers don't have to cut King at the end of the season, just please let him walk away in free agency this time around.

No, you are incorrect. On balance, he produced like a league average guy.

2015: 92.7
2016: 104.2
2017: 97.2
2018: 97.6
2019: 95.4

Average: ~97.4

In 2020, that would have ranked 18th; in 2019, that would have ranked 12th; in 2018, that would have ranked 14th...

Basically mediocre QB production in the modern NFL. In 2020, Philip Rivers was a 97 QB Rating player, for comparison.

And the offense he led basically performed as a mediocre unit. Scoring offense rank by year:

2015: 12th (23 ppg)
2016: 4th (27)
2017: 21st (20)
2018: 15th (23.5)
2019: 15th (23.5)

Average: 13th; 23.4 ppg

Now his talent was elite all along, but that talent in the context of the offense he was in and style he was playing led to mediocre production over that five year span. And given how much he costs against the cap, producing like a mediocre player makes him a millstone around the team. He's paid like an elite QB so he has to play like one to return value.

It was not until he got comfortable in Petals' offense and began to execute it as designed that he saw his production go back to elite levels. It is Rodgers PLUS this system that leads to elite offense-- removing the system is just as detrimental (I would suspect actually more detrimental) as removing Rodgers.

Hence, my concern. If he is using his leverage and position of financial power to get back to the style of offense that he played before 2020, then he's going to return to mediocre production and sink this team. Rodgers passing 65+% of the time, checking into all his own plays, scrambling and trying to create secondary offense is a garbage approach that will yield more pitiful results. I hope that this week was a fluke and that we see him play within the context of the offense and gameplan on MNF. However, if he is in fact bucking LaFleur and trying to do his own thing, they need to bench or trade him.

Adding to my concern is the fact that the Packers played 11 personnel on 81% of snaps. That number was 55% all of 2020. It could be nothing, but 81% is more akin to McCarthy's offense than what LaFleur has done since getting here.

Reaction score
Dumba$$ dud = Gute for putting together that horrible o-line, and horrible d-line.
Dud Aaron Rodgers, He's acting like a big ****, and playing like a bum.
Dud Kevin King, he is still getting beat like the bum he is.
Um. You don’t happen to be Carolina’s Cousin or little brother or something?:laugh: Sounded so @PackerfaninCarolina