Duds and Duds

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is one of the most competitive guys in the game. Why would he intentionally destroy his legacy that way? I don’t believe he didn’t care - he was rusty as he usually is early on and didn’t have the protection he is used to. And he, along with most of the team, haven’t played a game speed snap since last season. They were slow, physically overpowered on both sides of the ball, and clearly unprepared, just as you’d expect from a team that sat out the preseason. For all their talk of being “hungry”, they sure didn’t look that way. Sleepy maybe, but definitely not hungry.

I think we will see better from him and the offense in general, despite the shaky O line. The defense, on the other hand, appears to be a lost cause once again. MLF might want to think twice before deferring in future games.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Studs- 2nd team offense, Dillion, the punter and I liked what I saw from Campbell.
Duds- Everyone else, but mainly Rodgers. Of course the line was not helping him, but he was garbage when he did have time. Easily #12’s worst game of his career. If Detroit is even half as bad, trade him now and get #10 out there.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disgusting game - terrible.

Coaches and leaders of the team take the biggest dud - flat team is always the fault of those that coach and lead.

The defensive front gets a massive dud as well. The secondary did everything they could in the first half forcing Winston to have nothing and run…problem was he had all day and no pressure means he could pick a lane and go.

Rodgers made some dumb decisions for sure today, cannot argue if you want to give him a dud too.

Studs: Punter did well, Jaire played dominant outside of that some did good at times, but I struggle to give studs to.

Love and Amari did well in scrub time - liked how Love moved around the pocket despite the fumble.

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is one of the most competitive guys in the game. Why would he intentionally destroy his legacy that way? I don’t believe he didn’t care - he was rusty as he usually is early on and didn’t have the protection he is used to. And he, along with most of the team, haven’t played a game speed snap since last season. They were slow, physically overpowered on both sides of the ball, and clearly unprepared, just as you’d expect from a team that sat out the preseason. For all their talk of being “hungry”, they sure didn’t look that way. Sleepy maybe, but definitely not hungry.

I think we will see better from him and the offense in general, despite the shaky O line. The defense, on the other hand, appears to be a lost cause once again. MLF might want to think twice before deferring in future games.
My only concern is OL improvement; it will happen but I'm not certain it will be fast enough. That said I'm optimistic Rodgers and the defense will bounce back.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last season, the Bucs lost twice to the Saints .. G'Night everyone.
Were the Saints picked to win it all? Losing twice to one team is not unusual. Getting your butts stomped on for 60 minutes and scoring 3 points with a "high powered offense" is entirely different. Not to mention being every ones SB pick.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
After his crap this offseason do you really expect him to perform? Do you trust him to give everything he has?
I don’t think he is the type to just quit on his team I have yet to see that, but looking like he did today, I would question where his head is and not his skills

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wrote a while back that there was absolutely nothing interesting about a preseason game. That goes for the opener today, as well.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm more concerned about the Oline than I am Rodgers. The first INT was probably a poor choice, but we've seen him make plays in the clutches of defenders before. It happens. Practically unblocked right up the gut and he turned him as he was throwing. He didn't have much chance. Best scenario was to just eat it at that point. But like I said, he's stepped thru or delivered a pass plenty of times in the past too.

2nd INT I really don't think he expected him to be there. I think it was a 2 man route and the safety was figured to go with Adams leaving MVS to use his speed. MVS wasn't open at all, so Rodgers put it way deep where only MVS could get to it. Problem was the guy shading towards Adams moved that way and immediately took off to MVS after rolling towards adams. Don't think he expected him there at all. I think it was a much better Defensive play than anything.

on that 4th down play, Lewis fell down, Adams was the only guy there on a play all designed to go to that side of the field. There were no other options.

anyway, the Oline needs to play a lot better and the offense will be fine.

I thought MVS did well. made a tough 4th down grab. Looked very confident and sure catching the ball. I think that is a great sign, picking up where he left off.

I think Dillon ran hard. 2 good ones for a first down, then Davenport buries Rodgers for an 11 yard loss killing the drive.

I thought individually there were some decent defensive performances. I thought Clark was decent. Slayton showed up a couple times. I think Gary was playing well. ZSmith got screwed. Alexander was left alone, the rookie Stokes held his own.

But overall as a team, it seemed guys were not working as a unit in that first half. Lots of loafing. and King is a giant liability that was exposed for 14 points today and who knows how many yards.

I wouldn't read too much into the game. We sucked, but I don't think we do suck.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is it that we can beat 90% of the teams and we always get absolutely destroyed by the top teams. If history repeats itself we know who's going to beat us in the playoffs

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is it that we can beat 90% of the teams and we always get absolutely destroyed by the top teams. If history repeats itself we know who's going to beat us in the playoffs
New Orleans wasn't considered a top team this year without Brees. That's what's nuts, we were the big favorites today as a road team. Without Thomas playing and no real WR's our secondary was supposed to "feast" on Winston's ints per the pundits I follow. I don't think NO is that good, nor are we that bad obviously, but wow was there a big difference in preparedness out there. Rodgers shoulders the bulk of this loss, and Joe Barry IMO. They have to figure things out, fast.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm more concerned about the Oline than I am Rodgers. The first INT was probably a poor choice, but we've seen him make plays in the clutches of defenders before. It happens. Practically unblocked right up the gut and he turned him as he was throwing. He didn't have much chance. Best scenario was to just eat it at that point. But like I said, he's stepped thru or delivered a pass plenty of times in the past too.

2nd INT I really don't think he expected him to be there. I think it was a 2 man route and the safety was figured to go with Adams leaving MVS to use his speed. MVS wasn't open at all, so Rodgers put it way deep where only MVS could get to it. Problem was the guy shading towards Adams moved that way and immediately took off to MVS after rolling towards adams. Don't think he expected him there at all. I think it was a much better Defensive play than anything.

on that 4th down play, Lewis fell down, Adams was the only guy there on a play all designed to go to that side of the field. There were no other options.

anyway, the Oline needs to play a lot better and the offense will be fine.

I thought MVS did well. made a tough 4th down grab. Looked very confident and sure catching the ball. I think that is a great sign, picking up where he left off.

I think Dillon ran hard. 2 good ones for a first down, then Davenport buries Rodgers for an 11 yard loss killing the drive.

I thought individually there were some decent defensive performances. I thought Clark was decent. Slayton showed up a couple times. I think Gary was playing well. ZSmith got screwed. Alexander was left alone, the rookie Stokes held his own.

But overall as a team, it seemed guys were not working as a unit in that first half. Lots of loafing. and King is a giant liability that was exposed for 14 points today and who knows how many yards.

I wouldn't read too much into the game. We sucked, but I don't think we do suck.
Ahh an actual intelligent post. Nice

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really think the saints defense was being overlooked That's still not an excuse for how the offense played. With that being said I'm extremely concerned with our defense. I think the offense will get on track I'm not too concerned there besides the offensive line.

Looking at the schedule we're going to have a tough road this year if the defense doesn't improve. Either way the schedule looks pretty tough.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Dillon ran hard.
No shanks by Bojorquez.
Amos led the team in tackles.

Duds:
Rest of the team looked uninspired.
Garbage game plans by both the O & D.
Can someone teach our OLB's what containing the edge means?

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How on earth do fans watch a blowout loss and then blame one singular player?

Why is MLF always blameless in these embarrassing blowouts (he has a track record at this point).

Hot takes: The oline is going to suck this year until 69 returns.

The defense is going to suck all year. MLF hired Barry based on nothing other than the fact they're buddies, so the results aren't too surprising. The D lacks talent and it's finally catching up to us.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why is MLF always blameless in these embarrassing blowouts (he has a track record at this point).

The defense is going to suck all year. MLF hired Barry based on nothing other than the fact they're buddies, so the results aren't too surprising. The D lacks talent and it's finally catching up to us.

It's not finally catching up to us, it's been glaringly bad for years. Any team that can run will run on us with the exception of a team that played like their hair was on fire against Tennessee last year. Any QB worth a damn will find a way to pass on us, avoid Jaire and you can toss bombs all day long. Our D-line and ILB are average at best, yes they have their moments, but do not play consistent enough to be good. I don't think the sky is falling, but we sure weren't ready for the Saints... Let's see how next week goes.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ill answer how...... because they aren't smart. You don't gotta dive too much deeper than that

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t think he is the type to just quit on his team I have yet to see that, but looking like he did today, I would question where his head is and not his skills
He did everything he could this summer to quit on this team. As for his skills, have you ever seen him miss receivers as badly and consistently as he did today?