Duds and Duds

Reaction score
That loss on Sunday was shameful. What do you expect?
I got a good chuckle. Your post has got a
Quentin Tarantino feel to it, raw and unfiltered. Felt like before an R rated movie with warnings for vulgar language, offensive gestures and smoking

Last edited:

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got a good chuckle. Your post has got a
Quentin Tarantino feel to it, raw and unfiltered. Felt like before an R rated movie with warnings for vulgar language, offensive gestures and smoking
Ha! I didn't know I was being so grave.

D

Deleted member 6794

No, you are incorrect. On balance, he produced like a league average guy.

2015: 92.7
2016: 104.2
2017: 97.2
2018: 97.6
2019: 95.4

Average: ~97.4

In 2020, that would have ranked 18th; in 2019, that would have ranked 12th; in 2018, that would have ranked 14th...

Basically mediocre QB production in the modern NFL. In 2020, Philip Rivers was a 97 QB Rating player, for comparison.

And the offense he led basically performed as a mediocre unit. Scoring offense rank by year:

2015: 12th (23 ppg)
2016: 4th (27)
2017: 21st (20)
2018: 15th (23.5)
2019: 15th (23.5)

Average: 13th; 23.4 ppg

Now his talent was elite all along, but that talent in the context of the offense he was in and style he was playing led to mediocre production over that five year span. And given how much he costs against the cap, producing like a mediocre player makes him a millstone around the team. He's paid like an elite QB so he has to play like one to return value.

It was not until he got comfortable in Petals' offense and began to execute it as designed that he saw his production go back to elite levels. It is Rodgers PLUS this system that leads to elite offense-- removing the system is just as detrimental (I would suspect actually more detrimental) as removing Rodgers.

Hence, my concern. If he is using his leverage and position of financial power to get back to the style of offense that he played before 2020, then he's going to return to mediocre production and sink this team. Rodgers passing 65+% of the time, checking into all his own plays, scrambling and trying to create secondary offense is a garbage approach that will yield more pitiful results. I hope that this week was a fluke and that we see him play within the context of the offense and gameplan on MNF. However, if he is in fact bucking LaFleur and trying to do his own thing, they need to bench or trade him.

Adding to my concern is the fact that the Packers played 11 personnel on 81% of snaps. That number was 55% all of 2020. It could be nothing, but 81% is more akin to McCarthy's offense than what LaFleur has done since getting here.

I fully agree that Rodgers needs to play within MLF's system for the offense to be successful this season.

It's not true that he was a league average QB from 2015-19 though. It doesn't make any sense to include the Packers' ranking in point scored in 2017 in your analysis as Rodgers missed more than half of that season.

At the time he broke his collarbone the Packers averaged 27.4 points per game, which would have ranked fifth in the league at the end of the season.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw a post fwiw the last time the saints beat a team 38-3 was the bucs last year. We all know how that ended would be nice lol

Reaction score
He's busy helping him clear that entire forest LOL
I had something similar happen years ago in a snow storm. We cut the tree covering the roadway in 2 places slightly wider than width of my car. I took the spare tire and leaned it up vertically against the section of tree in front of me. Then very very slowly pinned the spare between my from bumper and the tree and inched forward as the likely 600lb. tree section actually rolled and slid a bit, until just enough space. Took the spare and threw it in the trunk. That’s the benefit of owning a junker.
Shout out to the neighbor who assisted w/chainsaw we opened the roadway just enough to sneak through.

Last edited:

John Carran

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not going to write Arod off after 1 game, but he does need help up front, and with his receiver, if his play slides after a few more games , then bench him but until he proves a liabilit, he is our best chance to go to POs, the defense is definitely not Rodgers fault, and I don’t have a problem with 1yr DCs.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this is what we can expect from him. I don't trust him. He obviously doesn't care about winning and it's he's just along for the ride, wherever it goes. You can plainly see that in his reactions (or lack thereof) after all of his bad plays. And that second pick was like nothing I've ever seen from him before. Frankly, some on her will pile on for me saying so, but it looked intentional, given his past performance and obsession with NOT throwing picks.
I thought the same thing Crow. But if Rodgers wants to play for another team after this season, he's got to prove he can still play. Anything else and he'll be seen as a QB in decline. That's not good for him, and it's certainly not good for GB if they want to trade him.

But yeah he just doesn't throw those type of pics. That said, the entire team looked like it was asleep. They mailed it in. I'm worried about this season. I've never seen GB lose this badly. Hopefully we see a different team Monday night. If not, it's gonna be a long season.

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it can only get better?

I hope so but jury is out on this one for me.

I only watched highlights & wish I hadn't as I saw no highlights from Packers perspective.

I did say in another thread if #12 doesn't get his act together & focus he will get hurt & badly. NOT wishing him harm BUT unless he gets his mojo back he will get hurt. This is a very physical game & he (as do all players) needs to be aware.

rant over.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this is what we can expect from him. I don't trust him. He obviously doesn't care about winning and it's he's just along for the ride, wherever it goes. You can plainly see that in his reactions (or lack thereof) after all of his bad plays. And that second pick was like nothing I've ever seen from him before. Frankly, some on her will pile on for me saying so, but it looked intentional, given his past performance and obsession with NOT throwing picks.

"Doesn't care about winning"...where do people come up with this stuff!

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds=Everyone. One of the worst team performances I've seen in a long time. Both the offense and defense were absolutely awful. Hopefully it's an isolated bad game, but there was nothing in this game that made me feel optimistic going forward this season.

I think the thread should be Duds and Double Duds

Double Duds: Rodgers. Seriously you HAVE TO PLAY IN PRE-SEASON THERE IS RUST! Kevin King. Enough said!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts