Draft Analyst Thread

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I agree, I though do see the value of what Etienne could provide, but agree Gainwell, Kylin, Patterson, Felton or the Louisville kid im blanking on all can be had later and serve as Dillons compliment not competition for snaps.

The drafting of Etienne would be more about the value and talent of him as a prospect, than about the need to spend that high of a pick on RB.

For that reason, I wouldn't want to see it unless the good options at other positions were gone.

But he has truly elite acceleration which, combined with his contact balance, would add a huge big-play dimension to the offense.

You could do worse at pick #29.

D

Deleted member 6794

The drafting of Etienne would be more about the value and talent of him as a prospect, than about the need to spend that high of a pick on RB.

For that reason, I wouldn't want to see it unless the good options at other positions were gone.

But he has truly elite acceleration which, combined with his contact balance, would add a huge big-play dimension to the offense.

You could do worse at pick #29.

The Packers need to do better than to select another backup with their first round pick this time around.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Dillon is our only RB and Williams and Jones are both gone, I have no problems picking a RB they think is going to be productive. Likely moving to 17 games, they'll need a few that can carry the load.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I 100% agree with the sentiment to draft a RB if Jamaal and Jones leave in FA, but folks we do not only have Dillon.

The Packers have Dexter Williams and Patrick Taylor which are RBs that have been in the organization for an entire year or more (Dexter).

I loved Taylor and had him mocked to us a time or two in the 7th round last year - healthy there is a chance he can hold a #3 spot on an NFL roster, but that of course is just my opinion.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the other Williams at all. Every brief glimpse I've gotten it just seems to reinforce what I think of him. and I think the biggest issue is between the ears and has nothing to do with intelligence. Maybe he matures and becomes something, but he reminds me a lot of DeShawn Wynn in that regard.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the other Williams at all. Every brief glimpse I've gotten it just seems to reinforce what I think of him. and I think the biggest issue is between the ears and has nothing to do with intelligence. Maybe he matures and becomes something, but he reminds me a lot of DeShawn Wynn in that regard.

Yes, Dexter even at ND shined or crapped based solely on application between the ears. His ability is not the issue and never has been.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If Dillon is our only RB and Williams and Jones are both gone, I have no problems picking a RB they think is going to be productive. Likely moving to 17 games, they'll need a few that can carry the load.

Yep-- about 370 true running back carries last year. Even if Dillon accounted for 220 of them, that still leaves 150 or more to make up. And currently, there are zero players on the roster that I want to see accounting for them.

You certainly don't need to spend a 1st round pick to find 150-200 quality carries. But if the player is special, and the other options aren't ideal, it needs to be considered. Because giving 180 touches to a homerun hitting player like Etienne could have a massive impact on an offense.