double tight end sets

MNPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the packers will go with a double tight end set. Thats why they kept 4 tight ends. This should help with the blocking. Also we only have 2 good wide receivers (1 who probably does not know all the plays yet) and our second string fullback who cannot catch. What do the rest of you think.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wish we had to good pass catching TE. Also the one guy(Franks) who can catch is the best blocker too, but against the Falcons we seemed to run good plays with just 2 or 3 receiver sets

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MNPackerfan said:
I think the packers will go with a double tight end set. Thats why they kept 4 tight ends. This should help with the blocking.
It wouldn't surprise me if they did.
Even in prior years under MS they brought in Barry to help with the run blocking and that OL was pretty solid.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBPrez told me one time that he'd rip the nuts off of the next guy who didn't call a double TE set "Tiger Set".

Don't say you haven't been warned.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
I just wish we had to good pass catching TE. Also the one guy(Franks) who can catch is the best blocker too, but against the Falcons we seemed to run good plays with just 2 or 3 receiver sets

What about Donald Lee?

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Double tights was used extensively during the Holmgren era to much success(with a burner to split the seam and a good blocker who could work underneath the zones). Bubba definately fits the blocker working underneath the zones, Lee has the potential to be the burner to split the seam if he can hang onto the ball and stay healthy.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMHO we seldom see dbl te set b/c GB runs alot of 3 WRer sets

SE, FL and a WRer in the slot between the SE & FL

Members online

Latest posts