1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

double tight end sets

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by MNPackerfan, Sep 6, 2006.

1. MNPackerfan

MNPackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the packers will go with a double tight end set. Thats why they kept 4 tight ends. This should help with the blocking. Also we only have 2 good wide receivers (1 who probably does not know all the plays yet) and our second string fullback who cannot catch. What do the rest of you think.

2. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I just wish we had to good pass catching TE. Also the one guy(Franks) who can catch is the best blocker too, but against the Falcons we seemed to run good plays with just 2 or 3 receiver sets

3. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It wouldn't surprise me if they did.
    Even in prior years under MS they brought in Barry to help with the run blocking and that OL was pretty solid.

4. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    IPBPrez told me one time that he'd rip the nuts off of the next guy who didn't call a double TE set "Tiger Set".

Don't say you haven't been warned.

5. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What about Donald Lee?

6. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Double tights was used extensively during the Holmgren era to much success(with a burner to split the seam and a good blocker who could work underneath the zones). Bubba definately fits the blocker working underneath the zones, Lee has the potential to be the burner to split the seam if he can hang onto the ball and stay healthy.

7. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    IMHO we seldom see dbl te set b/c GB runs alot of 3 WRer sets

SE, FL and a WRer in the slot between the SE & FL