Donald Drivers' "Driven"

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I got my DD "Driven" book just now..whoohooo!
My favorite qoute from it..."One of the main reasons I never played for another team was the love the fans showed me throughout my career. They deserved to see me retire having worn only the green and gold"

I've not started reading the book yet, just the preface and the picture qoutes.
Saw him on "Good Morning America" ...what a way to start the day! :D

* had to edit a dozen or so exclamation points......trying to curb my excitement

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds awesome. Has anyone read LeRoy Butler's new book yet? I keep looking in my local bookstore but it's not there yet

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I got the Butler book on my Kindle for $9.99. It's called Packer Pride.

Oooooo I'll have to get that one after I finish my "Driven" book... I'll post more tomorrow... can't wait to get into it!
:x3: (Ever so hard to refrain from multiple exclaimation points)

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Oooooo I'll have to get that one after I finish my "Driven" book... I'll post more tomorrow... can't wait to get into it!
:x3: (Ever so hard to refrain from multiple exclaimation points)
I got to about page 100 today and I have to say the book is intense! It's a great read should have it done before I get DD to sign it!

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I got to about page 100 today and I have to say the book is intense! It's a great read should have it done before I get DD to sign it!
I need to log off and get to reading... yikes! lol I was hoping to have it finished first, but seriously hard to jump the gun on anyone on here.
Now i'll be up until I get to at least pg 1oo :p

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I need to log off and get to reading... yikes! lol I was hoping to have it finished first, but seriously hard to jump the gun on anyone on here.
Now i'll be up until I get to at least pg 1oo :p
Lol, I'm hoping I don't stay up too late reading it I want to be at Barnes n Nobel tomorrow by 6 am to wait to get my ticket at 9 am then go get Leroy to sign my packer pride book at UWGB then head back to Barnes n Nobel to get DD to sign my book at 7...it's gonna be a long day!!

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Well I finished the book and all I have to say is WOW! Driver you are classy and a Packer for life! We need to see more players that act like you on and off the field. You will always be one of the all time packer greats. And thank you for sharing you story!

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Well I finished the book and all I have to say is WOW! Driver you are classy and a Packer for life! We need to see more players that act like you on and off the field. You will always be one of the all time packer greats. And thank you for sharing you story!
I'm going to keep the book with me today and sneak a chapter or two in between appts. Its always a challenge of wanting to get to the end, but then not wanting it to be over. :sneaky:

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I'm going to keep the book with me today and sneak a chapter or two in between appts. Its always a challenge of wanting to get to the end, but then not wanting it to be over. :sneaky:
Oh please, don`t feed me these lines......:roflmao:. Off to church again for me ;).

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
He's going to be super busy with that for awhile...I was supposed to get a signed something when you preordered the book, so I'm sure it will come later.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Got my book signed tonight and got to talk with DD for a short time. Told him that I forgot his #80 jersey at home and asked him if he had a spare to wear for the game on Sunday in minny...lol great guy!

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Got my book signed tonight and got to talk with DD for a short time. Told him that I forgot his #80 jersey at home and asked him if he had a spare to wear for the game on Sunday in minny...lol great guy!
Awesome... and I'm so jealous! I only got to scream at him as he walked past me at the very first fan fest,... I know I traumatized him... I still want to see him again without the freakshow meltdown on my part!:x3:

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Awesome... and I'm so jealous! I only got to scream at him as he walked past me at the very first fan fest,... I know I traumatized him... I still want to see him again without the freakshow meltdown on my part!:x3:

And as soon as the restraining order has run its course, you will be able to see him again ;)

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
JUST finished! Wow what a great read for sure! The way he described particular games, it was like watching them all over again. What an inspiration, and what a down to earth guy.
Makes me sad to realize the "business" of football, but the way he handled it for the love of his family and his fans speaks volumes. It amazes me that while we as fans demand loyalty, its amazes me even more when it's given.
*Bravo Donald...BRAVO!:notworthy: :barefoot:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Son and I were going to go up to Barnes and Noble ... I was going to buy him the book and have Donald sign it as a gift because my son idolizes the guy...well, found out that by noon there were approx 350 lined up and that he was signing for an hour, and B&N were distributing tickets ... and well, me not be a real patient guy... needless to say, I went and bought him the book locally and took him to dinner instead.

How long did he sign?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Who gave you an OLD ??? The rat.
I did.
I will mark any posts bringing back retired players as old as in the player is old not necessarily the idea.
While I am confessing, I will also click on old to posts complaining about negative ratings especially to posters with a recent history of it.