Do you want a Brett Favre statue in Green Bay?

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, when outsiders think Brett, they think Packers. They dont think Vikings or Jets.

As far as a statue goes, now is not the time. Ask again in 10 years.
If the time is not now, it will never ever be. For all you Brett lovers, for argument sakes, lets say they put one up. The maintenance guys will be out there every morning cleaning up all the human **** around the statue. Ain't gonna happen!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*Breaking News*
Pictures of the artist's conception for the statue have been released.
Here they are!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. While Brett was a great player and did great things for Green Bay, there are several players that would deserve a statue before him. Retiring his number and putting him into the Packer HOF is enough. That's a huge honor in itself.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we are going to put a statue of Favre up, can we put one of Cutler up? He has thrown us a lot of touchdowns, too.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think a statue will ever be appropriate after what happened at the end of his career. I think retiring his number is honor enough.
This is the most relevant and correct response to this question. Statues of Curly and Vince are appropriate, and enough. Given Favre's antics over the last few years he was in GB, the misery he caused fans, ownership, and ARod, and then going to play for the Vikes purely out of spite - even retiring his number, while the right thing to do, leaves an unpleasant odor.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A statue of Favre? Ya, sure but only if there’s a bucket of tomatoes nearby and a backstop for those throwing “INTs” instead of hitting the target. The bucket must be continuously resupplied and heated in winter. The smell would add another appropriate dimension. :poop:
:D:laugh::tup:

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, when outsiders think Brett, they think Packers. They dont think Vikings or Jets.

As far as a statue goes, now is not the time. Ask again in 10 years.

That's one of the biggest problem with this whole Favre number retirement thing. Outsiders don't think of him as a Packer any more. Have you noticed how almost all the stock photo and video of Favre is in a Vikings uniform? The man is the constant butt of jokes. The Packers are just one team he played on, but so did a lot of others who put up notable statistics.

Just watch how many Favre #4 Vikings jerseys are in the stands on that number retirement charade day.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm going to chime in ... wooopity dooooooo!! :)

I am reasonably sure that any statue to Favre would be on the Walk of WhateverIt'sCalled. Not at Lambeau. So, if whomever sponsors that thing -- a thing I've never explored -- wants to stick a statue of someone up in front of the Super 8 or whatever ... well.... go ahead, knock yourself out. I do have a feeling that a dwindling portion of PackerNation (not likely local Green Bay or NE Wisconsin residents) would have fun with such a statue.

Personally ... I don't care. I'm talking complete and utter indifference. I don't want his number retired. I want his name up in Lambeau with the other Hall of Famers -- not a retired number though. Unlike a lot of remaining "hostiles", I never had *** for Favre, but I never idolized him (or any athlete really) -- so --- I just say...get on with it - they're going to do it anyway and I'll continue being indifferent.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If they did a statue, I am sure they would have to watch it as someone woukd try to damage it

A camera would need to be on it

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I do think Favre should have a statue in Green Bay. I think it would look good on an underwater camera down there in about 60 feet of water. I'm sure the walleyes would appreciate the company.

Edited for clarification.

Last edited:

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say no, at least not for a good 10+ years. He was part of that resurgence in the 90's but he was one admittedly significant piece in a much bigger picture. White, Holmgren, and Wolf all deserve at least equal praise for turning this franchise around after the Gory Years of the 70's and 80's as well as Favre.

He'll get his Packers and NFL HoF busts, his number retired, and be put in the Ring of Fame. You can't downplay his 16 years in Green Bay, but all the other guys who have statues defined this franchise in it's first 50 years of existance and are legends for a reason.

Reaction score
No. While Brett was a great player and did great things for Green Bay, there are several players that would deserve a statue before him. Retiring his number and putting him into the Packer HOF is enough. That's a huge honor in itself.
I have to agree. Brett is just starting to realize the douchity he brought to the team with his antics. Douchity is a word, I just looked it up in the Vikings ****shonary!