Do you want a Brett Favre statue in Green Bay?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

That opens a whole new arguement. I`m sure I`m not alone in thinking retiring his number is too good for him. Sorry, just my opinion.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
What is this rumor? The Packers are building a Waffle House in the atrium? LOL

Not in the atrium!!! Hopefully across the border in Minny! OR ...better yet in Mississippi!

Debuting the "Mississippi waffle....no one does it better!":roflmao:

toolkien

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I think there should be a statue of Harlan out by Lombardi and Lambeau, and up before another statue is cast of ANYBODY. I know it's already Harlan Plaza, but I think a statue is appropriate. If one thinks about the true founders and rejuvenators of the team, Harlan is just as important is the other two. Harlan unleashed the TWENTY YEAR run that we have had. He did so much in ensuring the fiscal solvency of the team. Without Harlan there would have been no Wolf, Holmgren, Favre and on and on. The two things that make a franchise float - talent and $$$ - has been guided by Harlan for two of the nine decades of the Packers existence. Without him one has to really doubt where the Packers would be right now. Green Bay may not be on the list of those places.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I don't want the man himself in Green Bay or Wisconsin for that matter, why the heck would I want to see a statue of him?

I

Is Favres statue wearing open fly jeans and holding a cell phone?

Ok ok I'll be serious... Is he passing the ball in the statue or is he trying to make a tackle from the INT he just threw?

I think a statue of him would be asking for trouble. But I'm one of those people who normally favors statues of only people who have passed, with a few exceptions.

I`m sure if we all put a few dollars towards it, the passing away bit shouldn`t be a problem......lol

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Benedict Arnold has a boot statue, so maybe the Oneida tribe could put his arm on a slot machine.

I

Just for the record, Curley Lambeau & Vince Lombardi were both dead when they were idolized in granite. Read into that what you'd like. :eek:

Again I`d sort of put him stone........concrete shoes, in the Mississippi ? Just throwing some ideas out there.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is a statue a bigger tribute than a retired number?

I would say yes even though retiring his number is also one of the highest honors he can receive. A statue is kind of symbolic to immortality. It will be there forever, every time a fan walks into or around Lambeau Field they will see it and be reminded of him. A statue goes much beyond what the player did on the field but it's about the person. Honors like that are for Lombardi, Starr, and Reggie White. Retiring a number is acknowledging and honoring what he did on the field but putting up a statue in the person's image is much more symbolic. You are honoring the person.

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not to sure you should. I like him,but,as someone else said it is better not to over do it. There are alot of players who could have that honor. I am talking about players from the 1960's.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO statue, and they should delay retiring his number until the cheers will outnumber the boos--about 40 years, I'd say.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre's steak house ever serves breakfast u can bet waffles will not be on the menu. Now the people in Orlando knows what we as Packer fans have gone through. Dwight Howard is the Favre of basketball.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The part of Lambeau that sells ice cream should have a Brett Favre style cone. (waffle)

Members online

Latest posts