Do you think that the Lockout had an effect on the Crappy D?

L

Lunchboxer

Do you think the Lockout had an effect on the D at all this season? Maybe the lack of OTAs during the off season made the D look weak??

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. We have been prone to giving up the big play, even in the SB season. They happened much more frequently this year. I think a major issue is just Shields and Williams regressing. I attribute that to easing up after winning the SB.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it hurt the tackling and I think the new rules that only allow minimal contact practices hurt it as well. The also played a very soft zone or something all year. While getting PI flags sucks I can not remember the last time the secondary got called for it. That tells me they are playing an incredibly soft zone. Having a true off season probably hurt the ability of the draft picks to contribute the most. House may have developed enough to actually contribute with a full rookie off season. Lattimore and So'oto may have been better prepared to contribute as well. I thought So'oto was incredibly close to being ready to start towards the end of the season. The AZ defensive lineman also could have developed more. I thought he was on a BS injured reserve spot just to keep him around. They say he is a good kid with alot of raw talent but is extremely slow when it comes to learning so he could be something in the future.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It shouldn't have had any more effect on our D than any one else's. I blame it more on three things: Jenkins, Collins and T Will and Shields taking a step back.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I think it hurt. Usually there is a big jump in skill between the first and second year for a lot of players. Burnett, Francois, Neal, Shields, Wilson, and Zombo all lost out. Biggest issue was the pass rush. with the new rules you absolutely must have a pass rush. There is no way to cover for more than a few seconds in new the arena NFL.

KCPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The lockout was for the whole NFL. It is no excuse for everyone. The only players that could really use that as a valid excuse are rookies.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Lets stop making excuses. Even the Colts had a better defense then the Packers this year and half of them got hurt.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow! A whole hour without a defense thread?
Can we go for two? Can we do it?

(Sorry for the sarcasm. If I had a dime for every defense thread on here this season, I would have had enough to be a Packers owner. Not from buying one $275 stock. I mean, THE sole owner.)

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
They did get soft. Maybe they over celebrated in the offseason post SB win.

I remember last season when the Packers played at the Jets. Holy crap what a defensive battle. Ugly game. But, it made me proud.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts