Do you honestly think the Packers will win the Super Bowl under Rodgers and McCarthy?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
And by yours and everyone else's logic since Aaron is better or at least as good as Brett, Aaron will win the Superbowl this year, and if he's better than Brett he'll be Superbowl MVP!

Show me one time I claimed Rodgers is better than Brett

Ready go

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
1. Kitrick Taylor, in his 2nd game as a Packer, the week before his first start.

And well there is...oh yeah wait, I don't have to answer your question because this is YEAR 6 for Aaron, NOT year 3! And by yours and everyone else's logic since Aaron is better or at least as good as Brett, Aaron will win the Superbowl this year, and if he's better than Brett he'll be Superbowl MVP!

Using semantics to get out of finding proof. Very nice.

Nobody does deflections like you.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
1. Kitrick Taylor, in his 2nd game as a Packer, the week before his first start.

And well there is...oh yeah wait, I don't have to answer your question because this is YEAR 6 for Aaron, NOT year 3!/QUOTE]

Stop the damn 6 year crap...He has only started 3 years

We all know about the Bengals game

Your just a troll

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Using semantics to get out of finding proof. Very nice.

Nobody does deflections like you.

No one? Longtimefan STILL hasn't come up with 5 games where Aaron won it on the final play or drive. He just turned around and asked me a question instead. If that isn't a deflection then....well....WOW!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one? Longtimefan STILL hasn't come up with 5 games where Aaron won it on the final play or drive. He just turned around and asked me a question instead. If that isn't a deflection then....well....WOW!

While not having 297 games to choose from, Aaron has put us in position many times to get a late, come from behind win, only to have that possibility squandered by defense or special teams.

Minnesota his rookie year- Mascon Crosby misses what would have been the game winning FG.
Carolina, same year- Aaron drives down the field and gets us the go-ahead TD with a little over a minute to go in the game. Panthers march right down the field and steal a win. Same scenario against the Texans.

THIS year- TD to tie the game and possibly force OT vs. the Falcons. ST gives up a monster return, Falcons go another 20 yards and kick a game winning buzzer beater.

He did have a come from behind win against Chicago in week one, last season.

Go away troll.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Show me one time I claimed Rodgers is better than Brett

Ready go

If you won't say it I will.

Rodgers is better than Brett.
Rodgers first 3 years starting are better than bretts.
Rodgers is smoother with the ladies then Brett.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If you won't say it I will.

Rodgers is better than Brett.
Rodgers first 3 years starting are better than bretts.
Rodgers is smoother with the ladies then Brett.

RPB will bust a brain vein since he cant respond :)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't spend too much time responding to RPB's posts, guys. He, umm, won't be able to respond.

Please don't ban him. I like the interaction with "fans" like this.

It's almost fitting favres career ended in Detroit. Like Detroit he is waaaay past his prime and an embarrassment. Both are falling apart and no one wants anything to do with them.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL! Thanks Mods. I prefer a troll free environment.

How long is this ban for?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After Rodgers 1st SB win I will start the thread Rodgers career> favres career

That should get some responses.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
RPB inspires me. His trollness, and ivo wanting him to stay while Sparta wants him gone, have inspired what I consider to be a great idea.

There should be a section of the forum called The Troll Cage. Then we could ban people like RPB from every section of the forum besides that one. That way those who like arguing with the insane can do so, and those of us that don't want their insanity ruining our forums can ignore them.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
RPB inspires me. His trollness, and ivo wanting him to stay while Sparta wants him gone, have inspired what I consider to be a great idea.

There should be a section of the forum called The Troll Cage. Then we could ban people like RPB from every section of the forum besides that one. That way those who like arguing with the insane can do so, and those of us that don't want their insanity ruining our forums can ignore them.

ROFL!!!!!!!

Send that to Rob !!!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Pinking him doesn't really do anything outside of shaming the person. And I think it makes the forum run slower for them. And I suppose I could ignore list them, but it still doesn't fix the problem because it doesn't work when people quote them.

I'm talking about basically giving the trolls a clubhouse but putting child locks on the door so they can't get out. They could post whatever convoluted "Favre is so much better than Rodgers", "TT needs to go/is gay" threads they want to, and if the normal posters felt so inclined they could go in there and rip the trolls to shreds.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you have a troll cage I would like to see it no holds bared. Anything goes and of you venture in it's under your own understanding that you might be called names and harassed

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
If you have a troll cage I would like to see it no holds bared. Anything goes and of you venture in it's under your own understanding that you might be called names and harassed
I would have no problem with that. Having to censor yourself with that much troll around would be too much to ask of everybody. :icon_lol:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just no personal names or other personal info should be allowed. That's crossing the line and an automatic ban from the forum in addition to every one of your posts removed. At least that's how I would do it

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
If there's football next year, and if we can stay relatively healthy unlike this year, I see no reason next year shouldn't end either in the Super Bowl or in a very competitive NFC Championship game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I get it now..

Your around 30, you grew up watching Favre in his prime...Makes sense your bitter that Brett is gone.

Face it, get over your hatred for Rodgers, your prob in a 1% of Packer fans that think Rodgers sucks...

Enjoy the playoff game coming up, and if you can actually look at Rodgers with out the bitterness, and hatred you might be able to post again.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Fine, name 5 games where Aaron won the game on the final play or drive. If you can do that I'll say he's a great QB and shut up about how he sucks in this situation. I say 5 because I can name 4 of Brett's and everyone here claims he's sooooooooooooo much better than Brett.

Ready!

GO!

I don't believe you will ever shut up, except when you are banned.

And of course you can name four of Brett's clutch performances. I can, too, off the top of my head. He's had 20 seasons of games and was brilliant many times. No one is arguing that he is a future HOFer.

Aaron has had only three seasons, so coming up with clutch performances is a bit more challenging as there are fewer games to study. However, I can find a few-- here are some nice examples of when Aaron himself, imo, gave clutch performances. Note that I do not define clutch as just "scoring on last drive of the game". I look at the whole game, but with more emphasis on the last quarter.

#1 9/8/08 In his first start, Rodgers beats Minnesota. Rather than recap it myself, here is the text from an AP writer: "And Aaron Rodgers added a few things Brett Favre rarely did in his final few years in Green Bay on Monday night, scrambling for first downs and plunging into the end zone on a quarterback sneak to clinch a 24-19 victory over the Minnesota Vikings." Sounds clutch to me.

#2 11/30/08 Rodgers leads the Packers on a 16 play, 79 yard drive that ends with a FG to go up 31-28 on the Panthers with 1:57 left in the game. However, poor ST and DEF combined yields a TD to Carolina in only 27 seconds. In desperation and on his last play of the game, Rodgers throws an INT. Up until that point, he was 298 yards and 3 TDs with no turnovers. Sounds clutch to me, despite the team collapse at the end.

#3 12/22/08 Rodgers gets the Packers to within FG range and, with less than a minute to go in the game, Crosby's 38 yard attempt is blocked and the score remains tied. Chicago goes on to win in OT. Sounds clutch to me, despite the rare low blockable kick from Crosby.

#4 9/13/09 Rodgers throws a 50 yard strike to Jennings to beat the Bears 21-15 with 1:13 seconds left in the game. The DEF and ST teams hang tough and the win is preserved.

#5 12/13/09 In a must-win game, Rodgers only throws for 180 yards, but is error free and guides the Packers for the winning TD (a run by Grant) in Chicago with 12:41 to go in 4th quarter.

#6 12/20/09 Rodgers throws a 24 yard strike to Jones with 2:07 remaining to go up on the Steelers 36-30. Unfortunately, the Defense collapses and the Steelers score a TD on the last play of the game to win.

#7 1/10/09 Rodgers guides a clutch drive and throws an 11 yard TD pass to Havner with 1:53 left in regulation to tie the Cards in a playoff shootout. Rodgers fumbles in OT to lose the game after being facemasked all the way to the ground. Rodgers finishes the game with 423 yards, 4 TDS, 1 INT.

#8 11/28/10 Rodgers guides a clutch drive in Atlanta and throws an 11 yard TD pass to Nelson with 0:56 seconds left to tie the game. However, bad ST and DEF play allowed the winning FG with 0:13 seconds left.

#9 12/26/10 In a must-win game, Rodgers dominates the Giants with a 404 yard, 4 TD, 0 INT or fumble game. Rodgers is mentioned as being "clutch" in many news articles. I agree, despite the lack of any need for last minute heroics.

And one last thing: You repeatedly point to the Arizona loss as being an example of Rodgers not being clutch. My goodness-- he was awesome (as was Warner): 423 yards, 4 TDs, 1 INT, 1 TD running, and a rating of 121.3. I wouldn't be upset with his play even if he HAD fumbled on his own (no facemask to assist it). It happens. Heck, I'll take that QB any time and any day.

And, yes, I believe Rodgers will guide the Packers to a SB in the future. Brett won't, btw. :happy0005:

Members online

Latest posts