Divisional round: Seattle at Green Bay - payback time

JimWB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spank the hawks, and then Spank the 9ers. HATE HATE the niners.
You're correct. The Vikes have no chance of beating the 49ers on the road, UNLESS San Francisco is overconfident and looks ahead. If the Vikes make it to Lambeau, we know the Pack will already have packed their bags for Miami.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're correct. The Vikes have no chance of beating the 49ers on the road, UNLESS San Francisco is overconfident and looks ahead. If the Vikes make it to Lambeau, we know the Pack will already have packed their bags for Miami.

Honestly, I place just a tad bit more likelihood the 49ers are slam dunk winners than I did the Saints at home........which well...

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, "any given Sunday" doesnt factor in. Damn the luck, playing on Saturday and all.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Just about everyone in the universe said the same thing about the Vikings chance of going to the Super Dome and beating the Saints. The following post most certainly applies in every NFL game that's ever been played, especially playoff games:
Yeah, "any given Sunday" doesnt factor in. Damn the luck, playing on Saturday and all.
….or Saturday :p

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If MN can limit the big plays on the back end I give them a pretty decent shot in this game too. With Cook and Thielen healthy, they can score points to stay with anyone.

Reaction score
I blame myself, I said we don't need to relive the 2014 game, and then everyone must have thought I said "please, lets rehash that miserable game and feel the pain all over again"
Please No! :eek:
I got a feeling here.
That game was at Seattle.
This game is at Lambeau

Shortly after the game MM lost his brother to a heart attack (terrible and sorrowful situation)
Shortly before this game MM was offered a HC job in Dallas (awesome and joyful situation)

So far this has been the inverse of our last meeting. Let’s hope it’s also the inverse result......God Willing..
A big GB Win that’s not even close.

TylerD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Big Seahawks fan here, and I just wanted to stop by and say good luck! :) It should be a heck of a game..... Hopefully.... Seattle will definitely need to put up more than 17 points if they want to have a chance in this. Hope we have some friendly banter this week! I also respect the hell out of the Packers and their orginization.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If MN can limit the big plays on the back end I give them a pretty decent shot in this game too. With Cook and Thielen healthy, they can score points to stay with anyone.

Minnesota has good receivers, a good RB, a good DL and some impact players in the secondary and LB crew. They're a tough, tough, team to beat.

San Francisco is better though.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Big Seahawks fan here, and I just wanted to stop by and say good luck! :) It should be a heck of a game..... Hopefully.... Seattle will definitely need to put up more than 17 points if they want to have a chance in this. Hope we have some friendly banter this week! I also respect the hell out of the Packers and their orginization.
Welcome aboard, TylerD! There'll be no shortage of friendly banter and analysis from this group. I wasn't very nervous about this matchup until last night... it appears that the "light has come on" for D.K. who will be a stud for years to come for you.

Reaction score
Minnesota has good receivers, a good RB, a good DL and some impact players in the secondary and LB crew. They're a tough, tough, team to beat.

San Francisco is better though.
What we found out about MN is their Defense is still a major factor. Holding a potent Saints Offense to 20 points in NO was impressive (3 points of which came the last play of regulation) The Vikings may not stop the 49ers, but their D will certainly slow them down. MN is the best remaining Defense in the NFC

Much will depend on Cousins ability to avert a formidable pass rush.SF is similar to GB in that they can collapse the pocket. They held Rodgers to 81 passing yards all day. That speaks to the ability of the 49ers pass rush and secondary.

That said IF GB advances and goes up against the 49ers, I think that contest will be much, much closer.

Last edited:

isocleas2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking at the matchups today and I'm feeling pretty confident in the Packers winning this.

The Packers struggle against teams with good running games who force them to play base packages, which are then exploited by receiving tight ends or receivers who can win deep. The Seahawks dont fit that bill, sure they have a deep ball receiver but without a running game the packers will just sit in nickel.

Offensively I dont think the Packers will put up 30 pts but the Seahawks defense isnt very scary, i expect similar results as the week 16 game against Minnesota (minus the turnovers). Alot of **** and dunk time of possession style offense.

TylerD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, TylerD! There'll be no shortage of friendly banter and analysis from this group. I wasn't very nervous about this matchup until last night... it appears that the "light has come on" for D.K. who will be a stud for years to come for you.
Thank you Pkrjones! Glad to be here, and D.K. has definitely been fantastic for us! We were all bummed about the news of Doug Baldwin's career (great receiver, and person) D.K. has definitely filled that void! The Packers defense down the stretch looked very legit which scares me. If Rodgers plays like he is capable of, and that Packers defense comes to play the Hawks are in tough. It should be a great game as they always are! It's funny the 03 playoffs where we lost to the Packers is actually what made me a Seahawks fan lol.

TylerD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking at the matchups today and I'm feeling pretty confident in the Packers winning this.

The Packers struggle against teams with good running games who force them to play base packages, which are then exploited by receiving tight ends or receivers who can win deep. The Seahawks dont fit that bill, sure they have a deep ball receiver but without a running game the packers will just sit in nickel.

Offensively I dont think the Packers will put up 30 pts but the Seahawks defense isnt very scary, i expect similar results as the week 16 game against Minnesota (minus the turnovers). Alot of **** and dunk time of possession style offense.
Ya, unfortunately for us the defense has been wildly inconsistent this year, and it's hard to know which defense will show up. The running game was also garbage last night against the Eagles. If that exact team shows up against the Packers it's a loss for us for sure.

Reaction score
Ya, unfortunately for us the defense has been wildly inconsistent this year, and it's hard to know which defense will show up. The running game was also garbage last night against the Eagles. If that exact team shows up against the Packers it's a loss for us for sure.
Don’t count yourself out Tyler! GB may resign Eddie Lacy :whistling:

TylerD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don’t count yourself out Tyler! GB may resign Eddie Lacy :whistling:
Seriously? I haven't heard any news on him since the Ravens brought him in for a workout a few months ago lol. I mean..... He might be decent.... lol

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

GREEN BAY IS ABOUT TO OPEN UP A 55 GALLON DRUM OF A%$ WHUPPIN' AND EMPTY IT OUT FASTER THAN YOU CAN SAY, “BULL BUTTER.”

-roy d mercer-

BTW...welcome! if you never heard of roy d mercer pranks, they are funny as hell.

Just curious which of our D will show up this game... hopefully the 55 gallon drum of a&& whuppin'.

TylerD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GREEN BAY IS ABOUT TO OPEN UP A 55 GALLON DRUM OF A%$ WHUPPIN' AND EMPTY IT OUT FASTER THAN YOU CAN SAY, “BULL BUTTER.”

-roy d mercer-

BTW...welcome! if you never heard of roy d mercer pranks, they are funny as hell.

Just curious which of our D will show up this game... hopefully the 55 gallon drum of a&& whuppin'.
Lol, I will look into him! And thank you for the welcome! :)

I am also curious about Seattle's defense, it's been wildly inconsistent this year.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the wild card round, three of the four road teams won. I don't know the stats, but it seems like this is fairly common - the road teams win in the wild card round, but then the home teams win in the divisional round.

We appear to be more vulnerable than a lot of bye teams, but we still won 13 games. We might have caught a break with New Orleans losing (although the Saints didn't look that great yesterday). But can't overlook Seattle either, even though they're banged up. Some of those throws Russel Wilson was making yesterday were crazy, he's a scary dude. I kept thinking "Hey, that's what Rodgers was trying to do, but he overthrew the receiver." and that type of thing.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings are playing with a lot of "house money" right now though, an upset is possible.

I mean at the skill positions they're LOADED... i mean Dalvin Cook, Adam Thielen, Stefon Diggs, Kyle Rudolph...

I wouldn't be too suprised if they just come out super aggressive and beat them

...but then of course Kirk Cousins is their quarterback so....

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Packers that did not practice on their extra practice day:

WR Allen Lazard FB Danny Vitale G Elgton Jenkins TE Robert Tonyan --> Sounds like Jenkins is sick, not injured. Lazard is the name to watch closely.

Three OL returned: Linsley (back) Bulaga (concussion) Bakhtiari (illness)

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Put house on DK because DK doesnt have a huge route tree, double crockett with jaire and a saftery over the top. Make russel go to a 3 read by that time those smith brothas should have the sack lol.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Put house on DK because DK doesnt have a huge route tree, double crockett with jaire and a saftery over the top. Make russel go to a 3 read by that time those smith brothas should have the sack lol.

Um.....who?

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We appear to be more vulnerable than a lot of bye teams, but we still won 13 games.

Not to downplay our own team, but the only team we beat with a winning record are the Vikings (Chiefs too but then they didn't have Mahimes). Lost to Eagles and 49ers who have winning records.

Members online