Divisional Round: Rams at Packers on the frozen tundra (Sat, 1/16 @4:35pm)

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I'm MVS I'm licking my chops, I truly feel he's gonna get 2 to 3 deep chances against this Rams coverage and attention Adams may no doubt draw. Gonna start praying now he watches it in and secures the chances.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, you're obviously a thinking man. I am not sure that LeFluer and staff are going to go to that level, but who knows!

I guarantee the staff has went to that level and further to garner any and all intel advantage they can from their defensive tendencies.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I'm MVS I'm licking my chops, I truly feel he's gonna get 2 to 3 deep chances against this Rams coverage and attention Adams may no doubt draw. Gonna start praying now he watches it in and secures the chances.
I believe he will also. Hopefully he can concentrate on making the catch. I was thinking that a nice ploy would be to have MVS line up medium wide, Adams motions to the slot on the same side. MVS fakes the long and goes medium and Adams goes long. Simplistic I know. The idea being that MVS gets the deep safety to go his way (no matter where they line up).

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rams injury report: DT Aaron Donald (Ribs) did not participate, QB John Wolford (Neck) did not participate, QB Jared Goff (Thumb) full participation.

Favre4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Goff plays then we win with ease, but if Wolford starts then I'm a touch nervous about this game. He runs that offense well and McVay has trust in him unlike he does with Goff. As a Wake Forest fan I had the privilege of watching Wolford play for 4 years in person. Nothing phases that guy. He played on some brutal teams his first 2 years at Wake and took a beating that would kill most human beings. What happened last week to him was mostly bad luck in my opinion. He scares me way more than Goff with his athleticism and extending plays (unlike Goff) and there isn't much film on him. Anyways, Go Pack Go!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If Goff plays then we win with ease, but if Wolford starts then I'm a touch nervous about this game.

I'm the exact opposite. Bring on Wolford! No matter what QB plays though, the key to winning is figuring out the Rams defense and NOT turning the ball over. I think we will need at least 24 points to win if Goff plays and I don't think there is much doubt that he will.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bring on Goff. I'm afraid Wolford would be another in the long line of nobody QBs who has a career day against us.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Veldheer has COVID and just practiced with the team.

This could be an absolute disaster

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Was going to say last week. The one opponent I don't want to face is COVID, but figured that was obvious. Let's hope bringing him here didn't infect other teammates.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We’re remarkably healthy and have better overall talent, especially at the QB position. If the team is focused and the coaches manage the game, I expect a blowout in the 35-17 range.

A blowout? I have a feeling this game is going to be closer than you think. Aaron Donald has torn cartilage in his ribs and he is gonna feel it playing in low 30° temps. Their offense isn't as potent as the other playoff teams still going. Goff is playing with a broken thumb. We took care of Henry so we have to have a repeat of that against Akers. If we don't screw up with costly penalties and turnovers and the line allows Rodgers and friends to do their thing we'll be victorious

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Donald has torn cartilage in his ribs and he is gonna feel it playing in low 30° temps.
How much will he feel when they shoot that area up with painkillers? I'm wondering.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Is it just me or is every Packer fan and probably the whole organization holding their collective breaths over the next several days to hopefully hear that Veldheer was the only positive case?

Speaking of, does anyone know when they publicly release COVID results each day?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How much will he feel when they shoot that area up with painkillers? I'm wondering.
he'll know it's there, but I doubt enough to care. He'll know when the game is over though, he won't feel good. the best way to make it hurt more is to get a lead and keep them on the field drive after drive and let the sun go down and get a bit colder.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why in the world would allow a player just brought in from another team to practice until you were sure he didn't have the virus??? :confused::tdown:

I read that he didn't practice with the team because of the test. Everyone else cleared contact tracing so they won't have to sit just because they were close to him. That doesn't mean they can't still test positive on their own.

According to another article I read he said was pain free at their Wednesday practice.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I read that he didn't practice with the team because of the test. Everyone else cleared contact tracing so they won't have to sit just because they were close to him. That doesn't mean they can't still test positive on their own.

I could be wrong, but I thought I read that Veldheer practiced fully with the team on Tuesday and they found out Wednesday morning he tested positive. If that is the case and he actually has the virus, I would be nervous about others potentially testing positive in the coming week.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Interesting note.

Just noticed, the Packers got smart and put both a P and a K on the Practice squad. I never understood why they didn't do this from day #1 this season. Had either Crosby or Scott tested positive for COVID right after the window that they could still add a new player for the game day roster, they wouldn't have had a P or a K for that next game.

JJ Molson: K (signed Dec. 22, 2020)

Ryan Winslow: P (signed Dec. 26, 2020)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
wolford is "out."

No surprise there at all. Even if Wolford was able to play, I doubt he would have started. Blake Bortles is probably about up to speed now, so he will back up Goff. Bortles signed with the Rams at the end of Dec. but had been on the team all of 2019, so guessing it didn't take much to get him ready.

Members online

Latest posts