Divisional Round: Rams at Packers on the frozen tundra (Sat, 1/16 @4:35pm)

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We get the 3:30 slot, which would be the warmest time of the day, potentially minimizing the HFA.

Then if we win, we will face Tom Brady again. Brady has never lost to the same team 3 times in one season, so they will probably beat the Saints.

Last edited:

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We get the 3:30 slot, which would be the warmest time of the day, potentially minimizing the HFA.

Then if we win, we will face Tom Brady again. Brady has never lost to the same team 3 times in one season, so they will probably beat the Saints.
He's never had to face a team as good as the Saints 3 times in a season either so it's no given that he will win and I think it's probably more likely NO wins honestly

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, bad time for Bakht to be hurt. Not sure in Donald's status too.

Hopefully, the O-line can adjust to this loss. I think the Lambs will be be a good starter next weekend.The thought of Tampa right off of a bye week was a little scary.

10 years since the last one, and I'm getting a good vibes from Mr.Rodgers this season.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Coming from the same logic that brought you "We'll be playing TB first cause there's no way any of the low seeds are winning in the Wild Card round"

You really would think at a certain point people would learn not to talk in absolutes regarding the NFL POs but alas it seems here we are again

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's never had to face a team as good as the Saints 3 times in a season either so it's no given that he will win and I think it's probably more likely NO wins honestly
I have been a suffering Pats hater (more of a disliker) for years. The Saints did look awesome today. Who did they play? The Bears, and it was actually fairly close. Tom Brady getting beat 3 times in a row. I'm betting against that next weekend. Third time will probably be the charm for a determined Tom Brady. Whether it's the Bucs or the Saints in two weeks, they're gonna be chilled in Green Bay.

D

Deleted member 6794

Brady has only faced an opponent three times a season twice in his career. On both occasions the Patriots split the regular season with those teams while going 1-1 in the playoffs in those cases.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have enough to worry about in the Rams, and neither TB or the Saints have looked unbeatable this year and especially not this past weekend.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was TB the best D we've faced this season?

I predict at least 3 TD for Bob Tonyan vs Rams.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Rams have only given up 28+ points three times this season, and once (Miami) it was a fluke, involving 14 points being scored by the opposing DEF/ST.

They do not give up big plays. The teams that have found the most success seem to be those that have been willing to be methodical and go on long scoring drives.

The Packers' offense is the best in the NFL at creating points with long drives. But they will need to be patient. Scores may be punctuated by a punt or two.

It will come down to the defense and special teams, in my opinion. The defense will need to keep the Rams from building a lead. Because if Green Bay is down and forced to throw downfield consistently, LA will feast. And Special Teams can't spot them points.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
As an aside, I thought that Rams/Seahawks game yesterday demonstrated just how overrated the Hawks have been all season. Their offense is a mess lately and their defense is just OK.

Also I believe that the Rams first 6 passes were all into Jamal Adams' coverage, and they completed something like 4 for 78. Trading two 1st round picks for that guy is one of the dumber things I've seen a team do for a while (excluding Bill O'Brien moves).

I know Schneider has had a lot of success there, record wise, but he does a lot of stupid stuff, personnel wise.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I think we match up well against them. It's strength against strength while we have more ability to attack their weaknesses. Yes Ramsey should cancel out Adams, but Lazard and Tonyan have shown that they can carry the passing game in the past. The deep threat of MVS should keep the safeties off of them.

Donald might be the best IDL in the league, but we have a damned good interior O-line with all pro corey linsley and pro bowl selected Elgton Jenkins. Patrick at right guard is no slouch either. Even healthy I wouldnt expect Donald to run wild, with him being hurt I think the Packers should test that front early. Give that interior DL a dose of Dillon and see how they hold up.

If this team doesnt show up with the focus and intensity of an August scrimmage it should win by 2+ scores.

Last edited:

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Aaron Donald expected to play with torn cartilage in ribs. Viewpoint from an athletic trainer- Would I allow one of my athletes to play with torn rib cartilage in a playoff game? Absolutely! If that player can deal with the pain, there is no reason why they cannot play. However, making tackles, in 25 degrees with that injury will be brutal for Donald. He is the best defensive player of the decade (in my opinion) and can overcome, but he will NOT be 100%.
Not having dbakh will hurt us against this DL, but potentially not as much as you would expect. The Bears DL was almost silent against this OL.

The matchup to watch here is Adams vs. Ramsey. The Rams defense has only given up 17 passing TDs all year. Davante Adams himself has had 18. I do not expect Adams to have a big game at all. MLF should use Adams as a dummy to get Ramsey out of the play. Rodgers rolls right, DA should run a post left, etc. That means everyone else needs to be perfect. Rodgers needs to throw the ball perfect. Lazard, MVS, EQ, Tonyan, Lewis, Jones, Williams need to catch every perfectly thrown ball. We also need to secure the edge to establish the run.

The Rams offense scares no one. Honestly, I think that if every player on that offense plays the best game of their life, the Packers defense will still be decent against them. The matchup of the weekend is Packers offense vs. Rams defense. This one scares me guys!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the most important thing to take care of is Akers. So Barnes and Kirksey/Martin need to have good games.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Seahawks haven't had much of an offensive line for years, which is what makes Wilson look good at times because he has to keep pulling rabbits out of his hat.

I'm with easyk, I think that we have a good o-line to match up with their d-line. The Bears were a good test of how we handle tough defenses. The Bears were stout against the Saints as well, but just couldn't score points of their own. I am looking forward to this game and wish that I could be at Lambeau.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
6,000 fans are expected to be allowed in stadium. Should give a extra boost for players having fans there.

MvS pace could tie up Ramey and open up space for Adams.

I really expect MvS and Tonyan to make the difference in this game.

CheckDown81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s going to be all about the offensive line for the Packers. If they block and Rodgers has time to throw/create, it’s going to be lights out for the Rams. Their offense won’t be able to keep up.

With the being said, the offense has to get real creative and keep the Rams on their toes. A nice mix of Jones and Tonyan with a scoop of Lazard and MVS, who hopefully will bring his hands with him on Saturday should be enough to confuse the Rams defense then hit them with Adams when they least expect it.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Akers + a strong defense is the combination that can beat Rodgers and the Packers. They'll have to play turnover free football to win, IMO. I'd like to see how Dillon does in the cold against them, beat up that strong front more than Jones or Jamaal can and use our play action to open up the pass. Should be a good game, probably a 60% chance we win it.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
can't believe the NFL didn't screw the Packers with an even more frigid night game. lol
rams get a short week with cold weather and travel. the bumps, bruises, thumbs, ribs, and knees will hurt a little more in those conditions. keys to the game? all the usual Packers cliched stuff...
on D the Packers have to stop the run. Goff can pick them apart if they play off too much. got to tighten that up. tackles have to be made. a couple of turnovers created would be nice.
on O Rodgers has to be quick and on time. balls have to be caught. tackles have to be broken. don't hang our D out to dry. sustain and finish drives!
on ST Crosby has to remain perfect on FG's and get better on PAT's. no mistakes by our guys. be competent at the very least.

this game, if they make it through it, could be very well be the tougher compared to who they meet in the NFCCG. the rams D will be the toughest they've seen yet this season.

Members online

Latest posts