Division round vs Niners 7:15 Saturday LFT

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Outside of Cobb, I'm also starting to doubt we get anybody back. And even if we do, how effective are they going to be?
It'd be better to bring them back as early as possible, instead of holding them back until the Super Bowl. How effective would they be if that's their first game back?

D

Deleted member 6794

I actually think the one he made in Cincy in OT was better. After a day of misses, I doubt many thought he would make that 49 yarder to win the game. He also had a kick not to long ago, where if you watch him carefully, he had to adjust to a bad snap/hold, yet he still got the kick off and it was good.

Yeah, there's a point to be made those two plays were better than the one in San Francisco.

Taysom Hill was undrafted. The reason that the league/player union won't agree to such an arrangement is for the Taysom Hill example... GB was hoping to slide him onto the PS where he would've only made $7,200/game ($122,400/yr). Instead he was on NO's 53 where he made $38,400/game ($615k/yr). Any agreement would come with a hefty price tag to boost the overall earnings by the lower-end players.

I don't think the union would be opposed to it. In the end there will be exactly the same amount of players on an active roster in the league.

All depends. What did you hear MLF say?

I thought I heard Bahk didn't practice Tuesday due to "load management" and he was limited yesterday. If not practicing today means MLF lied, I don't know.

Jaire was limited on both days, what was his listing for today?

Maybe MLF didn't lie to the media on Tuesday but he definitely bend the truth to some degree.

Alexander was limited at practice yesterday as well.

I wouldn't have a problem with it even if he did; he can yank us fans around all he wants as far as I'm concerned, as long as it means he's yanking Shanahan around in the process. I don't take it personally. The man's got a football game to win, and some parts of the game start long before the kickoff. In fact, I kinda hope he is lying as much as he can get away with.

But in fairness to the man, he may genuinely not have known. The trainers and medical staff are evaluating these guys thoroughly several times a day at this point, and it could easily be that the knee started to swell and feel sore a few hours after the last workout, or whatever. The situation really can change hour by hour. There's probably a pretty good chance even LaFleur doesn't have any real idea right now which of these guys will be on the field Saturday.

I'm in favor of MLF not revealing any secrets in a press conference as well but my point was that Bakhtiari not being able to practice on Tuesday should have been concerning despite what the head coach told the press.

Reaction score
I love how most of us are almost afraid to feel like we will/should win this game tomorrow. A lot from what I have read seems like we don't want to get too confident. I know the past is the past but the scars from those losses to this team still linger. I hate that we have to play the 49ers. But beating them will help me heal and move on. It's the only way.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how most of us are almost afraid to feel like we will/should win this game tomorrow. A lot from what I have read seems like we don't want to get too confident. I know the past is the past but the scars from those losses to this team still linger. I hate that we have to play the 49ers. But beating them will help me heal and move on. It's the only way.

I am not a big better, but I have put down more money on this game and a Packers win than any other single bet OTHER than predicting Niners victory last week. I fully expect Green Bay to win - I don't necessarily believe it is going to be easy, but unlike some I don't care if its ugly or leaves scars - just let me look at a score when no time is left that shows our number bigger than their number. GREEN. GOLD. TOGETHER.

GO PACK GO!

Reaction score
I am not a big better, but I have put down more money on this game and a Packers win than any other single bet OTHER than predicting Niners victory last week. I fully expect Green Bay to win - I don't necessarily believe it is going to be easy, but unlike some I don't care if its ugly or leaves scars - just let me look at a score when no time is left that shows our number bigger than their number. GREEN. GOLD. TOGETHER.

GO PACK GO!
Yep it's time to put up or shut up. Let's get it!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't feel all that confident. The 49s can play really tough football. Dallas almost caught up to them but that early lead was too much. Outside of turnovers, big plays or ST blunders it obviously comes down to moving the ball and stopping the run. I'm looking forward to the game.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As of Friday AM SF's injury list shows Garropolo & Warner w/ no injury designation. Bosa, DE Jordan Willis and CB Ambry Thomas as questionable.

Both teams are being coy with their disclosures on who's in/out... I'm guessing most will be "game time decisions" just to keep the shenanigans going.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
just to keep the shenanigans going.
One of my favorite words. :)

Best use of it, was in the movie "Juno".

Vanessa Loring: Your parents are probably wondering where you are.
Juno MacGuff: Nah. . .I mean, I’m already pregnant, so what other kind of shenanigans could I get into?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody believes me, but the Packers are going to wait until the deadline to do it and then all these guys will be on the roster and playing Saturday. When Gute makes the call to the NFL to make the moves he will be mumbling "ha...don't give us a Bosa update will ya, we'll how do you like THESE apples?"

Makes sense. Football is a multidimentional chess game on steroids. Any edge a team can get they will explore and exploit including psychological.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't feel all that confident. The 49s can play really tough football. Dallas almost caught up to them but that early lead was too much. Outside of turnovers, big plays or ST blunders it obviously comes down to moving the ball and stopping the run. I'm looking forward to the game.
I think Savage needs to watch out for the play-action pass and this is were Niners will try to take advantage of us in secondary in anticipation of the run.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Makes sense. Football is a multidimentional chess game on steroids. Any edge a team can get they will explore and exploit including psychological.
I know that teams must follow NFL protocols when it comes to reporting injuries, but I can see the advantage of only reporting what you have to. I doubt in any battles did a General send the opposing general a list of all the injured soldiers, as well as who will and won't be armed.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
C'mon Packers, let's do this AGAIN!!! (in honor of my favorite comedian :( )
Never saw that one, thanks for sharing. The world got a little less funny when Farley passed. :(

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C'mon Packers, let's do this AGAIN!!! (in honor of my favorite comedian :( )
Among the last of the cast on SNL that was funny. Got couple of his movies with Spade. Just imagine if he was on Grown Ups. Was heart breaking watching that one without him.

ctfxcwatcher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just think fans are tired of feeling like they should win or it should be our year only to keep getting hurt again. It's like being in a relationship at this point. Packer fans just want to protect their hearts. This is another reason why we will probably never reach the cowboys fanbase of delusion and arrogance and we won't be a much hated fanbase like theirs(atleast outside of the NFC North lol). Unlike them, we are self aware.

Reaction score
Nobody believes me, but the Packers are going to wait until the deadline to do it and then all these guys will be on the roster and playing Saturday. When Gute makes the call to the NFL to make the moves he will be mumbling "ha...don't give us a Bosa update will ya, we'll how do you like THESE apples?"

That’s what I’d do. I’m dropping a media bomb with the activation of each player leading up to the game.
Or drop all the names to the media at 1 time. Like a Nuke.

Oh. Then I’m sending those returning out of the tunnel first by least time missed.
1 by 1 about 10 sec apart.
Let’s get this stadium rumbling!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
It’s understandable. We’re kinda bracing ourselves and such.
If we go back and look those prior 49ers Offenses were a notch up over their 2021-22 team overall. That’s not to say this 2021 SF team is not good, just not at those levels.
Meanwhile I feel like we’re a smidge better overall including coaching also.

Dang it! Let’s win this one for Chris Farley! I miss that guy

Last edited:
Reaction score
Saw some person tweet out something like most analysts are like "I am going to talk for 30 minutes about how the 49ers can beat the brakes off the Packers on every part of the field. *30 minutes pass*. That being said give me the Packers to win this one." TV personalities kill me.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts