Division round vs Niners 7:15 Saturday LFT

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Taysom Hill was undrafted. The reason that the league/player union won't agree to such an arrangement is for the Taysom Hill example... GB was hoping to slide him onto the PS where he would've only made $7,200/game ($122,400/yr). Instead he was on NO's 53 where he made $38,400/game ($615k/yr). Any agreement would come with a hefty price tag to boost the overall earnings by the lower-end players.

Yeah if implemented those pegged with that "classification" I'd expect would have to retain a cap hit or contract like they're on the 53 - that would be how you get the union on board. Taysom wouldn't qualify under my proposal as you identified he wasn't drafted.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Taysom Hill was undrafted. The reason that the league/player union won't agree to such an arrangement is for the Taysom Hill example... GB was hoping to slide him onto the PS where he would've only made $7,200/game ($122,400/yr). Instead he was on NO's 53 where he made $38,400/game ($615k/yr). Any agreement would come with a hefty price tag to boost the overall earnings by the lower-end players.
A player such as Hill on the 53 probably replaces a 1st or 2nd year player if not a journeyman vet that makes quite a bit more.

D

Deleted member 6794

Ryan Wood reports that Bakhtiari isn't practicing today. Is it now OK to doubt that MLF told the media the truth on Tuesday???

In addition MVS wasn't participating either.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Ryan Wood reports that Bakhtiari isn't practicing today. Is it now OK to doubt that MLF told the media the truth on Tuesday???

All depends. What did you hear MLF say?

I thought I heard Bahk didn't practice Tuesday due to "load management" and he was limited yesterday. If not practicing today means MLF lied, I don't know.

Jaire was limited on both days, what was his listing for today?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Not trying to be funny but that would be grounds for “cancellation” of the professor if you’re a minority.
We were getting drunk in 1981 and I was a non-traditional student who tested out of 2 years. Good guy who did a dandy JFK impression. All was good in an entirely different era.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think the Packers win this but it will be dicey as 90% of their game are lol. i think it hangs on our willingness and ability to run the ball. small ball. take a shot if the wind allows it. give me a bunch of indoor road games, where they can play at 100% of their talents, than a bunch of bad weather games. like 2010 but that's just me. playing in the cold really hasn't proven to be an advantage for GB.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lafleur said at his press conference that Bakhtiari and Alexander are questionable. MVS is doubtful.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Just started watching the Sept. 26th game with the 9'ers. The Packers offensive line consisted of Nijman, Runyan, Myers, Newman and Turner. So even if Bahk doesn't play, the OL will be improved with the addition of Patrick and removing Newman. Adding Bahk should strengthen it even further. Also, the 49'ers only sacked Rodgers once that game.

Reaction score
Just started watching the Sept. 26th game with the 9'ers. The Packers offensive line consisted of Nijman, Runyan, Myers, Newman and Turner. So even if Bahk doesn't play, the OL will be improved with the addition of Patrick and removing Newman. Adding Bahk should strengthen it even further. Also, the 49'ers only sacked Rodgers once that game.
The Packers are a severe level threat to any team they play this season. That status doesn’t change until proven otherwise. Any player at any position we get back off season ending IR (just messing with you Captain!) only increases the odds that we will improve more.
There’s a ~65% Chance we beat SF @ Lambeau with our last starting lineup. Each starting caliber player added to that only raises that % higher

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see Cobb has been activated off IR… not really a surprise but… unless i’m mistaken Zadarius and Mercilus are still on IR… I’m starting to think some of these guys may still be sitting this one out.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they have until tomorrow to be activated.
In other news Keke claimed by Texans

Reaction score
I see Cobb has been activated off IR… not really a surprise but… unless i’m mistaken Zadarius and Mercilus are still on IR… I’m starting to think some of these guys may still be sitting this one out.
I do remember Cobb was one of the first of that group coming back. So naturally his 21 day window was up today and thus forcing us to decision him.
Just a guess (not that everyone is ready to go) but I think we’re playing a game of “keep away” with player information. MLF and Shanahan do this little dance back n forth.
Also there is no reason to activate the player until the last minute. It ensures that we get a good look at said players after them being out for substantial time. I’m pretty sure you’ll see others status change over the next 48 hours. Just my guess though

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do remember Cobb was one of the first of that group coming back. So naturally his 21 day window was up today and thus forcing us to decision him.
Just a guess (not that everyone is ready to go) but I think we’re playing a game of “keep away” with player information. MLF and Shanahan do this little dance back n forth.
Also there is no reason to activate the player until the last minute. It ensures that we get a good look at said players after them being out for substantial time. I’m pretty sure you’ll see others status change over the next 48 hours. Just my guess though
I think you're right on that..maybe the only get Z or Whitney back..hopefully Jaire and Bakhtiari.

Reaction score
I think you're right on that..maybe the only get Z or Whitney back..hopefully Jaire and Bakhtiari.
Yeah. Likely 2-3 of that grouping. Which is reasonable. Then maybe another next week etc..

I’ll be interesting. You just know that part of this was planned. It’s such a psychological roller coaster. If it’s playing with us as fans..
what’s it doing to the competition!?!

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Outside of Cobb, I'm also starting to doubt we get anybody back. And even if we do, how effective are they going to be?

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are a severe level threat to any team they play this season. That status doesn’t change until proven otherwise. Any player at any position we get back off season ending IR (just messing with you Captain!) only increases the odds that we will improve more.
There’s a ~65% Chance we beat SF @ Lambeau with our last starting lineup. Each starting caliber player added to that only raises that % higher
Right on man.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't Jaire supposed to play week 17 if not for getting covid the week before? So I wonder why he wouldn't be back after two more weeks of rest.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Outside of Cobb, I'm also starting to doubt we get anybody back. And even if we do, how effective are they going to be?
We know that Bak and Jaire are questionable which tells me they are experiencing problems with the knee and shoulder respectively. We have no idea if Z's back is bothering him, I suspect it is. We also don't know how Mercilus's bicep is holding up. At least we have Cobb back. MVS's back isn't getting any better it seems.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't Jaire supposed to play week 17 if not for getting covid the week before? So I wonder why he wouldn't be back after two more weeks of rest.
I'm thinking he tested the shoulder and it didn't go well.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Nobody believes me, but the Packers are going to wait until the deadline to do it and then all these guys will be on the roster and playing Saturday. When Gute makes the call to the NFL to make the moves he will be mumbling "ha...don't give us a Bosa update will ya, we'll how do you like THESE apples?"

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody believes me, but the Packers are going to wait until the deadline to do it and then all these guys will be on the roster and playing Saturday. When Gute makes the call to the NFL to make the moves he will be mumbling "ha...don't give us a Bosa update will ya, we'll how do you like THESE apples?"

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Yeah..could be toying with that **** Shanahan

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I wouldn't have a problem with it even if he did; he can yank us fans around all he wants as far as I'm concerned, as long as it means he's yanking Shanahan around in the process. I don't take it personally. The man's got a football game to win, and some parts of the game start long before the kickoff. In fact, I kinda hope he is lying as much as he can get away with.

But in fairness to the man, he may genuinely not have known. The trainers and medical staff are evaluating these guys thoroughly several times a day at this point, and it could easily be that the knee started to swell and feel sore a few hours after the last workout, or whatever. The situation really can change hour by hour. There's probably a pretty good chance even LaFleur doesn't have any real idea right now which of these guys will be on the field Saturday.

I know that on the one hand, we don't want the players or coaches to be looking beyond the next game in most ways, but at the same time they really have to. If someone as important as Bak is really questionable, maybe "better safe than sorry" is the right call. Assuming they do beat the Niners, the two games after that are probably going to be increasingly tougher. We'll need him a lot more badly in those games, and if one more week of "easy does it" makes that more likely, then I'm comfortable with sitting him out Saturday.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt they released him because they have someone better to take his place. Must have been an off the field thing.

It apparently is an ongoing personal issue of some sort. This quoted paragraph here refers to the week between Christmas and New Year, at a time when LaFleur was refusing to discuss why Keke was not on the field...

Asked about Keke a short time later, nose tackle Kenny Clark said he had a long discussion with his teammate but wouldn’t reveal what was said. Clark said he was confident that Keke would be a productive player from that point on.

So whatever happened has been happening for about the last month, maybe even longer. I'm sure we'll find out eventually what the deal was; these things never stay a secret forever. All we know right now is he's gone, and his future is in Texas.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts