Dion Jordan

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8384/dion-jordan

I know that trading a draft pick would go against every single fiber of Ted Thompsons being and more then likely will not happen but would he be a viable option opposite Clay? I'm not even sure what it would take to get him. The story talks about a 2nd round pick, would that be enough?

Would anybody be interested in him?

D

Deleted member 6794

I know that trading a draft pick would go against every single fiber of Ted Thompsons being and more then likely will not happen but would he be a viable option opposite Clay? I'm not even sure what it would take to get him. The story talks about a 2nd round pick, would that be enough?

Would anybody be interested in him?

I don't think the Dolphins would want to trade him after just one, albeit disappointing, season.

If they wanted to trade him though I would be interested for a second round pick, that guy has a lot of potential.

Probably he would get injured though as soon as he puts on a Packers uniform as he has had his share of injuries in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't the Dolphins would want to trade him after just one, albeit disappointing, season.

If they wanted to trade him though I would be interested for a second round pick, that guy has a lot of potential.

Probably he would get injured though as soon as he puts on a Packers uniform as he had his share of injuries in the past.

Now there are conflicting reports on whether this is true or not. I also saw on Twitter someone suggest Perry and a 2nd for Jordan and a pick.

D

Deleted member 6794

Now there are conflicting reports on whether this is true or not. I also saw on Twitter someone suggest Perry and a 2nd for Jordan and a pick.

I wouldn't put too much faith to any of those rumors on Twitter.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) I'd always be open to trading for a young, athletic defensive player who LESS than one year ago was the 3rd overall pick in the draft.

2) I can't believe that the Dolphins would already want to trade a guy who cost them a first (12th) and second (42nd) round pick.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The new GM in Miami probably has different ideas. Dion Jordan was out performed by Perry, so I am not sure we are looking at much of an upgrade here. Jordan had 2 sacks inn 254 defensive snaps - not very impressive.

I would consider a 2nd rounder for him, and maybe on closer review a 1st is worth it - but you would really have to watch the tape and figure out why he performed so poorly.

Stevie DK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had the same thoughts about a possible Perry-Jordan Trade, my first thought would be Perry + 2 round, but since Jordan was pick'd 3 overall, he's probably worth more, I'm just as conservative as TT, doubt I would pull the trigger in the end.

Comparing Perry and Jordan is not ideal. Jordan is a 3-4 OLB playing 4-3 DE, that clearly doesn't suit him, and Perry is/was a 4-3 DE now playing 3-4 OLB, and that clearly isn't the best fit for him.
You could argue that Perry had the most production, with both playing the less ideal position.

That said, if i were a Dolphin i would like the idea of Wake and Perry, even tho Wake may be shopped.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well the rumor didn't come from Twitter instead just someone suggesting a possible idea for a trade.

I just saw that it was actually Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reporting that the Dolphins are shopping Jordan and not just a random guy on Twitter.

While the Dolphins immediately denied the report, maybe TT should inquire about his availability. I think if we trade them Perry (who would probably be a better fit in their defense) an additional mid-round pick should be enough.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had the same thoughts about a possible Perry-Jordan Trade, my first thought would be Perry + 2 round, but since Jordan was pick'd 3 overall, he's probably worth more, I'm just as conservative as TT, doubt I would pull the trigger in the end.

Comparing Perry and Jordan is not ideal. Jordan is a 3-4 OLB playing 4-3 DE, that clearly doesn't suit him, and Perry is/was a 4-3 DE now playing 3-4 OLB, and that clearly isn't the best fit for him.
You could argue that Perry had the most production, with both playing the less ideal position.

That said, if i were a Dolphin i would like the idea of Wake and Perry, even tho Wake may be shopped.
A long conversation with a friend who is very knowledgeable has changed my opinion on the matter. Mostly for the reasons you cited. Jordan was miscast in his role and may very well flourish in our system. I don't know what the trade would be, but I can't seeing it being more than Perry and a #2. It is risky, as I think Perry is decent and going to get better.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know the player very well so my primary question would be why they would be willing to give up so quickly.

Trades like this are pretty rare, so I'm not giving it much thought

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't know the player very well so my primary question would be why they would be willing to give up so quickly.

Trades like this are pretty rare, so I'm not giving it much thought

Yes , trades like that are pretty rare, but after thinking about it for a little bit it's a possibility in this case.

First of all the Dolphins have a new GM, so he's not reaponsible for drafting him. And it seems like he isn't a great fit for a 4-3 defense.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes , trades like that are pretty rare, but after thinking about it for a little bit it's a possibility in this case.

First of all the Dolphins have a new GM, so he's not reaponsible for drafting him. And it seems like he isn't a great fit for a 4-3 defense.

I'm curious of his attitude and work ethic

raj34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dion Jordan would be an ideal fit (based on his play in college) in our system. He definitely could be had for the #21st overall pick.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd give up a second for Jordan but not a second and Perry. I think we need a tall athletic OLB, Jordan is 6-6 260. Perry is fixing to be a good player if he can avoid injury.

I would also be interested in Wake 6-3 258 and I believe he excelled in Miami when they ran the 3-4 although he is 32, so would only wanna give up a 3 or 4. And not sure what his cap number is for 2014 but I think it's pretty high like 8.5 mil.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'd give up a second for Jordan but not a second and Perry. I think we need a tall athletic OLB, Jordan is 6-6 260. Perry is fixing to be a good player if he can avoid injury.

I would also be interested in Wake 6-3 258 and I believe he excelled in Miami when they ran the 3-4 although he is 32, so would only wanna give up a 3 or 4. And not sure what his cap number is for 2014 but I think it's pretty high like 8.5 mil.

Cameron Wake´s cap number for 2014 is $10.02 million, although he would "only" count $8.62 million against the Packers cap if they traded for him. That´s just meant to provide some information for you, I don´t want the Packers to trade for him.