Dez Bryant signed by the Saints

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What "ridiculous drama" are we talking about exactly?

I dunno, I'd still feel a heck of a lot better about our WR corps with Dez as our #3 over Geronimo. Not like we're talking about a long-term situation here. Especially appealing with his price tag and ego shrinking by the day.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What "ridiculous drama" are we talking about exactly?

I guess enough for a media person to say:

"Most teams wouldn’t even sign Dez Bryant at the league minimum"

I originally was on the fence about Dez, but the more time that passes, my *** is starting to slide over to steer clear of him side.

D

Deleted member 6794

I dunno, I'd still feel a heck of a lot better about our WR corps with Dez as our #3 over Geronimo. Not like we're talking about a long-term situation here. Especially appealing with his price tag and ego shrinking by the day.

I highly doubt the Packers will show any interest in Bryant after drafting three receivers last week.

D

Deleted member 6794

I doubt it as well, but we have to think that at present GMo is our number 3. Hoping a rookie changes that, but if not...

Allison is currently the fourth option in the passing game, maybe even fifth if McCarthy involves the running backs more often. I'm fine with him battling with the rookies for the starting position opposite of Adams.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I am not even sure that Bryant is that much better than Allison at this point. I mean, he’s probably a little better, but not to the point that you need to run out there and get that upgrade. Like Captain said, we’re talking about the 4th or 5th option in the passing game behind Adams, Cobb, Graham, and possibly Aaron Jones.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not want to deal with Dez being a #3. Do you think he'd be happy about that? The lack of targets? Especially on a one year prove it deal?

No thanks.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would not want to deal with Dez being a #3. Do you think he'd be happy about that? The lack of targets? Especially on a one year prove it deal?

No thanks.

Yup.

I doubt Jordy signed with the Raiders thinking he will be their #1. He signed on to be able to continue to play football and contribute to his team in anyway that he can.

While I don't really follow the other 31 teams very closely, is there a team out there that Dez would automatically be the #1? I doubt it, unless he earns it. I also doubt any team that signs Dez does it by saying "You will be our #1 guy now." So will Dez be able to handle that? I have no doubt Jordy can and will, I wouldn't have that same confidence in Dez. He very well could end up being the 2018 version of Mo Bennett.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Why would Dez be #3? Cobb is not that good.
I think the conversation stemmed around the amount of passes that Dez will see thrown his way, not necessarily the "artificial assignment" of what # WR he is on the roster.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams, Allison, and Cobb would get more targets due to chemistry and AR's trust. Graham would probably have a leg up as well if he returns to previous form.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Dez was wr2 there is absolutely no way Graham would be one of the top 3 targeted players in our offense this season. I am not even convinced he is top 3 targeted without Dez.

D

Deleted member 6794

If Dez was wr2 there is absolutely no way Graham would be one of the top 3 targeted players in our offense this season. I am not even convinced he is top 3 targeted without Dez.

It's unrealistic to expect Allison or any of the rookie receivers to be targeted more often than Graham.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's unrealistic to expect Allison or any of the rookie receivers to be targeted more often than Graham.

Sure. If none of them rise to the ranks as full time starter at #2. You are probably right. I am hoping that doesnt end up being the case though.

D

Deleted member 6794

Sure. If none of them rise to the ranks as full time starter at #2. You are probably right. I am hoping that doesnt end up being the case though.

One out of the group of Allison, Moore, Valdes-Scandling and St. Brown will start opposite of Adams if the Packers don't bring in another veteran receiver. I'm absolutely convinced Graham will be targeted way more often than any of them though.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
considering what he is being paid... he'd better be.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
One out of the group of Allison, Moore, Valdes-Scandling and St. Brown will start opposite of Adams if the Packers don't bring in another veteran receiver. I'm absolutely convinced Graham will be targeted way more often than any of them though.
It also depends if the playbook redesign forces the ball through the TE, similar to the one before Finley got hurt.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty sure Philbin will go back to said Jermichael offense; or if he's redesigning an entirely new one some concepts of that will be thrown in.

D

Deleted member 6794

It also depends if the playbook redesign forces the ball through the TE, similar to the one before Finley got hurt.

I don't think the Packers will force targeting Graham but he will be a focal point of the offense for sure.