Dez Bryant signed by the Saints

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One out of the group of Allison, Moore, Valdes-Scandling and St. Brown will start opposite of Adams if the Packers don't bring in another veteran receiver. I'm absolutely convinced Graham will be targeted way more often than any of them though.
i agree. as for grahams targets in this scenario it depends on camp/preseason performances of these guys. if one of them explodes it can really make a positive difference. would take a lot of pressure off having to force the ball to adams or graham. graham's not exactly a youngster either. we all expect him to be a redzone target but how about between the 20's? will he have the stamina?

D

Deleted member 6794

graham's not exactly a youngster either. we all expect him to be a redzone target but how about between the 20's? will he have the stamina?

In my opinion fans exaggerate when talking about Graham only being a red zone target as only 88 of his 556 career receptions have come inside the opponent's 20-yard line.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion fans exaggerate when talking about Graham only being a red zone target as only 88 of his 556 career receptions have come inside the opponent's 20-yard line.
it's because of his measurables and how he's been used of late. i hope he's a target everywhere but his length will be, and has been, an advantage in close quarters.

on the subject of dez...i'll repeat, a one-year cheap deal would be interesting. he's going to be highly motivated and is reportedly working out really hard. it's pretty much no risk. probably won't happen...just sayin'.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

It's recency bias. In 2017, Graham caught a total of 57 balls and 23 came inside the redzone. He also caught 10 redzone touchdowns. So 40% of his catches and 100% of his scores were at the 19 yard line or heading in. In 2016, those numbers were 11% and 67% respectively.

The question is whether his 2017 production was more a result of usage or ability. I'm guessing it's some of both.

D

Deleted member 6794

it's because of his measurables and how he's been used of late. i hope he's a target everywhere but his length will be, and has been, an advantage in close quarters.

There's no doubt Graham presents a dangerous weapon inside the red zone but he's definitely an option between the 20s as well.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dez would have a career year with Rodgers throwing him the ball he isn't old or washed up that is crazy talk.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

on the subject of dez...i'll repeat, a one-year cheap deal would be interesting. he's going to be highly motivated and is reportedly working out really hard. it's pretty much no risk. probably won't happen...just sayin'.

Seattle did a poor job of maximizing grahams talent I'm confident mm will. Mike loves tight ends that command a double team and stretch the seam. Also Wilson is not in Rodgers league

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dez would have a career year with Rodgers throwing him the ball he isn't old or washed up that is crazy talk.

You're probably right however he's in the same class as martellus Bennett. They aren't exactly packer people as they say. And I'm not against getting a guy whose not an angel but Bryant seems like too much of a me guy

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're probably right however he's in the same class as martellus Bennett. They aren't exactly packer people as they say. And I'm not against getting a guy whose not an angel but Bryant seems like too much of a me guy
You' re probably right too and that's also probably why he is still unsigned.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Why did no one want Charles Woodson?

Why did no one want Charles Woodson?
Also Dak isnt a 4000 yd qb not yet anyway.

Despite coming off injury, Woodson got really good money and was signed before the draft. Bryant is still sitting out there two weeks after the draft ended. I don’t doubt he will get signed, but if the reports of his regression were “crazy talk” and he was still Dez Bryant of old, someone would have handed him a lot of lonely already.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This was mentioned in the other thread already right? ;)

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Despite coming off injury, Woodson got really good money and was signed before the draft. Bryant is still sitting out there two weeks after the draft ended. I don’t doubt he will get signed, but if the reports of his regression were “crazy talk” and he was still Dez Bryant of old, someone would have handed him a lot of lonely already.

Looks like that's what he has...a lot of lonely. I know its a typo, or autocorrect but maybe a Freudian slip. Just thought it was kind of funny.

Conso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, so why is he a free agent on May 10th?
He’s not washed up, just not worth 12/yr. He IS still a definitive threat though and guessing has a chip on his shoulder about Dallas. So this is what I figure, he works out hard, takes a cheap 1 yr deal somewhere with a good QB and a SB shot, and cracks a big grin if he puts up nice numbers plus will have proof he’s worth a ton of money to some team with cap space. All in all he gets a SB ring (maybe), proves naysayers wrong that he’s washed up, and gets his fat contract in 2019. That’s sounds like something an ego-maniac would do to me. Question is is Gute aiming for SB this year, or letting rookies develop a year and make that run next year.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm more interested to see what Brown can do for me than Dez freaking Bryant. I loved watching him drop balls for Dallas, I wouldn't like it in GB

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm more interested to see what Brown can do for me than Dez freaking Bryant. I loved watching him drop balls for Dallas, I wouldn't like it in GB
I’m high on brown to man I wanted us to take him in round 3 lol

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I've been on the fence about Dez ever since he was released on whether he would be a good fit in Green Bay. After watching the Packers draft 3 rookies with a lot of potential, I think Dez quite possibly could be the wrong guy to bring into the mix now. If Dez goes into diva mode and starts whining about not getting enough balls his way, that isn't what you want to teach your rookies. I also recognize I could be wrong and maybe he is an excellent teammate and could help teach the rookies a thing or two, but I don't get that vibe from him.

I need to stop thinking about the old Dez and all the great back shoulder catches that he used to make and how that Dez would have been a perfect fit for Aaron.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On a one year prove it deal I would have no problem with Dez. Rookie wrs often take a while to develop and I am not the biggest Allison believer. I still think his cost will be too high but Bryant would make us better if he keeps his head on straight and he comes at the right cost. If we dont sign him I wont lose a lot of sleep but I think Dez could have a solid year in GB

Conso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On a one year prove it deal I would have no problem with Dez. Rookie wrs often take a while to develop and I am not the biggest Allison believer. I still think his cost will be too high but Bryant would make us better if he keeps his head on straight and he comes at the right cost. If we dont sign him I wont lose a lot of sleep but I think Dez could have a solid year in GB

That’s pretty much my thoughts in a nutshell. 1 yr prove it deal for a decent price, we become one of the better offensive teams in the league and make a serious SB run.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't help but notice that, to this point at least, other NFL teams aren't exactly rushing to sign him.......

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

The bolded part is what I would worry about. Dez is a double edged sword. Yes, he could really benefit the Packers, but he also could become a major distraction. I'm not that excited about our options at #3 WR right now and I worry about the experience factor of our perceived new depth at the position. The other part of this that keeps me on the fence of wanting to sign him, Dez has to be one motivated guy to have a great year to prove himself now and into the future. He will only be 30 in November, so if he has a solid season, has humbled himself a bit, he could very well set himself up for a big contract.