DeMarcus Ware

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not saying it is true, just rumor from great sources such as fansided and I was being facetious. However, I think Jared Allen would have no problem transitioning to a 3-4 DE.

Remember Aaron kampmans awkward transition? Yeah same thing.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember Aaron kampmans awkward transition? Yeah same thing.

How is that the same? Converting a large man in Aaron Kampan to a outside lineback is not the same as Jared Allen playing DE in a 3-4. Not even close, I did not say Allen could play OLB.

Anyway, as I said, I was being facetious with the post to begin with.

Pack....man!!!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with ivo610... Old dog no new tricks. I am surprised there isn't more talk on Byrd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is that the same? Converting a large man in Aaron Kampan to a outside lineback is no the same as Jared Allen playing DE in a 3-4. Not even close, I did not say Allen could play OLB.

Anyway, as I said, I was being facetious with the post to begin with.

Uhh bc he would be an OLB in a 3-4

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Minnesota Vikings were nearing the end of a 3-13 season in 2011 when rumors began to circulate that coach Leslie Frazier might be asked to give up on his signature defense, the Tampa-2, and transition to a 3-4 look.

This sent media members scurrying to Jared Allen's locker at Winter Park to find out how the Pro Bowl defensive end felt about making the move to an outside linebacker spot.

The look on Allen's face was somewhere between, "you are kidding me, right?" and "they wouldn't dare."

Allen made it clear he had no interest in rushing quarterbacks from a stand-up position and that if such a change did occur the odds were great that he would be a former Viking by 2012.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/...e_carte_blanche_to_switch_to_34_defense010814

AZpackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jerry Jones just said that him and Ware are going to "talk"....did they not consult Jones before they cut him?.....LOL

Pack....man!!!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't expect him to sign anyone period.... But man.. Throw the fans a bone... Even if is false rumors ...lol..

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady Poppinga is gushing on Twitter right now about the tandem Ware and Matthews would make in Capers system. It's really something to read.

Pack....man!!!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pressure on both sides of the QB with a a little Byrd over the top = many Turn overs and very good field position giving AR lots chances to score and make teams chase instead of dictate.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Pressure on both sides of the QB with a a little Byrd over the top = many Turn overs and very good field position giving AR lots chances to score and make teams chase instead of dictate.

Byrd is gone I thought

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he can get the proper therapy - at my age, I try to work out in the gym as often as possible - it makes everything easier...

With Navies doing what he does with an injury like that (which is public knowledge) and going up against other players who will abuse the privilege, so to speak - You really have to be prepared.... and that's way moreso than in just about any other situation. Looking at the stats and to see him being last year's Sixth man on the Roster in totem pole ratings.... Well, I think he stood up for himself pretty damn good. Is he done for the NFL? Good question - one hates to see it end that way for any player...

But, he'll always be a Packer in my book!
As they say - He dun good!
People stop doing this to yourselves!! We are at least a week away from a packer signing...if there are any at all. We need to save ask that money under the cap to lock up Kuhn long term lol.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People stop doing this to yourselves!! We are at least a week away from a packer signing...if there are any at all. We need to save ask that money under the cap to lock up Kuhn long term lol.

You want to lock up Kuhn? Packers have to save that money for MD Jennings! He's extension will make the Byrd contract look like pocket change.

raj34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need that cap space to extend Sherrod. Think long term people.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adam Schefter says Ware likely to land in Denver.

Denver: where aging greats go to die.

I heard Ware would probably command a $6-8 million price, which is probably a couple million more than I was comfortable seeing the Packers throw down for him.

So, yeah, cue up some grumbling about our lack of activity in free agency thus far.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Denver: where aging greats go to die.

I heard Ware would probably command a $6-8 million price on NFL Network, which is probably a couple million more than I was comfortable seeing the Packers throw down...

So, yeah, cue up some grumbling about our lack of activity in free agency thus far.
You will see grumbling because for$6-8 mill on a one or two year deal, with$30 mill in cap space...why not?

But yea it's not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts