Defense ready to show...... (not place)

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posted Sep. 09, 2005
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Chris Havel
E-mail Chris Havel at
[email protected]
from PackersNews Premium
Defense ready to show what it can do

Jim Bates is excited, Nick Barnett is nervous and fans are apprehensive.

Ready or not, the Green Bay Packers

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't remember a unit being as scrutinized as this year's Packers D. Yes, most of it is deserved BUT...I really hope they come out this season with guns blazing. Wouldn't it be a great story if the Packers defense was a top 15 or so D? I think you'd see a team with some serious playoff hope then...

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digs,

Heard the Bengals were interested in giving him a workout but haven't heard anything beyond that. I'm just glad he's someone else's problem now!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think its neat that none of us (not me, or you) have seen the new packer defense. WE've seen the players, and the base defense, but we've seen about 20% at the most of what is to come. That is neat..and exciting..

Reaction score
Trom, to add to your point, we also haven't seen all the projected starters on the field at one time. And you have to admit, that even with backups playing, the D is better then last year. By no means will this be mistaken with the Ravens D, but the fact is that once we get our starting 11 out onto the field all at the same time, this D will be young, fast, and HUNGRY. That could lead to a deadly combo. :)

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Trom, to add to your point, we also haven't seen all the projected starters on the field at one time. And you have to admit, that even with backups playing, the D is better then last year. By no means will this be mistaken with the Ravens D, but the fact is that once we get our starting 11 out onto the field all at the same time, this D will be young, fast, and HUNGRY. That could lead to a deadly combo. :)

It's too bad that Diggs is out for the opener. But if he has to miss a game or two I guess our first two are as good as any and better than most others. It will be good to get him back.

Members online

Latest posts