Dear Santa Claus (from A-ROD) ...

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and it's not so much blasting your fanhood, just a knock on you because your posts seem to be for no reason other than just instigating.

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and it's not so much blasting your fanhood, just a knock on you because your posts seem to be for no reason other than just instigating.

More like sweet validation, for I was blasted and blasted and blasted some more for the better part of three years now because I remained steadfast in my belief that Brett Favre was an unrivaled (or, at worst rivaled by one or two other guys) NFL quarterback.

Haters put more stock in hate than they did common sense and loyalty and they are paying a dear price for it, while I wallow in rasher of bliss.

I've never backed down and have never let "the crowd" do my homework and this is yet another fine example of how independent thinking will rarely let you down.:happy0005:

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha I don't reside there, but nice joke. In all seriousness, that made me chuckle.

I'm mulling over a few opportunities right now and one of them would be in the Morehead City area. It looks pleasing to the eye - just wondering if you've ever been.

Eclipse612

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, that comparison with the other QBs in the league is actually good for Rodgers: you're basically saying that in his 2nd year as a starter he is the 7th best QB in the league, and I think it's pretty impressive. He's better than a lot of more experienced guys, he can overcome some in the future, some will retire. I guess we're OK at the QB spot for a long time barring serious injuries.

Anyway, even admitting that Favre would win more games than A-Rod if he was still a Packer (which in the end is something we can only speculate on), do you think haunting the future of the franchise would have been worth it?

I'm seriously surprised about how well and consistent Favre has played so far this year, and of course it hurts seeing him do so good for a rival. That said, I'm still 100% convinced that TT did the right thing for the future of the team by going with the young guy AFTER Brett did retire.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Vikings manage to win 2 more games, I think that the MVP will be "secure" ... Even if Favre should get injured, I'm inclined to believe that he will get his 4th MVP this season ... There hasn't been a single other player in the NFL this seasons, whom have had as large an impact on their respective team than Favre ...
How about Payton Manning leading his team to 5 consecutives comebacks to remain 11-0???

He was voted last year for doing something similar, and he had worse stats than he has now...

And he has a new head coach, his #2 Receiver (Marvin Harrison) isn't there anymore, and the guy that was playing for him (Antonhy Gonzalez) is also out. There's also, if I'm not mistaken, a new LT.

Anyway, as I've said, I think Favre deserves the consideration, but IMO Favre made Minnesota much better, but they would still be a very good team without him, as they won the division last year without him.

However, if you take Payton Manning out of that Colts team, there's no way that team even reaches the playoffs.

And I think, in the end, the voters will take that into consideration.

Of course, they could also look at the fact that Favre is 40, this could be his last year, and he's playing lights out.

But if I had to guess, Favre wins the comeback player of the year, Chris Johnson wins the OPoY, Jared Allen (should be Woodson, I know) wins the DPoY, Harvin wins the Rookie of the Year and Manning wins the MVP...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Allen wont win it cuz he got 7.5 sacks vs the Pack

so he got 5 sacks in 9 games not to MVP if you ask me

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
How about Payton Manning leading his team to 5 consecutives comebacks to remain 11-0???

He was voted last year for doing something similar, and he had worse stats than he has now...

And he has a new head coach, his #2 Receiver (Marvin Harrison) isn't there anymore, and the guy that was playing for him (Antonhy Gonzalez) is also out. There's also, if I'm not mistaken, a new LT.

Anyway, as I've said, I think Favre deserves the consideration, but IMO Favre made Minnesota much better, but they would still be a very good team without him, as they won the division last year without him.

However, if you take Payton Manning out of that Colts team, there's no way that team even reaches the playoffs.

And I think, in the end, the voters will take that into consideration.

Of course, they could also look at the fact that Favre is 40, this could be his last year, and he's playing lights out.

But if I had to guess, Favre wins the comeback player of the year, Chris Johnson wins the OPoY, Jared Allen (should be Woodson, I know) wins the DPoY, Harvin wins the Rookie of the Year and Manning wins the MVP...

Favre has been playing more consistent than any of the other quarterbacks he is being compared with currently ... Which is why I think the MVP will be awarded to him and not Peyton Manning ...

The only way I see an MVP to Manning at this point is if the Colts (which looks very likely aswell at this point ...) goes 16-0 while the Vikings go 13-3 ... - I don't think another loss resulting in a 14-2 season (for the Vikings) will change that ... Given who it is that will be voting on the MVP ...

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've told you guys countless times - I'm a Packers fan for life, but not as long as Brett Favre is playing in a uniform other than Green Bay's. But, having said that, it doesn't mean I do not follow CLOSELY what transpires in Green Bay along the way. My goodness, I even shelled out $200 while I was in college for a share of worthless stock and anybody that knows me knows painfully well that I do not waste my money on things that aren't worth money unless my heart is in it.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone - couldn't have coined a better sentence if I tried.

So let me get this straight, as long as BF is playing for another team you are NOT a Packer fan? Then don't get all huffy if folks call you out on this. I'm a shareholder too (I have 1000 shares) but no one player, no matter how great he is, is gonna make me change my love for the Packers. I was a fan of the Pack before #4 was born and I'll be a fan long after he retires.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So let me get this straight, as long as BF is playing for another team you are NOT a Packer fan? Then don't get all huffy if folks call you out on this. I'm a shareholder too (I have 1000 shares) but no one player, no matter how great he is, is gonna make me change my love for the Packers. I was a fan of the Pack before #4 was born and I'll be a fan long after he retires.

He isnt a Packer fan...

No way in hell can you say your a Packer fan and WANT them to loss to the Vikings

Thats being a Viking (Favre) fan

and its OKAY to be that way just take out the fan part for the Packers cuz it is not true

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't care if people freak out - I don't need to have my belief system validated. I would like some appreciation, however.

All I can say is that I am a terribly (I'll used this adjective just for you. :) ) loyal person. Something happened that made me choose Brett Favre over the Packers. This might not make people happy, but it's my fact - I don't hide it or run from it. I took it head on and was honest with myself.

The thing I keep getting back to and that which is difficult to describe is that Brett Favre is a human being - the Packers are an entity. Is it "really" less rational or acceptable to choose a human being over a business entity? I think in some regards, the David vs Goliath setup was too much for me to resist - I have always had a deep-seeded love affair with the underdog and what is a better underdog story than an NFL legend left for dead overcoming and beating AN ENTIRE BUSINESS ORGANIZATION that remains in tact for no other purpose than to make a profit. On one hand you have a man's heart and soul and on the other you have money-grubbing lawyers and hired guns. To a common man like me, it was a no-brainer from the beginning.

I don't want to stick another quarter into the "Favre Hate Machine", but there are still a fair number of you guys who either cannot understand, or choose not to understand - your way or the highway, no compromises - end of story. I say to live and let live.

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep on topic people.

What does A Rod really want for Christmas?

I think he wants a Poney. LOLZ!

At this point, I don't think he needs much - maybe some receivers with more consistency, a kicker who doesn't miss short field goals at home and a coach that doesn't burn challenges on obviously un-overturnable calls.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care if people freak out - I don't need to have my belief system validated. I would like some appreciation, however.

All I can say is that I am a terribly (I'll used this adjective just for you. :) ) loyal person. Something happened that made me choose Brett Favre over the Packers. This might not make people happy, but it's my fact - I don't hide it or run from it. I took it head on and was honest with myself.

The thing I keep getting back to and that which is difficult to describe is that Brett Favre is a human being - the Packers are an entity. Is it "really" less rational or acceptable to choose a human being over a business entity? I think in some regards, the David vs Goliath setup was too much for me to resist - I have always had a deep-seeded love affair with the underdog and what is a better underdog story than an NFL legend left for dead overcoming and beating AN ENTIRE BUSINESS ORGANIZATION that remains in tact for no other purpose than to make a profit. On one hand you have a man's heart and soul and on the other you have money-grubbing lawyers and hired guns. To a common man like me, it was a no-brainer from the beginning.

I don't want to stick another quarter into the "Favre Hate Machine", but there are still a fair number of you guys who either cannot understand, or choose not to understand - your way or the highway, no compromises - end of story. I say to live and let live.

At least you are honest about it. Most Packer fans don't hate Favre. They hate the fact that he actively wanted to play for a hated rival. Most of us don't care about what happened after the 2007 season between Favre and management. That is ancient history and there is no going back. We have moved on as has #4. And most of us would have no problem with Favre continuing to play but NOT if he is playing for the stupid Heidi Hairs! :viksux: So any "hate" you read from Packer fans is because he plays for a divisional rival and nothing more. For some reason this little fact is unfathomable to too many Farve fans.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Regarding the Favre situation from '07 (since it seems like we're talking about it again):

I have settled in to the notion that it worked out best for everyone. It might have been ugly when it went down, but it worked out well for all sides. Favre gets to play for a Super Bowl contender, Green Bay gets their QB for the next 10 years barring injury, everyone wins.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is the kind of "ridiculousness" I'm talking about...from GB_Packers

"In case you didnt notice we are nearly in the Playoffs and when we beat you in the NFC championship game, I will still be here and you wont, can't wait to hear you moan about your old QB who ****** you over.

Our QB is better."

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least you are honest about it. Most Packer fans don't hate Favre. They hate the fact that he actively wanted to play for a hated rival. Most of us don't care about what happened after the 2007 season between Favre and management. That is ancient history and there is no going back. We have moved on as has #4. And most of us would have no problem with Favre continuing to play but NOT if he is playing for the stupid Heidi Hairs! :viksux: So any "hate" you read from Packer fans is because he plays for a divisional rival and nothing more. For some reason this little fact is unfathomable to too many Farve fans.
What she said...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts