1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Dear Santa Claus (from A-ROD) ...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Hauschild, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Ted's Zombie Army

Ted's Zombie Army Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Aaron would like a Tiger in a Trap action figure complete with the Bimbo accessory kit.

2. Hauschild

Hauschild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Unfortunate, how we're all forced to choose sides now. You have the Company Men versus the Common Men. You have Big Bidness versus a simple man with a dream and continuing goals.

This is what makes this saga so intoxicating. No matter how you look at it, neither side is completely in the wrong. The Packers job is to show a profit, albeit cutting loose a cash cow like Favre is a self-inflicted suicide, short term (Note Green Bay's slip in revenue last season and their sinking in fan polls as favorite team, certainly a majority had to do with losing Favre). Favre's job is to remain gainfully employed as long as it is feasible for him. This is an admirable trait to possess and one that has made this country a financial behemoth. If everybody quit once they became fat and happy, this country would be no different than Europe - very little ingenuity and a lot of whining.

I'll choose to Back my boy BLF until such time that he retires or does something to rub me the wrong way. I can honestly say that I'm not sure I've ever seen a more amazing public figure than Brett Favre. In 20 years, I can't think of one instance where I've ever been embarrassed or ashamed of anything he's done on or off the field.

3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,966

Then you havent seen him in bars with Chewey, and Franky ;)

:shock:

4. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    Remember when he was addicted to pills? Because I do.

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,966