1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Darrelle Revis

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by thequick12, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thequick12

thequick12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +56
    Packers 1 of 5 teams reported to be in pursuit of Revis. What do yall think? Would you rather have Tramon Williams back at 6 m per or Revis for another 10m per?

2. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,175
    Revis for 10M, but 10M isn't going to get it done. $15M probably isn't going to get it done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. thequick12

thequick12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +56
    No I said Revis for another 10 m per so 16 m.

4. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,175
    My bad, just re-read that. Still, I don't see that happening. I'd be shocked if Ted went all-in on a top FA like that.

5. thisisnate

thisisnate Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +507
    I would think Revis would be wayyyyy too expensive.

6. thequick12

thequick12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +56
    I don't see it happening either, not sure if I want it to happen even. I guess so just because it would make our defense one of the best in the league and give us a great shot at the super bowl. Although I think we could win the super bowl with Williams and shields as starters again. But Revis for the most part shuts down the other teams best WR which Williams does not.

7. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +942
    Reportedly Revis wants $48M over the first 3 years, but here's the kicker. He wants $40M guaranteed.

8. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    I dunno man, that's a ton of cash. But we have the cap space to do it, I think. It's a crazy high number, but man he is good. even if we could get him for like $14M annually instead of $16M. I mean, last year we signed Sam Shields 4 years, $39M. And I assume he will see most of that money; we rarely have "cap casualties". I think that says a lot about this organization, and you have to assume Revis would love some career stability and knowing that whatever he signs for, that's likely what we would pay him.

9. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,175
    Is this just what he's looking for? I heard he already had this for an offer.

10. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +942
    What I've been able to pick up is those are his minimum requirements, then go from there.

11. Ogsponge

Ogsponge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +602
    Maybe if his name was Luke Kuechly

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    I'd rather sign Brandon Browner. He'd come cheaper and hes a big CB that matches up well with Dez and Megatron. Plus hes great against the run.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. sjb12681

sjb12681 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +151
    Selling at that price, not buying. Let the jets or jags have him

14. sjb12681

sjb12681 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +151
    Reading his bio, his penchant for holding out, his jumping teams, his want for max money almost all guaranteed, and his lesser talked about knee/ tendon issues that have cost him games, this is a no way for me.

$40m minimum guaranteed? What happens if he pops another acl or worse?

Lost money. No thanks, not at the price/risk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. thequick12

thequick12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +56
    Browner is slow and we don't need another slow corner already have two in Hyde and Hayward. Idk 16 m a year for 3 years 40m guranteed doesn't sound that expensive when we paying shields 4 years 39 million. Revis will be 30 in July so that means his last season of the deal will be played at 32. Might be worth it. Although he ran a 4.38 coming out and doesn't look like he runs that anymore so idk. Whether Williams comes back or Revis signs TT needs to get a cb high in the draft who has size and speed.

16. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,485
    Singed by the jets

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.