Danish Cheesehead coming to Green Bay for the Falcons game

fcs

Danish Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in Denmark in the northern part of Europe
Hi everybody,

My name is Peter and I have been a cheesehead since I first saw the Packers play at Milwaukee County Stadium in 1991. I live in Denmark (the country in Northern Europe, not the town in Wisconsin) and it looks like I will be able to go to Lambeau for the Falcons game in December.

I am getting extremely excited... and then I started looking for hotel rooms. I will probably be arriving on the 6th in the late evening and leave again on the 9th. Do you have any recommendations as to where I can stay. I am open to basic accomodations, hotels, Bed and Breakfast, even private homes with a spare room ;o)

Another thing I would like to do is to tailgate with ordinary local Packer Fans - do people buy tickets to the tailgate parties or do you just strike up conversations with people in the parking lot?

Hoping for a little help - thanks in advance

Best regards,

Peter Braun

Lakedog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great Dane- you're going to have a day you'll remember forever. I've taken a few moves around the country and can tell you that 'Cheddars' are the friendliest people in the US. (I grew up in Point... 2 hrs west of hallowed ground.) No, you don't need to buy tix to tailgate. Just start talking and you'll be a hit. I recommend bringing some snack food from home to share. You'll be offered more brats than you can eat.

You should stay at my brother's. hey everybody, want his number?!

OP
OP
fcs

fcs

Danish Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Lakedog,

Thanks for your answer - I'll definately bring some snacks from home to share ;o) Now, it may be my lack of understanding of the american language, but were you being ironinc about staying at your brothers?

Best regards,

Peter

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

My name is Peter and I have been a cheesehead since I first saw the Packers play at Milwaukee County Stadium in 1991. I live in Denmark (the country in Northern Europe, not the town in Wisconsin) and it looks like I will be able to go to Lambeau for the Falcons game in December.

I am getting extremely excited... and then I started looking for hotel rooms. I will probably be arriving on the 6th in the late evening and leave again on the 9th. Do you have any recommendations as to where I can stay. I am open to basic accomodations, hotels, Bed and Breakfast, even private homes with a spare room ;o)

Another thing I would like to do is to tailgate with ordinary local Packer Fans - do people buy tickets to the tailgate parties or do you just strike up conversations with people in the parking lot?

Best regards,

Peter Braun

Hi Peter,

I've been in Green Bay for a Packers game twice, be aware of nearly unaffordable hotel rates on game weekends.
Its crazy.:eek:;)
You can save a lot of money when you're staying at a hotel outside of Green Bay. Last year I stayed in Appleton, the year before in Oshkosh.
If money isnt an issue I can recommend Cambria Suites, close to Lambeau Field.:tup:

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Hi Peter,

I've been in Green Bay for a Packers game twice, be aware of nearly unaffordable hotel rates on game weekends.
Its crazy.:eek:;)
You can save a lot of money when you're staying at a hotel outside of Green Bay. Last year I stayed in Appleton, the year before in Oshkosh.
If money isnt an issue I can recommend Cambria Suites, close to Lambeau Field.:tup:
Is it a Great Western hotel on the road opposite Lambeau field ?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it a Great Western hotel on the road opposite Lambeau field ?
I guess you mean the Best Western Bill, dont you ?
The Best Western is only a short walk away of the Cambria Suites and right across the Don Hutson Center.
Both Hotels are close to Oneida Street and beneath of Lambeau Field.

I

I guess you mean the Best Western Bill, dont you ?
The Best Western is only a short walk away of the Cambria Suites and right across the Don Hutson Center.
Both Hotels are close to Oneida Street and beneath of Lambeau Field.

My mistake. It was the Best Western I stayed at. I remember the Hutson centre. You are right though, the cost was astronomical.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
My mistake. It was the Best Western I stayed at. I remember the Hutson centre. You are right though, the cost was astronomical.
Both hotels are perfectly located but as you wrote - astronomical rates. During the week me and my wife always stayed at Cambria Suites and moved to another hotel outside of Green Bay for the game weekend. That saves you a lot of money.

I

Both hotels are perfectly located but as you wrote - astronomical rates. During the week me and my wife always stayed at Cambria Suites and moved to another hotel outside of Green Bay for the game weekend. That saves you a lot of money.

I stayed at the Days Inn hotel too in the October when I went to the game. Now THAT was a nice hotel and the staff were fantastically pleasant and helpful.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

My name is Peter and I have been a cheesehead since I first saw is right behind lambeau so its a nice short walk to get into the game. Hopefully its a little cooler out so it keeps the beers nice and cold!he Packers play at Milwaukee County Stadium in 1991. I live in Denmark (the country in Northern Europe, not the town in Wisconsin) and it looks like I will be able to go to Lambeau for the Falcons game in December.

Best regards,

Peter Braun

If you want to tailgate meet us at sidelines sports bar about 4 hours before the game we will be rocking out.

OP
OP
fcs

fcs

Danish Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all you excelent pieces of advice. Last time, I stayed at the Best Western some of you were talking about. It was for a pre-season game, so the cost was ok. Low, I will try toi take a look at some of the places you have mentionned. I still need final confirmation that I will be going to the US, but I really hope so. It would be great to go tailgate and meet some fellow cheeseheads ;O)

Peter

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
There is (or was) a tailgate party before each game at Brett's Steakhouse that you could buy tickets for..All the food and drink for around 20$..but it may have changed or stopped.

Tailgating at the parking lot is free, as others said, walk p to people and assuming you have an accent, you probably will get free food and beer :)

http://www.kewaunee.org/Lodging.html

Is about a 30 min drive from Green Bay, I got a hotel there once during a game in November with a few weeks notice

Gabriele

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hej Peter,
I'm coming for the falcons game but from Sweden and I need the same info.

A question for the "locals": if we stay for instance in Kewaunee, is there a bus or something to the stadium? I want to be able to drink beer without having to drive.
Cheers,
Guardix

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Hej Peter,

A question for the "locals": if we stay for instance in Kewaunee, is there a bus or something to the stadium? I want to be able to drink beer without having to drive.
Cheers,
Guardix
I don't think so. Check with the hotel.

OP
OP
fcs

fcs

Danish Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hej Peter,

Cheers,
Guardix

Hey Gabriele,

Have you found a place to stay. I ended up in Appleton due to availability and also prices. What about you? Did you find out about transportation?

Best regards,

Peter

Members online

Latest posts