1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Da Bears

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Skol guy, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    that was ugly for them. Cutler looks mediocre at best

2. liljohn5115

liljohn5115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Agreed, Cincinnati is a great team this year but the bears looked horrible.

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    We all knew the Bears had no receivers. They were bound to make mistakes, and as Cutler likes to wing it in pressure, as he often did, he was bound to get picked. He had a 6'5'' amazing talent in Marshall to save his *** when he did that. Now he has... Johnny Knoxville? Or is it Steve-O?
    -
    I don't know if Cincy is a great team. But you ought to qualify them as a good, competitive team at least.
    -
    About the Bears, who knew they would be this terrible at running the ball? I never considered Forte as an elite runner, but a good one. Now they have nothing. And they don't have Urlacher and Tinoisamoa at D, and Harris isn't his former self. And they played awfully last year, and didn't improve. I still give them respect, but I don't see them in the division race.

4. liljohn5115

liljohn5115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    lol. I didn't expect Cincinnati to show such an excellent defensive performance though. They're not bad at all but they were playing pretty kick *** today if I do say so myself.

5. NICKBARNETT

NICKBARNETT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    can u say cutler=rex???

6. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Man, Bears have a magical way of just taking any QB and turning them into slag. Orton probably feels some satisfaction at 6-0. Seriously, aren't there like a gazillion decent receivers in the draft each year? Somebody needs to tell Lovie Smith to draft an offensive player occasionally. Jeez.

Heck, even the Lions have potentially a good QB/WR combo. LOL

7. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Who does Matt Stafford have to throw to other than Calvin Johnson?

8. lambeauharrier

lambeauharrier Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    no i think its cutler< rex :jester:

9. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +113
    Cutler is better than Rex, although thats not saying much

10. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Cedric Benson came back to smack em around too.

11. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35

There is a reason Denver got rid of Cutler, because he is not as good as everyone leads on. Too hot and cold from week to week. Needs more consistency but overall I do not think he is a great QB. Better than Rex, but not by much.

12. Quientus

Quientus Oenophile

Ratings:
    +33

Cutler is still being a little too "Gung ho" I think ... And his youth is showing all too much ... - I agree that consistency is what he needs to learn ... and also be a little more patient ...

I have no doubt that the trade will work out for both teams ... - Perhaps not for the Bears this season, however, I'm pretty sure we haven't seen the "last" of Cutler just yet ... - He has everything needed to become a very good quarterback (something he already is I think), but with a little more maturity (in terms of personality I think) alot will change ...

I actually don't fault Cutler as much as I see it more to be a problem with the Bears team overall this season ...

13. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Lot of pic's for a team that doesn't have alot of skilled players to begin with. Besides Hester they are not loaded with alot of talent. I have seen him twice so far so I guess I haven't been impressed but he gets alot of hoopla so I guess I just don't know that much about him. He plays for the bears so I really don't want to see him tearing up the north

14. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    In the end, Dungy was right on about him: He has all the talent, but zero maturity. Shanahan was able to "contain" some of his bone-head plays. Lovie? Not so much.

Denver got rid of him because McDaniels knew he couldn't contain him, and in his system, he didn't "need" a big armed QB.

15. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    Even though the bears needed to air it out th entire game, Cutler was still under 200 yards passing in the 4th quarter, mainly due to 3 picks. Cutler was riding high for a few games there. Now back to reality.

16. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I think the season is the reality. He's just too imature to be consistent. He'll win you games that only a great QB could. But will also cost you games that an average QB would never throw away.

17. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +113
    Thats a great way to sum up Cutler lets be honest Kyle Orton must be laughing at how the bears are doing and how well he has started.

18. ThinkICare

ThinkICare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Brandon Pettigrew will become a serious threat in a few years.

19. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Josh McDaniels came in made a statement with Cutler acting like a prick much like Duante Chilli-pepper and the head Chilly 3 tears ago here in Vikingland. See ya bye, there is a new sherriff in town. I have always wonderd if culpepper regrets that thought process after Tice was fired? He thought he was the man and he acted like a Cutler and now he is a back up in Detoilet

20. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    Chicago needs to draft a decent reciever first. I am not sold on Hester being more than a once in a while big play guy and Bennet is meh. Idk just me but Cutler needs an elite weapon if he looks to be effective in Chi. Otherwise I still think he will be just mediocre.

21. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    And how exactly are they going to do it, while fixing their D problems, without the 1st and 2nd rounders for next year? That's the downside of the deal. It was an all-in gamble.

22. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    I like Johnny Knox a lot. I think he has potential oozing out of him.

Unfortunately, potential doesn't help them now. They look lost, on both sides. Forte isn't nearly as good as he was last year, injuries have murdered their D, and worst of all for them, they're old. If the team was young, you could tolerate this, but they're old nearly everywhere. It's going to get worse before it gets better.