Da Bears

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all knew the Bears had no receivers. They were bound to make mistakes, and as Cutler likes to wing it in pressure, as he often did, he was bound to get picked. He had a 6'5'' amazing talent in Marshall to save his *** when he did that. Now he has... Johnny Knoxville? Or is it Steve-O?
-
I don't know if Cincy is a great team. But you ought to qualify them as a good, competitive team at least.
-
About the Bears, who knew they would be this terrible at running the ball? I never considered Forte as an elite runner, but a good one. Now they have nothing. And they don't have Urlacher and Tinoisamoa at D, and Harris isn't his former self. And they played awfully last year, and didn't improve. I still give them respect, but I don't see them in the division race.

liljohn5115

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol. I didn't expect Cincinnati to show such an excellent defensive performance though. They're not bad at all but they were playing pretty kick *** today if I do say so myself.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Man, Bears have a magical way of just taking any QB and turning them into ****. Orton probably feels some satisfaction at 6-0. Seriously, aren't there like a gazillion decent receivers in the draft each year? Somebody needs to tell Lovie Smith to draft an offensive player occasionally. Jeez.

Heck, even the Lions have potentially a good QB/WR combo. LOL

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, Bears have a magical way of just taking any QB and turning them into ****. Orton probably feels some satisfaction at 6-0. Seriously, aren't there like a gazillion decent receivers in the draft each year? Somebody needs to tell Lovie Smith to draft an offensive player occasionally. Jeez.

Heck, even the Lions have potentially a good QB/WR combo. LOL

Who does Matt Stafford have to throw to other than Calvin Johnson?

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
can u say cutler=rex???

There is a reason Denver got rid of Cutler, because he is not as good as everyone leads on. Too hot and cold from week to week. Needs more consistency but overall I do not think he is a great QB. Better than Rex, but not by much.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
There is a reason Denver got rid of Cutler, because he is not as good as everyone leads on. Too hot and cold from week to week. Needs more consistency but overall I do not think he is a great QB. Better than Rex, but not by much.

Cutler is still being a little too "Gung ho" I think ... And his youth is showing all too much ... - I agree that consistency is what he needs to learn ... and also be a little more patient ...

I have no doubt that the trade will work out for both teams ... - Perhaps not for the Bears this season, however, I'm pretty sure we haven't seen the "last" of Cutler just yet ... - He has everything needed to become a very good quarterback (something he already is I think), but with a little more maturity (in terms of personality I think) alot will change ...

I actually don't fault Cutler as much as I see it more to be a problem with the Bears team overall this season ...

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lot of pic's for a team that doesn't have alot of skilled players to begin with. Besides Hester they are not loaded with alot of talent. I have seen him twice so far so I guess I haven't been impressed but he gets alot of hoopla so I guess I just don't know that much about him. He plays for the bears so I really don't want to see him tearing up the north

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the end, Dungy was right on about him: He has all the talent, but zero maturity. Shanahan was able to "contain" some of his bone-head plays. Lovie? Not so much.

Denver got rid of him because McDaniels knew he couldn't contain him, and in his system, he didn't "need" a big armed QB.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though the bears needed to air it out th entire game, Cutler was still under 200 yards passing in the 4th quarter, mainly due to 3 picks. Cutler was riding high for a few games there. Now back to reality.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though the bears needed to air it out th entire game, Cutler was still under 200 yards passing in the 4th quarter, mainly due to 3 picks. Cutler was riding high for a few games there. Now back to reality.
I think the season is the reality. He's just too imature to be consistent. He'll win you games that only a great QB could. But will also cost you games that an average QB would never throw away.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the season is the reality. He's just too imature to be consistent. He'll win you games that only a great QB could. But will also cost you games that an average QB would never throw away.

Thats a great way to sum up Cutler lets be honest Kyle Orton must be laughing at how the bears are doing and how well he has started.

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Josh McDaniels came in made a statement with Cutler acting like a ***** much like Duante Chilli-pepper and the head Chilly 3 tears ago here in Vikingland. See ya bye, there is a new sherriff in town. I have always wonderd if culpepper regrets that thought process after Tice was fired? He thought he was the man and he acted like a Cutler and now he is a back up in Detoilet

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago needs to draft a decent reciever first. I am not sold on Hester being more than a once in a while big play guy and Bennet is meh. Idk just me but Cutler needs an elite weapon if he looks to be effective in Chi. Otherwise I still think he will be just mediocre.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago needs to draft a decent reciever first. I am not sold on Hester being more than a once in a while big play guy and Bennet is meh. Idk just me but Cutler needs an elite weapon if he looks to be effective in Chi. Otherwise I still think he will be just mediocre.
And how exactly are they going to do it, while fixing their D problems, without the 1st and 2nd rounders for next year? That's the downside of the deal. It was an all-in gamble.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I like Johnny Knox a lot. I think he has potential oozing out of him.

Unfortunately, potential doesn't help them now. They look lost, on both sides. Forte isn't nearly as good as he was last year, injuries have murdered their D, and worst of all for them, they're old. If the team was young, you could tolerate this, but they're old nearly everywhere. It's going to get worse before it gets better.