D did pretty well

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clinton Dix has disappointed me quite a bit to start this season. I've always felt he was a tad overrated here, but still a good player. The way things are going, I'd rather keep Brice and Burnett, Jones and Evans and add another. he better pick up his game. Quit putting your head down and whiffing on tackles and quit being a step or more late on plays.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who has a great stache is Lucas Patrick. You see him working with Bulaga on the sideline? It was something special.

Probably the best part of the game.

Had I an ability to grow a mustache, that's how I would grow it.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not feelin' it.
This D too often allowed on offense that's been unable to get out of it's own way to look like a well oiled machine.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Clinton Dix has disappointed me quite a bit to start this season. I've always felt he was a tad overrated here, but still a good player. The way things are going, I'd rather keep Brice and Burnett, Jones and Evans and add another. he better pick up his game. Quit putting your head down and whiffing on tackles and quit being a step or more late on plays.
He’s nowhere near as good as his reputation imo. Very limited player imo.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st and 2nd halves were night and day. halftime adjustment baby! lol

What I liked about the D was as you pointed out the halftime adjustments resulting in much better play in the second half, and finally getting the big, key stop in OT.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
With no mustache talk imminent, I guess we can talk about the defense.

First impressions in games can be hard to change. In the early going, the Bengals were doing whatever they wanted. But the defense really stiffens up after their early struggles, which ended up defining this contest more than the early mishaps.

Cincinnati went: TD, Punt, TD to start things off. But then it went: Punt, Punt, Punt, Missed FG, Punt, FG, Punt.

To give up 3 points in 7 possessions is pretty nice (that excludes the 8th possession, on which they kneeled to end regulation).

The way things were so rough early and improved so much later makes you wonder how much the new OC had to do with it. Did they need a few possessions to figure out what he was up to and scheme to stop it? I've been as much a Capers critic as any, but he clearly made some needed in-game adjustments.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I liked about the D was as you pointed out the halftime adjustments resulting in much better play in the second half, and finally getting the big, key stop in OT.

Wholeheartedly agree. Then, I ask, how often has that happened, and why not?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts